AssaultCube Special Edition?
Hi all,
I've not searched the forum properly so forgive me if I'm not posting anything new, but I found this fork of AC while trying to document myself to purpose some features for the game.

I've tested it, and while I still prefer the gameplay of the original AC (as I prefer Quake Live or CoD4 to experience the gameplay proposed by this fork) I found some ideas would be very helpful for the general development of AC for both experienced and casual gamers.

For the casuals, always need by a game to give it a good 'marketing', I'd like to highlight it's perks system (kill streaks, headshots and critical hits, for example), the possibility to run instead of rifle sprint and blood splash. Of course, we'd need the ability to disable this features for the folks that wish to play the 'old school' game appearance.

On the other hand, the experienced folks may like another part of this fork features. IMO, the greatest part of this fork is the weaponry rework as it's very similar to the industry standards. Without entering any debate, spread and recoil system - specially with assault and sniper rifles - is excellent (take for example the recoil of unscoped sniper rifles) and should be seriously considered by devs. Moreover, even if I'm not a lover of weapon additions, some of the new weapons (mostly it's balance and usability) should be considered also for the development of AC (please, don't even count launching knifes xD).

Scouting the project site on CodePlex, there is a source code section where anyone can see what changes have been made to the source code for archiving the changes, hence apply them to the game.

Hope this post will be helpful for AC, and of course, I'll post soon the features I like to see in the future of AC, specially from the server side part of the game.

GGz!
Thanks given by:
This has been discussed over and over.... Just don't consider AC special edition... It's pure shit made by pure shit, so, just act like it doesn't exist.
Thanks given by:
That guy isn't on death row for stealing AC's stuff, yet?
:'(
Thanks given by:
AC Special Edition was made by a baddie.
Thanks given by:
Nevertheless, some of the changes pose an intriguing set of ideas.
Nothing big, mind you, but a few might have made it into the ideas thread instead of the bastardization you've found.
Thanks given by:
funhouse/twin towers in the official maps xD

and...dust2....well he did something right.

In general, it completely changes AC to something else(a world where you can throw knives across douze at Godspeeds)
Too bad he didn't make the project from scratch, and had to copy AC's stuff
Nightmare Edit: V-Man grammar police? xD
Thanks given by:
I've been told by SuaveDude on AC-Spain the 'situation' of the developer of this 'Special Edition'. However I can understand the 'sentiments' of most AC players (and devs, regarding the stealing of contents), those sentiments should be left apart to study deeply some features of this fork.

I mean, for example, if the guy (or guys) behind this special edition find a way to set AC on 1000 FPS with a Pentium 3... wouldn't be nice to include it on the original AC?

GGz!

PS: I hope to make my 'features request thread' soon, but don't worry it will arrive :P
Thanks given by:
AC Special Edition is retarded (No wonder they call it "Special").
The guy who made it is retarded.

End of story. People need to stop bringing it up.
Thanks given by:
Just close or even delete this thread, it only brings that guy more attention.
Thanks given by: