My laptop's totally gone?
Well, after getting back from school I turned on my laptop as usually, but this time, even if eveything is alright, the screen remains black. I tried alot of times, and only one of them was successful, but unfortunately it stuck during the Windows loading.... What could it be? Has it done its days?
Thanks given by:
Does the HDD keep moving even though the screen is black?
Can you boot on a live Linux CD?
Does anything change if you close the lid and open it again?
Thanks given by:
What is your OS?

(14 Oct 11, 04:12PM)V-Man Wrote: Does anything change if you close the lid and open it again?
Thats what i would have said though...
You should try googling the problem also.

Thanks given by:
In one of my tries it turned on normally, although it crashed during the loading screen. I can't try a Linux boot right now, but I think it's pointless, since I can't even see the bios screen before the OS loads, and nothing happens with the lid. My OS is Win 7 32 bit though.
Thanks given by:
You can usually access the BIOS screen by holding down a specific button while the computer is booting up and before the OS starts loading. What laptop model is it?
Thanks given by:
It's a Fujitsu Siemens. The screen is totally black from the start, that's the problem.
Thanks given by:
Tech support forums everywhere are indicating that this problem could be caused by one or more of the following:
Overheating - from whatever cause; dust, fan broken, etc.
Damaged video card
Disconnected video card
Damaged screen-shut-switch
Loose RAM
Damaged keyboard

Apparently holding down one of the following three buttons while the computer starts booting should access some boot menu, BIOS, or diagnostic for your model:
ESC
F2
F12
F4?

Whatever the actual problem is, you may want to take your laptop in to a professional to look it over. From the sound of other users with similar problems, the cause is likely a serious one.
Thanks given by:
F1
Thanks given by:
I still can't really make sense from that. Does it really stop, i.e. turn off suddenly, hard drive stops spinning, lights go off etc? You know, the kind of "battery might be loose or damaged" symptoms.

Or does it continue running, but the screen goes/stays black? In that case, the usual suspects are the cable connecting the screen to the base unit (often breaks after so many open-lid-close-lid cycles) and video card (obviously).
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 11, 02:35PM)Andrez Wrote: I tried alot of times...
Sorry...I usually wouldn't bother but (IIRC) you're learning English and doing a dang good job of it. I couldn't let a mistake like this go :P
[Image: ALOT.png]
Thanks given by:
Usually if you stay there and just ask the guy to take a look you can get a preliminary guess as to what the problem may be with little to no charge.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 11, 09:30PM)tempest Wrote: Or does it continue running, but the screen goes/stays black? In that case, the usual suspects are the cable connecting the screen to the base unit (often breaks after so many open-lid-close-lid cycles) and video card (obviously).
This!

(16 Oct 11, 02:22AM)Frogulis Wrote:
(14 Oct 11, 02:35PM)Andrez Wrote: I tried alot of times...
Sorry...I usually wouldn't bother but (IIRC) you're learning English and doing a dang good job of it. I couldn't let a mistake like this go :P
Sorry :D
* Andrez blushes
Thanks given by: