My computer wont let me go into mapmaking
whenever i type in /newmap it says "must be in edit mode".how can i do this? i have pressed e before i typed it but it still doesnt work
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 11, 04:22AM)Zachdragon Wrote: whenever i type in /newmap it says "must be in edit mode".how can i do this? i have pressed e before i typed it but it still doesnt work

Try using the menus by right-clicking.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 11, 04:23AM)|TNT|Dynamite Wrote:
(22 Nov 11, 04:22AM)Zachdragon Wrote: whenever i type in /newmap it says "must be in edit mode".how can i do this? i have pressed e before i typed it but it still doesnt work

it still didnt work

Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 11, 04:25AM)Zachdragon Wrote:

it still didnt work

in the menus, under map operations, there is an option to create a newmap. Also, did you have a number (7-9 usually) after the newmap command?
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 11, 04:28AM)|TNT|Dynamite Wrote:
(22 Nov 11, 04:25AM)Zachdragon Wrote:

it still didnt work

in the menus, under map operations, there is an option to create a newmap. Also, did you have a number (7-9 usually) after the newmap command?
i just did that and it didnt work

[/quote]is there another way to activate edit mode?

Thanks given by:
Ingame, type /edittoggle
That should get you into edit mode. If that works, then type /bind E [edittoggle]

Note that you have to be offline, or in coop for this to work.

HTH
Thanks given by:
First type /edittoggle to enter editing mode, and then do the /newmap command. Use RR's bind to make E work afterwards :)
Thanks given by: