Urban Terror?
Just wondering if anyone here has played/plays UrT. How does it compare to AC?
Thanks given by:
I've played it. It's slower gameplay, more realistic, more guns, more tactics, it's got a weird sprint feature where you jump and slide, so on so forth.
Thanks given by:
I remember it almost being too easy if you used the laser sight thing as it made all the automatic weapons, including the ones that would kill with headshots, way too accurate over long distances. It was fun, but different.
Thanks given by:
Way to slow for me, and I can't ever remember how to heal myself lol
Thanks given by:
Too many guns :3
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube is way more fun.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 12, 09:17AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: AssaultCube is way more fun.

Thanks given by:
Last time I played UrT was full of cheaters
Thanks given by:
I like sniping more on urban terror but I only really play it when I'm taking a break from ac
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 12, 11:57AM)MykeGregory Wrote:
I have a friend who plays it and couldn't convince him AC was better. Graphics on it look bad and the package is too big for me to be to be bothered

Thanks given by:
UrT sucks. Sloppy gameplay, although there are many weapons. Save HDD space for something else. ;)
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 12, 08:47PM)Andrez Wrote: something else. ;)

he means pr0n. the winky face tells all
Thanks given by:
Hmmm. Well, I just played a number of matches. Here are my impressions.

1. The graphics, when maxed out, are superb for Quake 3 mod. It'll look even better once the HD update is released sometime later this year.
2. As a Quake player, I love the strafe jumping, crouch sliding, and wall-jumping maneuvers.
3. The game is a turtle compared to AC, both concerning its optimization and the gameplay itself. It just feels slower to me.
4. More weapons does not equal more fun. I personally prefer AC's simpler weapon selection.
5. One thing that I like is the inclusion of smoke grenades. Regardless, I don't think AC would necessarily benefit from adding smoke and flash grenades.
6. The maps are ginormous, and can turn into sniper fests after 3-5 minutes, with half the team standing near the base and sniping across the map rather than getting engaged in the battles ensuing around the rest of the map. A handful is okay, but half the team with 40 people in the map? Good God.
7. The forums aren't nearly as active as these. <3
8. The community seems a bit more... toxic than this one. I dunno.

Just some impressions after 5-6 hours of messing around with it. Will be sticking with AC. :)
Thanks given by:
CrossFire rules

Thanks given by:
Remember .cS"|*Light was near the "pro level" on this game, Harrek played it too.

As Melone said, CF rules :P
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 12, 01:50AM).ExodusS* Wrote: Remember .cS"|*Light was near the "pro level" on this game, Harrek played it too.

So they played UrT to a near pro level, then came here? Or vice-versa?
Thanks given by:
Only Light was an 0wn3r. :P
Thanks given by:
Indeed, way to slow... Graphics are ok, but I wasn't able to play full resolution on a 1950x1200
AC is much better.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 12, 10:21PM)Cemer Wrote:
(18 Feb 12, 08:47PM)Andrez Wrote: something else. ;)

he means pr0n. the winky face tells all
You won sir :D
Thanks given by:

No offense against against assault-cube, but I find UrbanTerror funner. You get more choice of weapons, different modes for some weapons, and much more features than AC. There is better graphics and more realistic gameplay. Again, no offense against the AC diehards.
Thanks given by:
Lol I read this thread from the Offtopic forum as Uhban Terror by CaptainArab...

Anywho:
It's not a bad game, it can be quite fun, I've found a server that enables both players and bots, and it's slightly CoD-esque.
Thanks given by:
It's decent, for the break time away from AC.

I, however, tend to stray towards AVA, when I don't do AC
Thanks given by:
Urban Terror feels a little clunky in a lot of ways (server side hit detection and very rigid recoil, for example), but it's a pretty fun game. I think it's a perfect mix between tactical shooters and arena shooters, it has all sorts of Quake-style movement features like circle jumping and walljumps and crouch sliding, but with dynamic crosshairs like you'd see in a tactical shooter.

Playing it feels like being a part of a big, over the top action movie.
Thanks given by:
GI wish i had a pc. On mac fps is limited thats why i love ac and urban terror and cod but on pc you have combat arms ava crossfire operation7 so much more plus any mac game pretty much. Does anyone know how to play pc games on mac? Ive heard of bootcamp but i dont have windows 7 on disk atm. Anyway im thankfull for ac aha :D my urban terror wont get servers from master server so cod and ac ftw but ac is just too fun because of its fastpacedness
Thanks given by:
Have a look at CrossOver.
CrossOver: Windows emulator for Mac and Linux computers - CodeWeavers
CrossOver Games allows Mac and Linux users to run their favorite Windows games in the environment of their choice. CrossOver's like an emulator, but better: No rebooting, no switching to a virtual machine, and no Windows OS license required.
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 12, 02:37AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Have a look at CrossOver.
CrossOver Games allows Mac and Linux users to run their favorite Windows games in the environment of their choice. CrossOver's like an emulator, but better: No rebooting, no switching to a virtual machine, and no Windows OS license required.
Thanks opensource ill definately go check that out! :D
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 12, 02:37AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Have a look at CrossOver.

I personally Bootcamp'd Win7, but I have heard good things about CrossOver.
Thanks given by: