The U| CLA vs. RVSF Tourney
Just thought I would announce a little tournament that U| will be hosting shortly after the AC World Cup finishes up.
This will be unlike any other AC tournament you have ever played before. All players are encouraged to sign up (when the sign up becomes available, of course). This tournament was primarily designed to be fun and to allow the community to unite more. Although there will certainly be winner(s), that will probably be a fair bit less significant than the actual gaming that goes down.
To give you a small hint of things to come:
1. Only custom maps will be used
2. You will be able to play games at almost anytime, instead of waiting an eternity to schedule games with your opponents.
3. Players who perform well at the beginning of the tourney will be given special roles
4. The tournament will not have a set number of games to be played - it could, in fact, last forever (although that seems fairly unlikely)

If AC 1.1 is released shorty after the ACWC, then this tournament may be delayed slightly.
Thanks given by:
Quote:"Players who perform well at the beginning of the tourney will be given special roles

that sounds cool :D somekind of ACRPG?
Thanks given by:
I wanna be sedated, i mean i wanna be in that tournament :D
Thanks given by:
Quote:4. The tournament will not have a set number of games to be played - it could, in fact, last forever (although that seems fairly unlikely)

So there is no winner? You just play forever until you're fed up of the tournament?
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 10, 10:10AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
Quote:4. The tournament will not have a set number of games to be played - it could, in fact, last forever (although that seems fairly unlikely)

So there is no winner? You just play forever until you're fed up of the tournament?

or until your grandson tells you to let go of the computer xD
Thanks given by:
Hahahaha.This Tournament will surely go to Ripleys Believe it or Not
Thanks given by:
YYEAAAHHH
Thanks given by:
My crappy TOSOK map could be in it :P
Thanks given by:
We can play on Bukz_Concealed_Crypts or KRIZZLY'S FUNHOUSE or even ac_petrolplant!
Thanks given by:
Or we could play on better maps. Like outpost, ore, ezjemville, some apollo maps etc.
Thanks given by:
Lightning, you got the idea :)
As for the "no set number of rounds" - if teams manage to win games back and forth, the tourney could last a while. Think of it like a tennis match.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 10, 02:42PM)Lightning Wrote: Or we could play on better maps. Like outpost, ore, ezjemville, some apollo maps etc.

lol?
Thanks given by:
even syntax and i's ac_heatstroke1 and ac_heatstroke2 could be used :D (that aren't released YET)
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 10, 02:42PM)Lightning Wrote: Or we could play on better maps. Like outpost, ore, ezjemville, some apollo maps etc.

Does outpost count as unofficial? It's official in 1.1.
Thanks given by:
if the tournament is played in 1.0.4 i would say its unofficial ;)
Thanks given by:
Guess so. Can't wait for it :D
Thanks given by:
i am ready to beat you U|Zarj, xD

lol, it will be good, i like tournament :)
Thanks given by:
[Image: islandb.th.jpg]

Just thought I would keep the interest up with a sneak peek of what is coming.
Thanks given by:
If this is some sort of quasi-Risk + AC game, I'm in. Hell yeah.
Thanks given by:
It reminds me of rish or something.
Looking really interesting Zarj :P
Thanks given by:
KH is in!! I WILL ANNIHILATE ALL THOSE WHO CHALLENGE MY AWESOMENESS!!
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 10, 05:42AM)MorganKell Wrote: KH is in!! I WILL ANNIHILATE ALL THOSE WHO CHALLENGE MY AWESOMENESS!!
If you can annihilate slowly and gently, I'll challenge all you got.
Thanks given by:
that'll be great fun :D
Thanks given by:
I'll suggest a good map for the mining region: ac_base :D
Thanks given by:
I'm up fpr this.
Thanks given by:
I am in
Thanks given by:
In my head, I pronounce "Cuberia" like "Cubearrhea." >_<
Thanks given by:
Is there going to be more than one map for each region? And also can anyone join, or do they have to register and get tested in?
Thanks given by:
Anyone and everyone is going to be able to, and is going to be encouraged to register. Full details on the tournament and registration info will be available once the AC World Cup ends.
Thanks given by:
The picture is called Island B... is there going to be another island?
Thanks given by: