A couple humble, minor suggestions!
Hello AC forums!

Took a break from this game for a month or two. Missed it dearly. ;)

In any case, story of my life aside, I have a couple humble suggestions that I feel would enhance the game in minor, but noticeable, ways:

1. While spectating (for example, after death in TOSOK), allow the player to see the weapon the player currently being spectated is using, just like from their perspective normally. As it is now, it is a little jarring to spectate a player and not being able to see the weapon they are holding, or any reticle of any sort.

2. When voting to kick someone, hide the vote from the player being kicked. Every single time a player has been voted to be kicked for reason ________, there is about 15 seconds of confusion, turmoil, hate, rage, et cetera coming from the player being voted to be kicked from the current match. If the kick goes through, a little notification could pop up after the player has been removed from the server with the reason he or she was booted. At the same time, I see the flip side to this: if you are being voted for being kicked, you have a fleeting 15-20 seconds to appeal to the rest of the players why you should not be kicked. Example: just now I was being voted to be kicked in a TOSOK match for "campALLday" when I parked myself near a pillar once for one round out of well over a dozen. Luckily, it was 9-2 in my favor. Not sure about this one, but all I know is that attempting to kick someone usually causes more rage than anything productive, unless the player is an outright troll and the vote ends within 4-6 seconds.

Let me know what you think, if these have been suggested before, if these are impossible, or some other reason why my suggestions should either be considered or disregarded as worthless crap. ;)

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day. Cheers!
Thanks given by:
For your first point, the ability to see the other player's gun they are holding will be included in the next version, so don't worry about it. Regarding your second point, I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that in the 'Ideas' thread. I can't exactly remember how the players reacted to the idea, hopefully one or two heads will remember.
Thanks given by:
Like wolf said, there has already been some discussion about your second point, but I can't remember what came out of it. However, you gave me a good idea: when a player is kicked, have a menu pop up with a message telling them that they were kicked and what the reason was. Being kicked can happen suddenly and the only thing it shows is one line of text in your console, which quickly disappears.
Thanks given by:
1) What Wolf said.
2) Eh maybe. But sometimes some bad votes turn up, and the person needs to say something to get people's attention so they F2. A lot of pub players have a tendency to just F1 everything. Example...
[Image: f9b23205b97243a284767d1.png]
Thanks given by:
Can't tell you how many times I've been nearly (or successfully) kicked for "hacking", "speedhack", "aimbot" or even "noob" :P
Thanks given by:
Or "shooting"

:>
Thanks given by:
(14 Feb 12, 04:17AM)Nightmare Wrote: 1) What Wolf said.
2) Eh maybe. But sometimes some bad votes turn up, and the person needs to say something to get people's attention so they F2. A lot of pub players have a tendency to just F1 everything. Example...
[Image: f9b23205b97243a284767d1.png]

Indeed, and some people don't even know about voting process and just press f1 when they read "pls all press f1 now" and such.

On the other hand (just to make sure everyone gets it) I'd put: "press f1 to vote YES, f2 to vote NO"

Thanks given by:
(14 Feb 12, 02:54AM)CaptainAhab Wrote: As it is now, it is a little jarring to spectate a player and not being able to see the weapon they are holding, or any reticle of any sort.

You can.

(14 Feb 12, 02:54AM)CaptainAhab Wrote: 2. When voting to kick someone, hide the vote from the player being kicked.

Play CrossFire and you will know what is to be kicked like that.
The vote kick/ban/shuffle is the best i know after the CS:S one, just because CS:S offer the way to have 2 or more different votes in the same time.
Thanks given by:
(14 Feb 12, 06:01AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Can't tell you how many times I've been nearly (or successfully) kicked for "hacking", "speedhack", "aimbot" or even "noob" :P

Also the pop up message is a good idea. i have been kicked before and could not work out why.

Thanks given by:
Alrighty, thank you thus far for the replies! :)

1. Did not know about the spectating part in the upcoming version, nor did I know, according to ExodusS's post, that it is possible. Sorry for the noobery.

2. I think CSS's system is great as well. I suppose allowing the player to see why he or she is being kicked while it is happening is working out okay, and there have been completely valid reasons as to why it should remain the way it is pointed out in this I thread, so why change it? :| And yes, it is always of great annoyance when a load of pub players press f1 for some ridiculous (sometimes perverse) reason without even thinking.

Regardless, I support having a menu pop up after the game explaining why you were kicked.
Thanks given by: