Post your minecraft pics!
So, a few people here obviously play MineCraft... I seem to have issues with playing it. My computer shuts down often when I'm on Minecraft (Both singleplayer and multiplayer) and I was wondering if anyone would know the issue. Thanks <3
Thanks given by:
... you could try a minecraft forum?
You may get a better answer. But, for the record, what are your system thingies? (OS etc.)
Thanks given by:
On the 1.3 of Minecraft, i (and other) had a lot of craches (from the graphic card on my old PC).
Now i have a new PC and the new MC get out in the same time so i can't say where it was from.
Thanks given by:
never experienced such problems since 1.3 and I dont have great hardware
Thanks given by:
Mmm, specs are;

Processor: Intel Core Duo 2 T8300 2.40ghz
RAM: 4.00 GB
HDD: 229gb

Is that all that's needed? >_> I have the most recent MineCraft ><
Thanks given by:
Sounds like something is overheating, you might want to keep an eye on CPU and GPU temperatures. With that hardware however, it seems rather unlikely (I mean, Minecraft is not that intensive, is it?). Maybe the case is full of dust? :P
Thanks given by:
If you have any pets, I guarantee it is dust on the heat sinks.
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 11, 08:40PM)MykeGregory Wrote: ... you could try a minecraft forum?
You may get a better answer. But, for the record, what are your system thingies? (OS etc.)
There aren't any MineCraft forums. :/
Thanks given by:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/
Open mouth, insert foot.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 11, 02:35AM)Link Wrote: There aren't any MineCraft forums. :/

What about This
Ninja'd
Thanks given by:
Minecraft is a game????

and how is it?
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I gave my laptop a clean out. So far, no issues. Lets hope for the best, hmm?! :D
Thanks given by:
Minecraft need more power than 2 Crysis in the same time.
Thanks given by:
Exoduss is so right!
Minecraft runs less fluid than Stalker, Call of Pripyat on my PC!
It's really bad programmed, also, those so called chunks, need more RAM than any other PC game, that I know.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 11, 04:15PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Minecraft need more power than 2 Crysis in the same time.
LOL. thats what happens...
[Image: explodingcomputer.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Minecraft uses quite a bit of computer resources in multiple departments, graphics especially. My old computer with 128mb dedicated video memory on a duel core processor and 2gb ram, I simply couldn't play Minecraft; it was very laggy and the computer heated up like none other. My latest computer, it plays quite smooth and without the computer getting real hot. I would suggest not playing Minecraft on too old of hardware, otherwise it could very easily overheat as it seems that is the problem here.
Thanks given by:
You would think with the graphics being as basic as they are it would not be too bad. guess i'm wrong.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 11, 06:10PM)MykeGregory Wrote: You would think with the graphics being as basic as they are it would not be too bad. guess i'm wrong.

LOL right. Everything is already pixel like, but hey, were talking high quality minimal pixels here! So yeah, my new computer only has 64mb dedicated video memory (Kinda low :/) but the processor, etc is what makes up in power and I can blow up the biggest shit with hardly any lag at all :D

But yes, old computers = pressing your luck with MC. Thats why you play AC, remember that :3
Thanks given by:
Tata computing!
Thanks given by:
My laptop is only two years old. >_> It's a bit F*cked though.

By the way, problem solved! :D
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 11, 10:54PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: My laptop is only two years old. >_> It's a bit F*cked though.

The power problem comes from Minecraft, not your laptop! ;)
Thanks given by:
Minecraft does not run on intel graphics cards at all. Not even the newest ones! I dont know why this is I imagine theyd be well able to run it but apperently not. I don't know why minecraft is so damn laggy the game is as simple as it gets lol.
Thanks given by:
Nothing to do with the infinite generators and the hundreds of people editing an area? :P
Thanks given by:
Like Dementium said, it's quite badly programmed since the game generates all that terrain chunk by chunk, and it can get quite heavy.
Thanks given by:
Why do people always forget about posting their GPU.. It's always "I have this processor with this much RAM and a hard drive this big." :|
Thanks given by:
Not everyone is very hardware technical, Fate. I didn't have a clue what to give. As for my first thoughts on MC... Well, I made a pretty house on a server in the middle of nowhere.. Resulting in 20 or so people making a village around me. I'd accidently built my house on a cave (Which I found out when changing the floor tiles to a wool block.) I decided to add a trap door in the corner for entry to the cave, but now it looks as if no cave was ever there!
[Image: 2011-12-13_20.50.32.png]

as for my second server, I decided to go creative on the deadmau5 server.
[Image: OhGodItLooksLikeADick....png]
Thanks given by:
malgal123: Forever alone.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 11, 01:39AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Not everyone is very hardware technical, Fate.
Yeah.. I get what you mean. Computers are always marketed by their CPU and the amount of RAM it has.
[rant]
My pet peeve is that people almost always forget about their GPU, and some don't even know what it is. If a game can't run on a computer, the general consumer would immediately think that "Oh, I need more RAM" when in fact, you may just need to either upgrade your GPU or to update your drivers.
[/rant]

Aaaaaanyway, gj on starting a village Snoo. :p
Thanks given by:
░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
[Image: Trollface.jpg]

i'm liking minecraft more and more each day...
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2011_12_15_22_49_00_Copy.png]

[Image: 2011_12_15_22_50_05_Copy.png]
You input your input with the levers in the bottom left, and the press the button on the most bottom-left block. The input then runs through an "and" gate, an "or" gate and an "xor" gate. If a certain gate returns true and the button's signal is also present, the piston system (with the stacks of sand and gravel) pushes a block of sand into the hole in the middle in the relevant spot for that gate.
The left-side pile of blocks inside the hole (second pic) is the output of the xor gate, the centre is the or gate and the right-side is for the and gate.
As an example, the picture above is the result of inputting (with the button pressed between each input) 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 0-0, 1-1.
In conclusion, I built a machine that does a lot of stuff to drop some sand in a hole :P
Thanks given by: