The "forgive" vote
How we all know some people do intentionally unwanted things while playing

Did you also feel mad, because you vote a -10 flag player and the vote did not pass because there are two or three doing the same and supporting a flag or teamkiller ?

The idea of the "forgive" vote isn't new, but effective

instead of advertising a vote for a player which should obviously be banned, it probably pass, the forgive vote makes it for you automatically

An example :

Someone is intentinally shooting the flag, his score goes to -X flags, he get AUTO ban voted.

The vote shows automatically up "want you forgive player XY, press F1"

If a X amount of people press F1, he stay on server and can keep playing, if people doesn't forgive him, he get's auto banned

This auto votes can be triggered

it also can be triggered in a different way to TK or minus flag score (also if it's kick or ban could be triggered)

The first teamkill could not show up, the second he needs two F1, on third TK he needs more people and so on

The first -1 flag, could need two F1, all others more than 60 percent of the server

(i didnt think now exactly about the trigger settings) i just want show you the idea

this kind of people learned, and they take care that they don't get into the trigger from the server today. They TK one, and they frag one , they TK one and they frag one and so on, ... you know, score at the end 0

The advantage is, you don't need to do anything at first while you play, if you get teamkilled, and you want have this guy keeping playing you "forgive" him

an option would be, you get teamkilled, and the "forgive" vote shows up only for you, so you can decide

it also could also work in combo for server badword list (individual by server owner), if you say a **** which the server owner has on blacklist, you get auto voted, the vote pass by trigger, the trigger also could be set by 0 for some major things, and so on

The point of that idea is that people which do unwanted things, can't abuse anymore the actual vote system, they learn to take care or "game over"

When you get teamkilled, you have time to "forgive", if there is a flag killer, you just keep playing if you want not save him, the trigger would avoid abusing the vote system

Because there could be already a map vote running, it could show up to press F3 < for forgive

i would like to know what you think about that, or how to extend the vote system, or if you just like, how it is now

Have Fun, Your Dog
Thanks given by:
I don't get it. This is the existing vote system except the votes start automatically and F1/F2 are switched around in effect. It doesn't matter if the votes start automatically because if someone is being obnoxious a kick/ban vote WILL get started. We already have a "forgiving" system. It comes into use when someone gets mad at a TKer and calls for a kick, but the other players figure it was an accident and press F2. AMAZING AMAZING NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED LIMITED TIME ONLY. It's even easier if you get TKed and want to forgive the player. You just say "np" and then you don't do anything

If you have to write an entire page about your idea, it's probably too complex for the great and simple AC. I think the current system works fine. If one ass thinks another ass is being an ass, then they call a vote and the other asses decide if the ass is assy, and it's done.
Thanks given by:
the length of my post is not long because it's complex, it's long because i made examples to make you understanding better

the big difference is, that you have to vote now, to hope and beg the vote is passing, and it doesn't pass often because your vote doesn't reach the number of needed voices, players learned to avoid to show up with -10 kills. Aslong you don't change to spectator you would vote F2 because it looks properly for you on the scoreboard (also an example i made already in my first post)

it's about voting behavior from the people

the trigger now, is set to high (5-10), that a vote pass, any vote, if it has a reason or not doesn't matter

the trigger in forgive system starts on low (1-10) with a detected reason, or in percentage to the amount of players in a server

(i just numbered it, to make clear the difference)

the forgive vote does pass, without doing anything

The other point is, that you want play, and not waste time for researching votes, and the idea of the "forgive" vote is, that you don't need to proove at your own, or making people guess about a vote, the vote shows up because you reached a trigger, which does not exist in that way now

it's also in fairness of playing people, atm, people which play properly have to take care that the abusing players get kicked

in the "forgive" system, players which reached a trigger by doing unwanted things, would have to take care to not get kicked, so the work is on the side from the player which reached the trigger, and not the opposite

Players which play properly just let it go, at least they did not reach a trigger

it's a BIG difference if you need voices to get kicked someone, or not get kicked for reaching a trigger, which is only possible by doing it intentionally
Thanks given by:
Reminds me of halos 'forgive' system.
Ya'know. the one that never worked properly.
guy teamkills you 4 times. you shoot him once and kicked.
Thanks given by:
of course it should work, that's what the trigger is for

so on 10 flag kills it would be need to have 100 percent F3 (forgives) from people to not get AUTO banned

on one flag kill, less, if he say sorry, one or two of his mate would forgive (depends on the setting of the trigger) and he keeps playing for his first flag kill, on his second he would need 2 or 3 voices to keep playing, and so on

how i said it's not new
Thanks given by:
OK, I understand the thing about the trigger now. I missed the part about how it has lower vote requirement. Guess that's pretty cool. It's well thought-out and all but I think the current system works well. Well enough, at least. This seems like a solution seeking a problem.
Thanks given by:
it would avoid that the game or servers get overhelmed by that kind of players

"clueless" players would learn it, without bothering players they know that excessive teamkilling isn't fun

atm, always a proplerly player has to vote them (several times probably), and play the "police" instead the game, getting abusive backvotes and all that things we do not want

it would make the game nicer, and more peacefull, the "power" votes would end because the server is making this job by facts, the players just could play, would not make attention as "wrong interpreted or fail promoted unfriendly voter"; by not voting if they want have them out, for a reason by triggers

and thanks for your statements Jack and MykeGregory
Thanks given by:
I didn't read most of these posts, but the most significant benefit of a feature like this is that randoms in pubs who never vote would no longer hinder the process of kicking tkers.
Thanks given by:
right, thanks GDM
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 12, 11:20AM)fundog Wrote: an option would be, you get teamkilled, and the "forgive" vote shows up only for you, so you can decide
This can be scripted, when you get teamkilled and the the teamkiller have the frags/flags above your trigger (which you have priviously set), a mesage would show up on your console so you could forgive. If you vote F2 for the forgive message it starts the kick/ban vote automaticly.
This way you wouldn't have to bother checking cn and typing a kick vote while you play.

Thanks given by:
That would be a client feature to the actual vote system
you would PRE select if you want have it voted or not

it's a nice idea at this point, thanks macm

The "forgive" system is basically the opposite, you don't need to vote, or press, or preselect anything if a tk needs to be kicked/banned

The option i was talking had to do where the vote has to show up, basically in public or only for the victim, for me public makes more sense, for personal terms i was talking befor, on the other hand, it would be handled between the players which are affected and not bother the players which haven't to do anything with it
Thanks given by:
fundog is this related to the way certain urban terror servers deal with teamkillers?
Thanks given by:
Well, if it is, I have to say it doesn't make much sense there. Most people just use "forgive all", while some others don't bother to forgive even if the TK was obviously unintentional and just bad luck.
On the other hand (and this applies to this entire debate), if someone TK's intentionally and more than once, they'd probably get kicked "manually" anyway.
Thanks given by:
well when you are TKed in UrT you can either
!fp (forgive player) or
!grudge

either doesn't add points or adds i think 200. after a certain amount of points, kicked and banned for about....8 minutes?

Edit: points are also added for excessive friendly fire. also auto kicks laggers. auto server maintenance.
Thanks given by:
@ LameFox, yes it's also available in Urban Terror as Addon, but without the trigger

Without trigger it would lead to the situations which Mike Gregory described

@ tempest, you are right, probably no one would care, so if someone makes 1 TK and really 0 voices would happen (no one would press "forgive"), so the vote would pass basically

based how the trigger is set he would show up as voted :

Info > Warning > Kick > Ban ( for each level set an amount of voices to be saved on server, for several happenings)

the system actually isn't effective, because votes on servers with 20 people, 80 percent of the votes can't pass

thanks for your posts
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 12, 10:04PM)fundog Wrote: Without trigger it would lead to the situations which Mike Gregory described

i think that is why you have to have a level of points. any one tk wouldn't get you kicked.
they could tk 5 times which would be, say 1000 points for a ban. you can tk them once for revenge, they get banned for repeat offending. you continue playing.

Edit: for serious offences server admins can set days or week bans (!d3 !w1)
Thanks given by:
I think this is a great idea personally.

(21 Mar 12, 02:26PM)GDM Wrote: the most significant benefit of a feature like this is that randoms in pubs who never vote would no longer hinder the process of kicking tkers

and this is why I back the idea 100%. sucks when there's some idiot teamsplattering you as you spawn, and when you get a chance to vote-kick nobody gives a crap and you just rq.
Thanks given by:
it should be a private vote to the player who was TK'ed......to be somewhat objective.
Thanks given by:
i did write the option about private vote, because it does exist in that way, so all informations required are written.

I am not sure if direct vote from player to player would be objective, and it should make the game better and not making a new opportunity for personal disputes (that's my oppinion)

and it wouldn't work with the trigger idea, where you can set an amount of voices in level of the strenght of the happenings

@LameFox : thanks for the info with the cumulative points and the setup options of consequences
(with the posted idea it would cumulate abuses, and show them directly up as defined vote, included all triggered settings and consequences)

thanks for your statement Vanquish

Thanks given by:
i dont get it ._.
Thanks given by: