Poll: What's about Skyrim?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I play it because I actually like it
32.43%
12 32.43%
I don't play it
59.46%
22 59.46%
I play it because everyone does it
0%
0 0%
What is Skyrim?
8.11%
3 8.11%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Skyrim
Seriously, only this can explain what I think.
[Image: 3188925+_cb660172faccf9701a85605ba653fba5.gif]

Let me explain. A couple of friends told me about it, like "OMFGHA AWESOME GAMEH", then I tried it out, but I can't really get what makes it cooler than other games. Stunning graphics, or what?
Thanks given by:
What is Skyrim?
Thanks given by:
I enjoy it, but I felt I had to play it on the master setting and constantly gimp my characters to make the game challenging enough. I sunk a shit load of hours in during my winter break from Uni and haven't touched it since.

Its a good game but I feel it lacks in some areas. I don't find it challenging, and it seems you have to play ridiculous rp characters to get the most out of it. If you approach it like a regular rpg: D2, GW, etc... in general you won't like it.

What made it cooler than other games to me was the lore, some of the quest lines are extremely in depth and interesting (others suck as well and are worth ignoring). Graphics mean very little to me, I still play games like Diablo 2, and Classic Diablo... I'm more about game play. Sandbox games typically either gain love or hate... very few people can simply just say it is good.

If you do get it I would suggest that you get it on PC, lets ignore the fact that the game is completely broken on PS3, PC has mods and a huge community constantly fleshing out more content for the game. So even if the game gets stale wait a few months and someone will create something to make it nice again.

To me not the best game ever, it doesn't even feel like a finished game to me, but I do enjoy it. It was entertaining and I got my moneys worth out of it. I'll revisit it again eventually, and probably add more mods to better suit it to my needs in a game.
Thanks given by:
I'm just tired of "I used to [insert activity here], then i took an arrow to knee". STFU, Its not funny anymore.

And i have never played it.
Thanks given by:
I used to play skyrim, then i took an arrow to the knee
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 12, 09:12PM)MykeGregory Wrote: I'm just tired of "I used to [insert activity here], then i took an arrow to knee". STFU, Its not funny anymore.

I don't get what's so funny about this either. Adventuring is hard work, what with all the walking, climbing, etc. you have to do, and getting shot in the knee with an arrow would really ruin your ability to do anything more than guard duty, if you can even walk still.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 12, 09:12PM)MykeGregory Wrote: I'm just tired of "I used to [insert activity here], then i took an arrow to knee". STFU, Its not funny anymore.

Neither is that teabagging image.
Thanks given by:

And i have never played it.

I used to be a resident tea bagger, then I took an arrow in the knee, and someone stole my sweet roll
Thanks given by:
I don't play it* = 71.43%

:D
Thanks given by:
i dont play skyrim so i didnt took an arrow to the knee
Thanks given by:
I'm a dovahkiin
Thanks given by:
Like all meme's and similar stuff. Although I did find this one quite funny.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 12, 09:08PM)Woolly Wrote: I enjoy it, but I felt I had to play it on the master setting

this results in being 1 shot by everything and having to find cheap shit on a JRPG level. trying to war with the dragon priests on master is a total bitch if you arn't prepared for them to pop up.

getting this game on anything other than PC is a waste of money, and this game could have been alot better had it been a PC only title. that being said i still found it very enjoyable, well worth the purchase!
Thanks given by:
Diablo 2 <3

I'm not a fan of The Elder Scrolls' style. Though I do have Morrowind. :3
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 12, 09:13PM)SiL3nT Wrote: I used to play skyrim, then i took an arrow to the knee

see angry joe's review probably that solve your doubts about the quality of this game.
Thanks given by:
Its fun, really fun :D
Thanks given by:
After having played Fallout 3 and New Vegas I though this one would lack in the same ways as those games did. Little did I know that Bethesda has put A LOT into this game, and that alone makes it worth to see where they have gone in what I think can be called "immersion".
To feel that you are a part of the game. Like the first Zelda titles or Metroid ones. Not like the new SHITFEST that infects the consoles, this is something really satisfying to play through.
Answering your question, I think that for each human being it can be a different thing, but in my case the dungeon/quest layout makes me feel like everything I see is something new, and Im 70 hours into the game. The looting also helps! (Imma thief, XD)
That doesnt mean it is a perfect game, far away form Castlevania 1 that, but it has so many qualities that it cant be ignored.
Give it another try, wander the land of Skyrim!
Thanks given by:
I know it glitches and is very laggy, but I have this game on the PS3, and have clocked 30+ hours. It's starting to lose its appeal to me, but I have absolutely, positively, gotten my money's worth.

My favorite thing about the game is its sheer size/depth. There's tons to explore, and it's set in a stunning environment. I love how the various quests range from combat, exploring/solving puzzles (albeit fairly easy ones), to stealing shit (YES!!!!!). The skill trees are tons of fun unlocking, dependent on what kind of a character you want to create. You can become any kind of character you want, and as usual, Bethesda makes great use of dynamic, user controlled gameplay.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 12, 09:12PM)MykeGregory Wrote: tl;dr

I used to read your posts, then I took an arrow to the knee.
Thanks given by:
I like it, it's undoubtedly a good game. But I prefer Oblivion. Skyrim in theory is a very good game; it has dragons, the most uber awesome graphics known to any Elder Scrolls game, insanely improved use of magic, and a far wider voice cast. There are so many possibilities as to what you can do, even down to getting married. But Skyrim doesn't feel fun after a while, and I don't know why...

To me, Oblivion feels fun. Still. 3 years after I first played it. The music, the scenery, the leveling system, the quests, were for the most part so much better than Skyrim is. Plus, the world of Cyrodiil was such a varied one - it encompassed all the different traits and characteristics of all the provinces of Tamriel into one fantastically insane world. (not to mention, the plugins such as Shivering Isles were fantastic and there is actually a mod that lets you explore the provinces of Valenwood and Elsweyr with new quests and so on, etc), Skyrim at the minute is just forest in the south and snow in the north, and random bleak villages dotted around the map (with the exception of Solitude, being a nice city and having nice views, particularly from the back of Proudspire Manor on the patio).

(31 Jan 12, 09:08PM)Woolly Wrote: PC has mods and a huge community constantly fleshing out more content for the game. So even if the game gets stale wait a few months and someone will create something to make it nice again.

Totally agreed. That, in my opinion, is all that can save Skyrim from being a flop. Turn borders off on your PC...we can explore the entire Tamriel region. Admittedly it's low-res randomly generated terrain and it serves no purpose by going there, but think of the capacity for modding. Somebody may make a combination of Skyrim and Oblivion like they did with Oblivion and Morrowind (called Morroblivion - lol), or maybe the Tamriel Reborn mod will finally get finished and we can explore everything, talk to everyone, and do anything anywhere in one game.

So yes, Skyrim is a great game. But not what I hoped it to be - Oblivion (and I daresay Morrowind too?) are far better. I love The Elder Scrolls series, and I think this game has let it down slightly. It's just too repetitive, I think.

So yeah, in conclusion, I put too much thought into questions like these.

Thanks given by:
I couldn't stop playing it for a week, then I put it down for 10 days. Then I had a 4-hour session. Haven't played since.

IMO, Oblivion > Skyrim in terms of how much fun I had before putting it down.

Also, f*ck Bethesda and their horrible console ports.
Thanks given by:
I'm playing the Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, and for me TES are the best RPG ever !

For those who know Skyrim love it and if you know Headhunterz, here is the best remix ever made:

Thanks given by:
Love Fallout 3 and New Vegas, haven't tried Skyrim yet. Not sure about the swords-and-dragons theme thou. Also,

[Image: 2142v4x.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^...wut.
(31 Jan 12, 09:57PM)tempest Wrote: Like all meme's and similar stuff. Although I did find this one quite funny.

<3 tempest. Skyrim looks pretty fun. Most of my friends say one of the most appealing factors was its graphics, but the gameplay is good too.
Thanks given by:
Something a little mellower:

Something a lot mellower:

Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 08:33PM)RealViking Wrote: [Image: 2142v4x.jpg]

Why is there a penis on its back doing a poo?
and no front legs?
And no nose?... or ears?
Thanks given by:
Mael Wrote:
MykeGregory Wrote:I'm just tired of "I used to [insert activity here], then i took an arrow to knee". STFU, Its not funny anymore.

Neither is that teabagging image.
Ahahahah pwned. I don't like it either.

Of course the first thread I posted on here was spammed by a similar image :/

On topic: I've thoroughly enjoyed Morrowind, to the point of breaking it with exploits (xbox). From my experience in Morrowind and from what I hear about the rest of the series Bethesda is bad at eliminating bugs.

Oblivion was regarded as "prettier" but smaller, limited Morrowind, and it sounds as though Skyrim is similarly less impressive to some.

It's been said a bit and I agree -- the narrative/dialogue/books themselves are what make the game. So it's 50% text-based game 50% adventure game :P
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 08:33PM)RealViking Wrote: Love Fallout 3 and New Vegas, haven't tried Skyrim yet. Not sure about the swords-and-dragons theme thou. Also,

[Image: 2142v4x.jpg]

Hahaha, fus roh da
Thanks given by: