Impersonator(s)
Hey people, I wished to contact you because I spotted an impersonator of me these days, and I didn't found any specific thread to deal with impersonation cases (most of them being for Cheaters), so I started this one.

Like on a Master Server blacklist entry, report here if someone's impersonating you, just for us to be sure that isn't you - or maybe (I said maybe) the AC Developers can do something about it, if they can.

Now for my own:
// Name used: Champion
// Time/Date: Around 07:00 PM UTC -03:00, December 4th, 2011.
// Server: Multiple
// IP (full): 46.2.198.41 - most likely dynamic
// Description: Impersonator, have been impersonating me for some days; do not communicate when talked to, and refuses to change nickname.

Also note that my IP is dynamic, and has a range from 177.x.y.z to 200.x.y.z - so this IP is someone else's IP. I please ask you people, if you see him/her, ask him/her to change nickname, since I am Viktor Champion since I've been born, and *Champion since December 2010.
Thanks given by:
Champion is a common name. His name is not *Champion. He is not impersonating you.
Thanks given by:
There have been nine "Champion"s since August 2010. Would you like me to ban all of them? Or should I ban you too, since one of them was using the name before you?

Seriously? You can't complain about impersonation just because someone is using a similar name to you.
Thanks given by:
I know it, but dude, names are too similar, the guy refuses to change the nickname, what you wanted me to do? Also note some people are confusing me with this guy.
Thanks given by:
You play as |SU7|*Champion. Where's the confusion?
If he starts using your tag, then come back and post a tag abuse blacklist post. Otherwise, you have to do what every other player with a common name does; put up with it.
Thanks given by:
I'll do what you say then. But I seriously don't want people confusing me with this guy, since some people talk to me about clan-related subjects, scripting, programming, or IRC-related questions, since I'm an applicant for the GameSurge Staff - that's why I started this thread, to have no confusion, and my style is: Everything has to be clear as a crystal, to make sure no errors are committed.

We'll see how it goes, if the guy changes his nickname on his own or if he'll come at me asking me to change my nickname, as I won't unless I want.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure having a common English word as a player name is one of those cases where you should expect others to independently choose the same name.
Thanks given by:
Question is, it's my real name - Viktor Champion, I've born with this name.... So it just felt natural to use my real name to play a game. And I already did expected - but in most cases I asked the person to modify or change the nickname to don't have confusion, but the only thing that differentiates me from this guy is a mere star, which is meant to say "this is my real name". In this case, and in my point of view, they're too similar - that's why I came here, else I wouldn't even bother.
Thanks given by:
Get over it.

You shouldn't worry about idiots confusing |SU7|*Champion., with Champion.
Thanks given by:
Yeah .. champion is a really common name and i think its unfair that people cant use the name just cos you're using it ... plus its not EXACTLY the same soo :)
Thanks given by:
With the clan tag and the * infront of your name, everyone knows you now :D

B}Nightmare
|40+|Nightmare.

<3
Thanks given by:
this is why games make you sign up with a nickname so you cant play online with anyone's name. they don't let you use a name that's already in use.
Thanks given by:
That system fails in free games.
Thanks given by:
Fails in open source games.
Fails when using common English nouns.
Fails when using your real name.
The list goes on.
Thanks given by:
Fails when you register as "*Champion" and someone else registers as "Champion".
Thanks given by:
I get what you mean, as I would be pretty pissed off if someone used my name by coincidence.

But with a name like Orynge, there isn't a big chance.
Thanks given by:
I once found a french titi.
Thanks given by:
mmmmmmmmmmm French Titi's
Thanks given by:
/changes nick to Orange.

derp.
Thanks given by:
Well, since no one as done yet, here it goes:

Come on Champion, don't be a Looser man!

:DD Infamous jokes FTW!!!
Thanks given by:
Maybe become Champeon <----looks sexier :D
Thanks given by:
Or champignon.
Thanks given by:
Lolol Champion is my real and AC name, and I won't change it so soon xD
Anyways, leave this guy quiet, but just let he come to me asking me to change my nickname and I'll rage so hard on him... Or if he starts using my tag - then I'll come back here.

But the fact is: I'll do what Jamz said, and leave this guy alone - and come back here if he starts using my tag. I also will not change my name so soon, so no suggestions for new names :P
Thanks given by: