Net issues...
So, I thought I'd ask here about a problem I've been having recently. It's a better place than any, heh. Anyway, I've been disconnecting frequently on my internet. It seems the connection only becomes stable whilst I'm on the phone line. As soon as I hang up the phone, my net goes off. It can last some time after I hang up, though this is a rarity. What do you think the problem could be? AOL have been playing me about for years.
Thanks given by:
Get a different ISP. AOL sound like shit :)
Thanks given by:
Since your phone affects the line, I'll assume it's ADSL. Have you tried replacing the microfilter(s)? Also, when I was on ADSL I had a terrible 3Com modem/router which would drop the connection several times per day. When I replaced this with a cheap-ass Netgear, the connection stayed up 24/7. Try borrowing another modem and/or router to see if that fixes it.
Thanks given by:
I had similar problems on my dsl connection once.. it turns out to be the spitter.. at least for me tho.. i just changed the splitter! :D
Thanks given by:
I've actually changed the filter recently, and then changed back due to that one being malfunctioned. I've given them a call, and apparently I have a phone line issue with cables out of my house. Woo.
Thanks given by: