Black box of code after quitting?
I recently dual partitioned my Macbook Pro with Windows 7.

The first time I ran AC, it almost immediately quit and had some sort of a fatal error. I followed some advice and did /resetcfg 1 in the console, and I haven't had the error since.

However, one thing is bugging me: every time I run AC, a little black box of code pops up on the little "dock" at the bottom of the Windows 7 home screen. After quitting AC, I always need to close this little black box of a massive amount of text.

Why does it pop up? Is this something that has to do with Windows? Is there a way to disable it? What is its purpose?
Thanks given by:
Im pretty sure that it is very important....
Thanks given by:
Its the window's equivalent of linux/Mac's "terminal" (in windows lingo it is known as the "command prompt"), when assaultcube.bat is launched it will pop up and act exactly like the console in-game. You'll see all the messages there that you do in-game. By default, this window does not automatically close itself when quitting AC, but you can force it to automatically quit by editing assaultcube.bat with a text editor (notepad will work) and changing:

pause

to

REM pause

Btw, in the next version of AC this will no longer apply. There is no extra window that needs to be manually closed after quitting AC. Which reminds me, how will windows users pipe the console text to a client log if there is no more .bat? I think AC should have some kind of built-in optional client logging feature that works the same across all platforms. :)
Thanks given by:
What? It will be gone in next version? Why? I find that this console is very useful since it keeps informations even if you leave the game, it allows you to double check what happened, come back on some talks aso.

Don't get rid of it please.
Thanks given by:
For the future releases the batch file still exists, and redirecting the output of ac_client.exe to a text file still produces a log of console output.
start bin_win32\ac_client.exe --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 > clientlog.txt
It just doesn't show the output in the command window while it's running.
Maybe have "> clientlog.txt" as default?
Thanks given by:
Oh, I see.

Thank you all for the replies. I was afraid something was wrong.

Cheers!
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 11, 10:19AM)Bukz Wrote: Its the window's equivalent of linux/Mac's "terminal" (in windows lingo it is known as the "command prompt"), when assaultcube.bat is launched it will pop up and act exactly like the console in-game. You'll see all the messages there that you do in-game. By default, this window does not automatically close itself when quitting AC, but you can force it to automatically quit by editing assaultcube.bat with a text editor (notepad will work) and changing:

pause

to

REM pause

Btw, in the next version of AC this will no longer apply. There is no extra window that needs to be manually closed after quitting AC. Which reminds me, how will windows users pipe the console text to a client log if there is no more .bat? I think AC should have some kind of built-in optional client logging feature that works the same across all platforms. :)
Thank you.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 11, 11:48AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: What? It will be gone in next version? Why? I find that this console is very useful since it keeps informations even if you leave the game, it allows you to double check what happened, come back on some talks aso.

Don't get rid of it please.

I love this too. It helps me with a: /connect inter if I am unfamiliar with the connect, i just copy and paste with it. Guess I'll have to figure it out in the next version or I'll be back to ask :(
Thanks given by:
I screwed around with some stuff and the box closes itself now :s

Thanks given by:
I like it.
If I'm waiting for someone to come into an inter I just have the batch file open so I can see all the messages while checking forums and IRC at the same time.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 11, 12:36AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote: I love this too. It helps me with a: /connect inter if I am unfamiliar with the connect, i just copy and paste with it. Guess I'll have to figure it out in the next version or I'll be back to ask :(

[code=CubeScript]
// cconnect -- a way to coordinate server connection information with other players -- by V-Man
// Users store server info by typing "getserver" when they are in the desired server.
// The password can be added to the alias by adding it as an argument to "getserver"
// They can then go to other servers and type "sayserver" to invite other players to that server.
// The script also recognizes "connect" messages and automatically stores them.
// The user can access them by typing "cconnect".
alias connectline []

add2conloop [
if (strcmp (at $conline 1) "connect") [
alias connectline (concat (at $conline 2) (at $conline 3) (at $conline 4))
if (>= (listlen $connectline) 1) [echo (c 2)Connect information has been stored!] []] []]

alias cconnect [
if (strcmp $connectline "") [
echo (c 3)No connect information is stored.
] [
connect (at $connectline 0) (at $connectline 1) (at $connectline 2)]]

alias getserver [
if (strcmp $arg1 "") [
alias connectline (curserver 5)
] [
alias connectline (concat (curserver 5) $arg1)]]
alias sayserver [say connect $connectline]
// getserver (password)
// sayserver
[/code]
Requires tools.cfg.
Works in 1104 and SVN. HTH :D
Thanks given by:
I don't really care for the contents of the "box", I just think command prompt is sexy :)
(I do use Linux a lot too, but mainly Windows).
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 11, 11:07PM)V-Man Wrote:
(24 Nov 11, 12:36AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote: I love this too. It helps me with a: /connect inter if I am unfamiliar with the connect, i just copy and paste with it. Guess I'll have to figure it out in the next version or I'll be back to ask :(

[code=CubeScript]
// cconnect -- a way to coordinate server connection information with other players -- by V-Man
// Users store server info by typing "getserver" when they are in the desired server.
// The password can be added to the alias by adding it as an argument to "getserver"
// They can then go to other servers and type "sayserver" to invite other players to that server.
// The script also recognizes "connect" messages and automatically stores them.
// The user can access them by typing "cconnect".
alias connectline []

add2conloop [
if (strcmp (at $conline 1) "connect") [
alias connectline (concat (at $conline 2) (at $conline 3) (at $conline 4))
if (>= (listlen $connectline) 1) [echo (c 2)Connect information has been stored!] []] []]

alias cconnect [
if (strcmp $connectline "") [
echo (c 3)No connect information is stored.
] [
connect (at $connectline 0) (at $connectline 1) (at $connectline 2)]]

alias getserver [
if (strcmp $arg1 "") [
alias connectline (curserver 5)
] [
alias connectline (concat (curserver 5) $arg1)]]
alias sayserver [say connect $connectline]
// getserver (password)
// sayserver
[/code]
Requires tools.cfg.
Works in 1104 and SVN. HTH :D

NIce I have read this somewhere Time for me to implement it thx :)
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 02:56PM)Kosta Wrote: I don't really care for the contents of the "box", I just think command prompt is sexy :)

makes me feel like a 1337 h4x0r
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4005.html
Thanks given by: