Autoteam
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I'd really appreciate some closure on this one.

Does anyone know if this is going to be fixed? Surely everyone can acknowledge the current system is absolutely bizarre. Winning for a whole game, great teamwork with teammates, and with a minute to go shoved into the losing team because someone left the game.

Will this be fixed in coming releases? It is extremely off-putting and it serves no purpose as technically it doesn't even anything up. It tries to make things TOO even, at the expense players enjoyment.

I don't want this to come across as whingy as such, I really do appreciate all the hard work from the devs. But I figured I might chuck this out there.
Thanks given by:
I've had this same problem. 14 hp, 26 armor, almost an empty AR clip, inches away from scoring in CTF, BOOM switched.

Its also been like you said where everything is just fine, then it switches the teams around and all of a sudden one team is majorly winning and has all of the good players. I think it would be cool if it based the movement off of whos doing best to whos doing worst and moved to actually balance the teams. Maybe don't switch the guys with the flags, eh?

I know in sauer, bots get added. Idk how that would work and I know there was once a fail bot in game once but might be cool. Bot level would adjust according to how good the enemy team is or is not. The switching is very annoying and bots might help, but then again this IS AC...
Thanks given by:
I've never seen autoteam help, ever. It only pops up to screw around with inters/cm's(if you forget to disable it), or ruins pubs. Instead of nice, fun, competitive matches, you just turn into a mercenary, then you get used to fragging blues, switch to their team because AC is mad that you're winning, then you shoot blues and teamkillhax.
Take it out of the game already.
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 11, 01:10PM)Nightmare Wrote: I've never seen autoteam help, ever. It only pops up to screw around with inters/cm's(if you forget to disable it), or ruins pubs. Instead of nice, fun, competitive matches, you just turn into a mercenary, then you get used to fragging blues, switch to their team because AC is mad that you're winning, then you shoot blues and teamkillhax.
Take it out of the game already.

sure, only if shuffleteams is enabled for non-admins in more servers...
democracynow
Thanks given by:
I've always believed that it's better when then server has auto team/shuffleteams disabled, so it doesn't change teams randomly, and so that players can't vote to shuffle teams, and instead do a force team that does help (I'm pretty sure the TyD servers use this system).

It's stupid that just cause one team is doing horrendously, the server must punish everyone by mixing up the teams cause one team can't handle the other. All this shuffling just takes the competitiveness (which is already rarely found in pubs) away from the game since the losing side knows that the teams will be shuffled or they just vote to make a shuffle without having to worry to make a comeback. If a team is losing, then do a force team if it's too ugly, and if not then simply carry on. It would even be good in my opinion if teams automatically shuffled at the end of each game, but I think some work with the system would have to be done beforehand.
Thanks given by:
Wolf ftw. Shuffle at end of each game is also yummy sounding.
Thanks given by:
i like end of game idea. Could a required 2/3 majority be possiblie? only in drastic scenarios would the vote be passed.. ironically noobs dont vote.
Thanks given by:
Sonic, I was talking about an instant shuffle teams at the end of the game done automatically by the server, so no voting would be done.
Thanks given by:
yes, but for servers without that feature, or if that feature isn't implemented, a 2/3 majority option for enabling shuffle voting, as to lessen its frequency of passing.
Thanks given by:
You're right on the money Wolf. However I think that even TyD servers do not use the force method (please correct me if I am wrong)

Also, half the time it's not even if a team is doing horrendously. Even if it's only a few flags in it, it will still try to make things exactly even, and ends up bastardising the entire game.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed - or at LEAST disable on popular servers.
Thanks given by:
I think that, if a shuffle is needed, it is needed only between games or if lots of people leave or connect in the middle of a game.
Thanks given by:
Cactus, the problem there was that the autoteam balanced the flags; not the frags.
Thanks given by:

yes flag balancing is more pointless. frags and ratio display skill more than flags. Ive seen an even-fragged match go to 6/1 because of flag balancing. Several times.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 11, 11:04AM)titiPT Wrote: Cactus, the problem there was that the autoteam balanced the flags; not the frags.

Yeah I picked that up, just hoping it gets fixed soon. :)
Thanks given by:
The problem that everyone is forgetting is that pubs NEED an autoteam feature. Using forceteam is all well and good when you are playing with mature players who are familiar with the game, but in a pub filled with random people it will never work.
The pubs are just there for fun. That is the only reason for them. TyD and other ladder servers are the only exceptions, and autoteam should obviously be disable for them. However, in a pub, there is no reason to play if you are not having fun. If a team is losing, even if its not badly, they won't be having fun, and they will take one of two courses of action to fix that: shuffle the teams until it's in their favor (or have autoteam do it), or they will quit. They will not play harder; if they aren't already playing as hard as they can, they are just there to screw around and won't play any harder.
Yes, autoteam needs improvements (especially not shuffling flag carriers) but it should not be removed.
Thanks given by:
I completely agree with you Lantry, especially about the need for it to be completely disabled on TyD servers. It's not the actual existence of the autoteam system that I have a problem with but the way in which it works. Of course we need an autoteam system, but the way it 'balances' is completely off - it will PREVENT fun in many cases.

I don't think it should be removed, just tweaked. :)
Thanks given by: