Feng + aPro (SON!C) cheat proof
He was also spectating with the actual game, I believe
Thanks given by:
I've just watched this. I'm only going to comment on the initial accusation in this thread, that Feng has somehow altered the amount of ammo available to him, specifically at 12'26 remaining.
When he reloads, the amount shown is not 20/3; it's 20/-3. The demo playback has always (since I've been playing) had this ammo glitch. Feng has 0/17 before reloading. The demo puts 20 rounds in the clip on reload, even though only 17 are available. This leaves the reserve as 17-20, or -3. Of course, in reality he only has 17 in the clip and he wouldn't have been able to fire more than that.
The timing's wrong on the second accusation because he has the akimbo at 11'56 rem. Although the fugures don't add up, it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same glitch again. The server will not allow you to create ammo out of thin air.
aPro is Wagner.
Thanks given by:
And if he shoot and he's lagging hard (0 information between him and the server), bullets are completely dropped, hit-reg fixed or not?

(06 Feb 12, 11:34AM)jamz Wrote: The server will not allow you to create ammo out of thin air.

That's why i didn't see any pickup hack since 1.0 end. ;)
Thanks given by:
That's not thin air. When a remote pickup is used, there still has to be an available pickup somewhere on the map, and it will disappear in the demo when it's collected.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 01:05PM).ExodusS* Wrote: And if he shoot and he's lagging hard (0 information between him and the server), bullets are completely dropped, hit-reg fixed or not?

Supposedly the bullets should always reach the server -- at least if ENet works as intended.

(06 Feb 12, 11:34AM)jamz Wrote: I've just watched this. I'm only going to comment on the initial accusation in this thread, that Feng has somehow altered the amount of ammo available to him, specifically at 12'26 remaining.
When he reloads, the amount shown is not 20/3; it's 20/-3. The demo playback has always (since I've been playing) had this ammo glitch. Feng has 0/17 before reloading. The demo puts 20 rounds in the clip on reload, even though only 17 are available. This leaves the reserve as 17-20, or -3. Of course, in reality he only has 17 in the clip and he wouldn't have been able to fire more than that.

This makes sense and I could verify it in the source. Feng's not guilty, sorry for misleading everyone.

Here's a patch to fix it. In clients2c.cpp on line 690 change

int bullets = magsize(gun)-p->mag[gun];
to
int bullets = min(p->ammo[gun], magsize(gun)-p->mag[gun]);

When I watch the demos with this fix applied the ammo values add up.

I should add, as referee of the aG Cup, you're still not welcome to play with Waagner, SON!C, Plenas or other cheaters though.
Thanks given by:
So it seems that we were wrong about Feng?

If that is the case, then I believe that an apology is due, regardless of how some of us (Myself included) May feel of him
Thanks given by: