making enemy red
In the sauerbraten game, the enemy team is always red. This makes it always easy for players to tell who the enemy is, while their own team is always blue. Of course, the teams themselves are called something different than red team and blue team, being good and evil instead. I think this would be tremendously beneficial to assaultcube players. As it is, it is not always clear right away which team one is on or who you should be shooting at, depending upon where one starts out or whether the server forces a team change without the player noticing, resulting in a lot of tk's or getting fragged while trying to determine which team you're on while running past the enemy team thinking they're your own lol, which happens much more often than it should. Just throwing this out there for your consideration.

Thanks,
goodside
Thanks given by:
I support this notion. I too noticed this when I made the "switch" from Sauerbraten to Assault Cube.

I mean, you can easily tell by looking in the upper-right corner of your screen, but this would be a nice feature to have.
Thanks given by:
You cal always use the full color jumpsuit or the color vest, it's really not that hard to figure out who is in the enemy team. You even get a no shoot icon when you aim at a teammate.
Thanks given by:
Poor red people :c
Thanks given by:
-1 <3
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 11, 12:50AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: You cal always use the full color jumpsuit or the color vest, it's really not that hard to figure out who is in the enemy team. You even get a no shoot icon when you aim at a teammate.

Wow, didn't know about this. Definitey just made my life easier. :D (the full color suit thing)
Thanks given by:
Yeah they look funny but it works lol
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 11, 12:55AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote: -1 <3 Mean Racist guy, Red should have equal rights!

Thanks given by:
Opinions, Opinions, Opinions.
Thanks given by:
RVSF are blue and CLA red, why is that?

Simply because RVSF are a so called "police force" fighting a rebellious faction called CLA.

It is of worldwide notoriety that each side have these respective representative colo(u)r.

I'd like it to stay like that since you can however design your own custom playerskins.
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 11, 03:15AM)Nightmare Wrote:
(16 Nov 11, 12:55AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote: -1 <3 Mean Racist guy, Red should have equal rights!

+1 <3 V63
Thanks given by:
Just look in the top right corner...
Not difficult, but i understand how it can be missed. E.g Team change while your dead.
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 11, 12:41AM)CaptainAhab Wrote: I support this notion. I too noticed this when I made the "switch" from Sauerbraten to Assault Cube.

I mean, you can easily tell by looking in the upper-right corner of your screen, but this would be a nice feature to have.

Sorry for the Offtopic, what was/is your name in Sauerbraten?
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 11, 06:30PM)M__Stayla Wrote:
(16 Nov 11, 12:41AM)CaptainAhab Wrote: I support this notion. I too noticed this when I made the "switch" from Sauerbraten to Assault Cube.

Sorry for the Offtopic, what was/is your name in Sauerbraten?

I PM'd you.
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 11, 08:20AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote:
(16 Nov 11, 03:15AM)Nightmare Wrote:

+1 <3 V63

terrorist don't have rights

Thanks given by:
Sauerbraten is way into the fantasy world of FPS. AssaultCube is a bit closer to reality. This is another way in which it is closer to reality -- The philosophy of "all-enemies-are-red-no-matter-what-so-just-shoot-anything-that-is-red" doesn't work here. Sometimes you are a red dude!
Thanks given by:
I actually think an option for this may be a good thing. Think about some maps, being red is an obvious disadvantage. Sometimes being blue is, it really depends on the coloring of the map. For an extreme example, look at ac_REDzone, red benefits.
Thanks given by:
cept nobody has the custom textures to exploit it...
Thanks given by:
Nah, I think it's fine ATM.
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 11, 11:30AM)Orynge Wrote: Nah, I think it's fine ATM.
F1

Thanks given by: