Knife only?!
[Image: 20111230130550acdesertt.jpg]
....................................................^^
Just wandering if you have ever had this happen to you ingame?

I have, just a few days ago, and i think its STUPID.
Why claim that a game is 'Knife only' when you are playing TOSOK and then kick those that dont obey by those stupid non-existant rules.

I would go as far as to say this is admin abuse and should not be allowed. play LSS if you want a god-damnned knife match.

Discuss..
Thanks given by:
It's been going on forever. Contact the server owner, don't play there again, etc.

"Knife only" was the impetus for my suggestion of a customizable mode. Players can change settings, vote for the mode and be required to follow the rules. May need a menu to set up the vote though.
Thanks given by:
Let us know how the server owner responds to your complaint. I have an itchy "HATE" tag finger.
Thanks given by:
How about making a knife only mode?
Cant be that hard to code lss to loose nadas/nada pickups.

Then this problem want happen.

But as the ppl over me says; contact server owner and dont play on that server any more.
Thanks given by:
Well, as I see it:
Situation 1: A bunch of people are playing OSOK and think itll be fun if "only knife" is played. They dont ask the players and start kicking people.
Option: Leave the server.

Situation 2: 40+ server, mini_douze, OSOK: That will normally be a "knife only" game, and youll get kicked if you shoot. But that has been arranged previously to the map vote and all who are playing agree. Thus the "kick" vote.
Option: Hang around and learn some knifing skillz (for the lulz).

Situation 3: A bunch of n00bs is being pawned by Pr0 Sniper, and think theyll beat him in "knife only". They ask knife only.
Option: Pawn them with knife, T-bag, and leave... XD.

I agree with DES|OpenSource, a knife only mode, but au contrarie than in LSS, with 1 of health, as in T/OSOK.
Thanks given by:
I've seen this around a lot, it really gets on my nerves sometimes. Nothing wrong with wanting to try a new way to play, but I'm sick of joining a game and immediately getting yelled at and kicked with poorly spelled reasons without actually having been told they're trying to go knife only.

It's not so much that they're playing knife only itself, I just don't like giving them the satisfaction of kicking me for rules they made up.

That's what LSS is for.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 04:58AM)RIPBillyMays Wrote: I've seen this around a lot, it really gets on my nerves sometimes. Nothing wrong with wanting to try a new way to play, but I'm sick of joining a game and immediately getting yelled at and kicked with poorly spelled reasons without actually having been told they're trying to go knife only.

It's not so much that they're playing knife only itself, I just don't like giving them the satisfaction of kicking me for rules they made up.

That's what LSS is for.

Yeah! Fuck them stupid "knife only" noobs. Whenever I see a random "unarmed" say "HEY KNIFE ONLY! KNIFE ONLY OR BAN!", I want to literally go to their house and smack them right on their face. IMO, it also ruins the game. Every single day, I go onto a random server and I see, "KNIFE ONLY!"

13 seconds later....

Unarmed calls a vote:
Kick player: DeM.|Riceboy
Reason: Gunning

Please stop this crazy "knife only" crap. -_-
Thanks given by:
It seems they are getting the OSOK abprevation comfused with One Slash One Kill instead of One Shot One Kill. But yeah, I say vote abuse!
Thanks given by:
I just saw this my self somebody named Mr chicken say Knife only. I then found out he is sniping wtf?
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 12, 01:46AM)RedBird Wrote: I just saw this my self somebody named Mr chicken say Knife only. I then found out he is sniping wtf?
That's the definition of awesome.
Thanks given by:
I had this happen to me once I joined one of my own severs with a TOSOK game running, i shot someone and imeadiatley i got "knife only" and a vote to kick me. After i rejoined I posted "Admin only" took admin and banned every player on the server one by one.

I admit it was not the most mature thing to do, but it was quite funny and since then i have not heard of this being done on my servers again.

So admins, get you "Admin only modes on"

;)
Thanks given by:
Why not just play knife only like they want to instead of ruining the game for them? If u do not want to do that, just leave...
Thanks given by:
Err because the game mode was TOSOK not knife only or LSS, my servers are there for the entire community not a group of individuals who think they can make rules up as they go along.

If they want a knife only mode the options are clear LSS or make a knife only server without nades. Or heres an idea why not make a map with no nade pickups then you could play LSS as proper knife only.
Thanks given by:
The only knife only i have seen are on 40+ server where everyone agrees to play it, have never seen it in any other pub though. And Anderson, i like ur Admin only solution :P
Thanks given by:
Knife only works better when you have 1 hp, IMO.
Thanks given by:
Whenever I ever do this with people it's always exactly opposite of what you guys say, to an extent that exhausts my own patience. There's one or two people that ruin it for everyone when we repeatedly, explicitly tell them not to shoot but to use knives only and I only assume it's a troll or someone speaking a different language.

When I first started playing AC, I started on OSOK and enjoyed ambushing people with my knife. When I heard there was a Last Swiss Standing mode I loved the idea and tried it immediately, only to find a bunch of grenade noobs afraid to draw their blades and fight like men, instead running backwards away from you, whilst cooking a grenade of course, one of their always fully stocked arsenal of them.

I kinda like how grenades only count as one frag now, but it doesn't seem to discourage people playing LSS, which, from my perspective is nominally a knife mode (unless the Swiss Army was also renowned for their grenade production)

I'm aware you can use knives in Pistol Frenzy (which is fun) and OSOK (also fun) but I expected a mode to honor it's own name when I heard of Last Swiss Standing.

In my opinion, Nade Frenzy fits right in with Pistol Frenzy, which could merely be a name-change of LSS. LSS could then focus on the Swiss and less the nades.
Thanks given by:
I agree on the mode mix up.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 12, 09:19PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: In my opinion, Nade Frenzy fits right in with Pistol Frenzy, which could merely be a name-change of LSS. LSS could then focus on the Swiss and less the nades.

Agreed.
Thanks given by:
Don't think that you can
Quote:repeatedly, explicitly tell them not to shoot
and expect them to simply obey without any sort of actual changes in gameplay or modes.
It is rude to tell people what weapon to use.
As others mentioned, having more customizable mode options will allow people to vote on what weapons to use. Then nobody has to worry about telling or being told to use a specific weapon; the "wrong" weapons in such a case simply won't load. That's why it's a good solution.
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 11:45PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: How about making a knife only mode?

Then this problem want happen.

But as the ppl over me says; contact server owner and dont play on that server any more.

-Totally agree with you OpenSource xD and with 1Hp
Thanks given by:
V-Man Wrote:Don't think that you can
Quote:repeatedly, explicitly tell them not to shoot

I put it that way to assess the validity of these statements, at least in cases where I was present and initiated the decision to use only knives:

paulmuaddibKA Wrote:A bunch of people are playing OSOK and think itll be fun if "only knife" is played. They dont ask the players and start kicking people.

RIPBillyMays Wrote:I'm sick of joining a game and immediately getting yelled at and kicked with poorly spelled reasons without actually having been told they're trying to go knife only.

I did not mean to imply I do so in a crude way or even vote to kick people -- I just inform people that join post the mutual decision of already connected players have agreed to do.

When they do not comply immediately, they usually do if I tell them again (and they apologize they missed the first notification and comply or choose to leave themselves).

When they don't acknowledge me at all, I assume we don't speak the same language or it's a troll -- at that point the game's sorta spoiled and we have to revert to normal play (or the more annoyed players vote to kick :x)

RIPBillyMays Wrote:That's what LSS [should be] for.
Fixed :P
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 11:45PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: How about making a knife only mode?

MyS modded server had the knife only mode and other interesting things like ictf for ages.
Thanks given by:
Custom modes will solve this. Until then, small groups of people agreeing to go knife-only and then kicking those who don't follow along is confusing and rude.
If a custom mode is in place, then the people who don't want to play knife-only will have to find another server because they only have a knife -- not because people kicked them for disobeying some transient traditions.
I'm all for knife-only mode, if it is coded into the game.
I'm against telling someone they can't use a gun that they can scroll their mouse wheel to get (and this principle leads on to why I disagree with Cleaner about the ethical status of using scripts, even though I <3 Cleaner to death ;-).
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 12, 07:18PM)V-Man Wrote: I'm against telling someone they can't use a gun that they can scroll their mouse wheel to get (and this principle leads on to why I disagree with Cleaner about the ethical status of using scripts, even though I <3 Cleaner to death ;-).

Same exact thing :D
Thanks given by:
I often played "knife only" on some server, also when I was admin, because ALL people in that server wanted a particular map with that "gameplay". Anyone got probably his/her own taste, anyone I don't see much fun/skill in only knife games. But I understand it can be annoying for those who join to get kicked with "gunner" reasons.

In my opinion, a new knife only mode will be probably able to resolve this problem.

I don't think that the LSS without nades could do much. In my experience people want to slash their opponent in just 1 cut, that's why it all started with the OSOK mode.

The LSS name makes me think too about Switzerland, but normally when I play it I try to use nades: they should be more powerful than knife (if you know how to use them). So I believe that this mode should stay as it is now (100HP + Knife and nades pickups).

Maybe it could be possible to give only 1 frag for slash, with the same amount of point, or maybe a lil increased, so many new comers won't say: "let's play knife only" just for get better chance to have some more frags.
And so we would be able to save the PF games! (because if you have played any of those you'll notice that 2frags from a knife kill are really a lot, and easier to get, than 1 frag with pistol). ;)
Thanks given by:
How about this: Until a custom mode can force everyone in the server to only have knives,expect that the other people in the server have other weapons and will use them at any time. Then, when it happens, you won't be so disappointed.
Plus, you'll learn better how to bring a knife to a gun fight.
Thanks given by:
Post are empty. Sir MykeGregory, giving us screenshot and the barrel of shitted bricks. (One question - are u a troll, bro?)

Also u forget about one "little" aspect. It was planned game, then ALL players beeing argged with someone's suggestion.

So.. Imagine the situation: U played with your lovely friends in TOSOK. Someone suggest to play knife only - all agreed and have fun. So playing.... See, some guy (later call him as trololo) enter a game a start shooting to all. Okay. We politely(!) said him that there are knife only game. He did'nt react. We said it to this guy many times - no result. Moreover - he started scream about game rules(!), told about uncorrectliness all we do, and continuing shooting. (Okay, show me set of rules, where told about prohibition using weaepon selectively? U can run into CTF with one pistol and no one noticed, what "u are f*kin noob! U must'nt do it!". Is this analogy clear?). So.. nobody can shoot from knife. Therefore brazen shoots from back is really interferes and annoy. Players are furious. So.. what would everyone did on my place??? (Its rhеtorical question i suppose)

"Knife only in tosok" is a good alternative for LSS without this stupid grenade explosions. And with 1HP. One Slash One Kill. Is it bad??? -_-
Thanks given by:
I'd guess the people that shoots in knife only games are the same people that kills in gemas, anarchist who's part of riots and demenstrations, or atleast wants to be part of them, even though they don't understand the meaning of them. These people have been fed with propaganda about democracy and the human's rights, and they can't accept rules and laws like normal people.

Just feel sorry for them and kick them.
Thanks given by:
A new mode would work, i think.
(T)OSOK - snipe = KO (Knife only)?

(12 Jan 12, 10:42AM)RealViking Wrote: I'd guess the people that shoots in knife only games are the same people that kills in gemas... and they can't accept rules and laws like normal people.

Try not to contradict yourself.
There are no rules saying your allowed (Or dissallowed) to have 'Knife only' (T)OSOK games.

(12 Jan 12, 09:42AM)ilona_nelapsi Wrote: (One question - are u a troll, bro?)
Says the person who inforced a non-existant rule and then kicked my for not obeying? yeah, guess 'I' am the troll. -.-

(12 Jan 12, 09:42AM)ilona_nelapsi Wrote: Also u forget about one "little" aspect. It was planned game, then ALL players beeing argged with someone's suggestion...
Mastermode 1?
Thanks given by:
?
It's a rule made by the people on the server at that moment.
It can be mutual, but if u use ur gun, u'll get a warning and you'll be told this is a knife only game.
Can't be too hard to understand.
Thanks given by: