sniper scope changing (UBUNTU USERS PLEASE)
i would like to change to hud of my sniper scope, and all i have to do so is a folder called "Scope1" and a readme on what to do. i believe the readme is directions for windows so i would ned some help.

ReadMe:

Place the "scope.png" file into the packages > misc folder. Either remove or rename the original crosshairs so you do not lose them.

i use the help section of the forum waay too much.. -.-
Thanks given by:
Nah, it's the same directory structure. You just have to find where "packages" is. If you downloaded the assaultcube tar.gz, you should know where it is. If you installed it with a package manager, it is probably in /usr/share/assaultcube/ or ~/.assaultcube_something/. Or both. You shouldn't actually really change anything in /usr/share/assaultcube as it'll just get overwritten when you upgrade.

If you're really stuck try "sudo find / -name scope.png".
Thanks given by:
when i open the folder, since it is share drive, i cannot change the details of the game even thoguh i am the admin for the computer, and accessing it from admin account, it doesnt let me change things or attempt to input a password for permission to overwrite files. any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Just put it into the AC user files directory (~/.assaultcube_v1.1) instead. It's not advisable to change things directly in the main directory anyway.
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 12, 01:07PM)tempest Wrote: Just put it into the AC user files directory (~/.assaultcube_v1.1) instead. It's not advisable to change things directly in the main directory anyway.
i have .assaultcube_vi.104, should that matter? and i dont get what you mean by the above
Thanks given by:
How did you install the game?
Via download link here or via software center/Synaptic?
Thanks given by:
software centre
Thanks given by:
K.
Then i shut up.
I have no idea where, what or how its installed via software center.
Thanks given by:
If that is the only .assaultcube* folder in your home, then try putting scope.png in packages/misc. If it doesn't work, we will have to figure out where the configuration directory is set to. Open a terminal and run "assaultcube", and the first line should say "Using home directory: …"
Thanks given by:
Do "sudo find / -name scope.png" Because that worked for me :D
Thanks given by: