FPS Dropping Problem
Ever since the version 1.1.0.4 came out, I have had enormous problems with my fps. It is a very weird thing. My fps on average is 190-200. Now in basically every location it is 20-50. I will post screenshots of what I mean on the bottom. It's not the area too, I will just be sitting still in one area and my fps is 190 and then it will just drop to 40 without even touching my keys or mouse. Is anyone else having this issue because it is occuring on every map for me now. I am playing on a mac and I have been playing for awhile now and I have never had a problem with it until 1.1.0.4. Please help.

ac_outpost #1 Example:
[Image: nle5ht.jpg]
[Image: 16gj3mu.jpg]

ac_outpost #2 Example:
[Image: 9srx38.jpg]
[Image: 21mhuur.jpg]

ac_desert #3 Example:
[Image: 2dqo5ti.jpg]
[Image: 2dhut7n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
/vsync 0 /maxfps 1000
Thanks given by:
Those are already done. My proof is that my fps is 252 on ac_desert. :) Look at the outpost screenshot. I did not move at all and look at the fps difference in that.
Thanks given by:
Get rid of your bloatware, man. Defrag your hard drive. Clean your registry.
Thanks given by:
yeah i actually get this problem on vista. I'll be standing it'll bee like 150-180 not at a wall then when i move it'll drops to like 40-60 sometimes when its usually in like the 120's
Thanks given by:
Umm I'm not that smart with technoly terms but are you basically saying to delete it from my hard drive and download it? Also, I keep my AC on an external hard drive, could that be the issue?
Thanks given by:
I doubt that is the issue, it would only make load times longer.
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 11, 01:31AM)V-Man Wrote: Get rid of your bloatware, man. Defrag your hard drive. Clean your registry.
Macs usually aren't a victim of fragmentation due to their file system. They don't have a registry like Windows either.
Thanks given by:
I own a mac not windows. I reinstalled AC and it is not better at all. It seems the worst map by far is ac_werk. It used to only be like this on ac_werk but now it happens on every map.
Thanks given by:
Oh, a mac. Maybe that's when spotlight decides it wants to re-index your entire hard drive?
Thanks given by:
If it is, I would be surprised. I dont know what is happening, but I used to have this problem some. Usually in 1v1s (people thought I was being a sore loser). It went away when I went to 1.1 I think though. I dont think it is spotlight. Can you tell us how many other programs are running when you get these fps drops? And if any of them are made by microsoft? Also how many non web&IRC apps are running.
Thanks given by:
If you're on one of those Macs with the two graphics cards, make sure AC isn't using the crappy one. Check the first few lines of text when AC starts up, namely the "renderer: " line.
Thanks given by:
Well I ussually have just safari open but I have always had safari open and I have never had a problem with it before.

Renderer line is, Intel GMA 950 OpenGL Engine (Intel Inc.)
Driver: 1.4 APPLE-1.6.0
Thanks given by:
You can get 250fps with that!?
Thanks given by:
What kind of computer do you have? Processor and size of the screen should work.
Thanks given by:
Ya is that a problem Gibstick? Maybe its that I use 640x480 as my resolution. I'm not sure if you are saying that is high or a low number.

Computor: Macbook
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Startup Disk: 10.6

7 x 11 1/4

Thanks given by:
Ok, so 13 inch.

I'm not quite sure whats up. Just safari shouldn't do it. Unless you have tons of windows going at the same time.

Funny thing, when tempest talked about spotlight indexing your computer, I never remembered it doing that. However, last night when hopping on my computer, it got very laggy. Apparently spotlight decided to index for ~4 hours.
Thanks given by:
Restarting your computer? Sometimes when I play games (usually not AC though) my computer gets pretty laggy and just restarting or waiting a while helps.
Thanks given by: