Poll: What type of FPS do you get?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1-50
13.33%
6 13.33%
50-100
22.22%
10 22.22%
100-225
37.78%
17 37.78%
225-450
8.89%
4 8.89%
450+
17.78%
8 17.78%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Anyway to increase or stabilize FPS?
Currently I run at around anywhere from 160-390 fps (with graphics set to lowest possible standards). I know that compared to some people on here, it's not much to complain about but I was just wondering if anyone has any special tricks to increase fps or maybe stop it from dipping below 300.

I have a mac so when I quit an application, it stops the process (at least I think O.o). So obviously I don't have a task manager. Any suggestions from fellow mac users or perhaps pc users?
Thanks given by:
Why do you want to keep your fps above 300?

Also, everyone knows the human eye only sees 12fps jeez.
Thanks given by:
as a mac user, you most certainly do have a task manager. albeit it is called activity monitor. The best way to keep FPS steady is to use /maxfps X where x is the number where your machine can run all maps the most comfortably. There are many ways to reduce even more graphical features of the game by using a menu/script V-man made although you may not like the consequences of using it if you don't know what each function does. My recommendation is to just play where it is the most steady and cap it at that.
Thanks given by:
What's the poll got to do with anything? :S

http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=816
Be careful with what options you turn off, though...
Thanks given by:
MerCyKiL Wrote:So obviously I don't have a task manager.
Even if I didn't know this already

I don't think there is a /minfps...
I think I might stop posting in threads like this as I have little understanding/sympathy for people with 10+ times more FPS than I do :P

I wouldn't have maxfps set so high the computer can't handle it under varying conditions.

MerCyKiL Wrote:160-390 fps (with graphics set to lowest possible standards)
I think there's a large threshold in this statement to balance your enjoyment of the game's graphics with just how many frames (more than you can actually mentally comprehend) are drawn each and every second (poor computer)

Just an example of how silly hundreds of FPS is: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 runs around 60FPS with fantastic graphics.

Mael Wrote:Also, everyone knows the human eye only sees 12fps jeez.
I get 20 FPS at most in AC and it's not quite visually fluid.
Related:<article>
Thanks given by:
Mine flutters between 200 and 300 (I only get 300 if I'm looking at a wall though) with everything on lowest possible settings. I cap it off at 200 - I completely agree with Waffles in this case; I find I always get a good hitreg (particularly with SMG) if my FPS is stable. As for AR, FPS doesn't matter to me too much because I pulse all my shots. So /maxfps 200 does it for me. Give it a shot.
Thanks given by:
I get 300-400 on my mac and 200-500 on my asus, depending on the map
Thanks given by:
thanks all for the help

@waffles: i had no idea activity monitor existed lol

@orynge: thanks for the download

@vanqu!sh: ill try out 200 max

thanks everyone else for the input
Thanks given by:
What do you mean by an Activity Monitor Waffles?
Thanks given by:
This.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 12, 06:46AM)Mael Wrote: Also, everyone knows the human eye only sees 12fps jeez.

I'm pretty sure it's the mid twenties.
Thanks given by:
I think ~12fps is the threshold at which the brain perceives still images as having motion. Of course this varies with each person's physiology.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 12, 11:17PM)bballn45 Wrote: What do you mean by an Activity Monitor Waffles?

Thanks to Waffles, i know where to find this. If you have a mac, go to "Spotlight" (magnifying glass on the top right of your screen) and type Activity Monitor. What should come up is basically the mac version of "Windows Task Manager". You can delete individual processes there manually and also monitor your CPU usage....
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 12, 04:18AM)MasterKaen Wrote: I think ~12fps is the threshold at which the brain perceives still images as having motion. Of course this varies with each person's physiology.

Pretty sure it's actually 24?
Thanks given by:
http://www.fi.edu/learn/case-files/jenki...6/eye.html
The Franklin institute disagrees.
Thanks given by:
I guess this thread is already resolved... so...
(21 Jan 12, 08:36AM)I Wrote: Related:<article>

Thanks given by:
I seriously hope you guys know I was joking.
Thanks given by: