Login system for my server
Hello, I'd like to make a nick protection system, where users type !register PASSWORD to register their nick, and type !login PASSWORD and if a person joins using a registered nick, they have to use !login PASSWORD or they will be kicked after 30 seconds to a minute, and the list would be config/servernicknamedb.cfg

pls help me, i dont know C++, but I KNOw how to compile and stuff like that.

btw, i put this in mapping & modding, cause this is for modding (server modding) if a mod comes along, they can move it to servers, i dont care if they do.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 12, 09:47PM)Jg99 Wrote: Hello, I'd like to make a nick protection system...

I'm not gonna stop you :)
Thanks given by:
Well, i dont have ANY C++ experience, so can anyone that knows C++ help me?
Thanks given by:
Google "c++ tutorial." Start there. Without any c++ knowledge or experience there's nothing anyone here can really do to help.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 12, 11:01PM)Mael Wrote: Google "c++ tutorial." Start there. Without any c++ knowledge or experience there's nothing anyone here can really do to help.

Not quite true. The one thing that someone here could reasonably do is just implement this for him. I don't think many people are interested in doing that, though (I'm not).
Thanks given by:
Yes, lets just make our password public by using public commands :3

One place to start would be the server extension support the client and server have.
Thanks given by:
if it was for all of ac, it'd have to become closed source, or heres another idea:

IF client version ex: 1104.840 (win/linux) or 1104.1424 (mac) the user couldnt reach the MS.

OR check if MD5 checksums matched release version checksums
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 12, 01:19AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yes, lets just make our password public by using public commands :3
One place to start would be the server extension support the client and server have.
Not necessarily afaik.
|HP|'s server has a series of commands that use ! that are also private.
So what Jg is suggesting might be possible?
Maybe?

Thanks given by:
It's already been done and is being used lol
Thanks given by:
There are 2 servers with this_ one is normal c++ and the other is using lua server mod.

Thanks given by:
That mode exist really why don't you ask maybe someone whit more commands |HP| Dietrich
Thanks given by:
lol

/name Jg99
!register NameStealer
!login NameStealer

no
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 12, 04:28PM).ExodusS* Wrote: lol

/name Jg99
!register NameStealer
!login NameStealer

no

You can easily make it so that the server owner with the highest "level" gives permission to a CN for registering if he is certain that that person is not name stealing or if server is private then it doesnt matter much.
Thanks given by:
Lol I'm registering unarmed to force those fools to get a fucking nick.
Thanks given by:
Fools like me? ;D
Thanks given by:
You are THE UNARMED?!! So it was you who teamkilled me all those times and hacking. grrrr. You have lots of impersonators though u might want to get that fixed.
/:D
Thanks given by:
[Image: unarmed.png]
Thanks given by: