Suggestion: Flags on CTF should belong to the team, not to individual members
What the title says. It's super annoying when playing CTF that a player that made 6 flag runs for your team is suddenly forced by the server to the opposing team, or quits the server. It just messes up the whole score. Your side's 4 flag advantage is now a 2 flag deficit.

Total CTF successful flags should belong to the team, not to any specific member. I'd say that individual members should still have the number of flags they made next to their name on the scoreboard, including ones they made for the opposing team, but if he switched sides the flags should still belong to the side he made it under. So individuals still get credit, but switching sides does not bring their flags to the opposing side.
Thanks given by:
I like that idea. On the other hand though, what happens in case of e.g. a shuffle vote? It can easily lead to more than half of all players switching teams. In extreme cases, suddenly one team could have 5 flags with none of the people in it having scored any.
Thanks given by:
Yes, this would be a good addition to public games.

Btw, in the main page it appears "Flags on CTF...". I was like, NO WAY.
Thanks given by:
Yes... flags to the team.
Also, we should remove all individual stats from the scoreboard, except the score.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 11, 03:53PM)Brahma Wrote: Yes... flags to the team.
Also, we should remove all individual stats from the scoreboard, except the score.

yes, hide names cause of fair/unfair teams and teamfixing
delete enemy's weapon to have a surprise when you die
delete 2 points headshots (cause it's easy)
delete grenades (spams)
delete chat (we are here to play not to speak)
delete the scoreboard (to play your best even if you win)

nah seriously when i play on the TyD ladder i play for my team, i don't watch my score exept my flags (and my frags at the end) but i always see some KNOW players who plays ratio or kills.
I know this is very annoying but it's like that, it's same in all video games (crossfire tried a daily mission where you must win games to win some extras but this is an epic fail).
Players are playing it's not a competition, they play for themself.

And if you want teamwork, play clan matchs.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 11, 03:53PM)Brahma Wrote: Also, we should remove all individual stats from the scoreboard, except the score.

Why?
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 11, 04:37PM)titiPT Wrote:
(11 Jul 11, 03:53PM)Brahma Wrote: Also, we should remove all individual stats from the scoreboard, except the score.

Why?
I think he was being facetious
Thanks given by:
kill off autoteam permanently and that won't happen ;)
It never does any good anyways...
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 11, 02:55PM)tempest Wrote: I like that idea. On the other hand though, what happens in case of e.g. a shuffle vote? It can easily lead to more than half of all players switching teams. In extreme cases, suddenly one team could have 5 flags with none of the people in it having scored any.

The current Shuffle system does the same thing. I'd rather see that than a team score messed up plus random players.

In addition, people should use forceteam command instead, much less chaotic imo.

Thanks given by:
I like this idea.

Brahma: Before we would even think about doing that, I would be much more inclined toward your idea if score would be upgraded and made more efficient, cause such things like:

Quote:Player 1: "Cover me!
Player 2: "Yes!"
Player 2 covers Player 1.
FREE POINTZ

Besides, there should be way less factors that affect your score, make it simple by giving points to normal situations like fragging, helping a teammate finishing off a enemy, recovering the flag, defending base, etc. By adding so many of these factors it eventually becomes purposeless. Also adding that if you add more basic and less factors it'll be more simple for us to know and have in mind what things give points and what don't, cause right now I see my score in the end of a game and it doesn't mean anything to me.
Thanks given by:
The player with better ratio will be higher over the player with more flags because i doubt you will implement a memory for each flag. Forceteamed player to opposite team will have 1.no flags (very bad, you can start from the beginning in the middle of match) OR 2. collected opposite flags (your teamrank is false, you didn't helped yet), And noobs will be confused by counts of flags, for example your team will have 1 flag and you will have 2 players with 2 and 3 flags, they will be better than you, even you did that one flag ?

"the player with flags" as one object than "the team with flags" seems me in public matches better. In private matches where teams are lock, it is better ofc.

autoteam is very good feature, it depends more on kinds of checks for autoteams which you don't like, schuffleteam is for the servers which haven't autoteam "on" as default

Thanks given by:
i like the idea of the team keeping the flags when someone is forced to switch a side, also letting that player keep his flag number.
Thanks given by:
Um, I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't pay attention to team stats, I only look at my own. (Sorry if I'm coming off as self-absorbed)
Thanks given by:
Some modes in Cube 2 work like that, I hear that works out nicely. I'd be for it.
(11 Jul 11, 10:01PM)Duckett Wrote: Um, I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't pay attention to team stats, I only look at my own. (Sorry if I'm coming off as self-absorbed)

That must be depressing =x
Thanks given by:
anyway, developing team spirit in pubs is not really possible because of autoteam, rage-quiters and teamkillers. You are left alone with your personal stats.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 11, 10:06PM)Woolly Wrote: Some modes in Cube 2 work like that, I hear that works out nicely. I'd be for it.
(11 Jul 11, 10:01PM)Duckett Wrote: Um, I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't pay attention to team stats, I only look at my own. (Sorry if I'm coming off as self-absorbed)

Actually, it's pretty common. In pubs there isn't that much teamwork, so a players may feel that he's playing for himself, and thus only pay attention to his own stats.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 11, 10:29PM)titiPT Wrote:
(11 Jul 11, 10:06PM)Woolly Wrote: Some modes in Cube 2 work like that, I hear that works out nicely. I'd be for it.

Actually, it's pretty common. In pubs there isn't that much teamwork, so a players may feel that he's playing for himself, and thus only pay attention to his own stats.

You missed the joke completely.
Thanks given by:
cm are so differents...
Thanks given by:
I dunno about flags, but if I ask a teammate to cover me -- and they do, I think that's sufficiently rare and laudable to deserve points.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 11, 02:19AM)V-Man Wrote: I dunno about flags, but if I ask a teammate to cover me -- and they do, I think that's sufficiently rare and laudable to deserve points.
In pubs you mean?
Thanks given by:
I brought this up before with Bukz, however I think that there should be a icon showing which team is in the lead on the hud. Total team flagcount/fragcount, whichever wins the mode being shown up there as well.

This would get much the same effect I think.
Thanks given by:
F1 :D
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 11, 02:35AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: In pubs you mean?
Yes, pubs. But the effort it takes to use that method to get points in a clan match (and not lose a flag or frag) makes it a worthwhile way of measuring that aspect of cooperation.

It seems like what everyone is trying to say is that they want different scoring methods for pubs or clan matches?
Thanks given by:
I play for ratio in every game.
Thanks given by:
The whole scoring needs an overhaul.

Any point, frag, flag cap or otherwise should go toward the team's score, this would mean when someone leaves the server, their contribution to the team is not lost.

However, each player should have their stats on the scoreboard, so they would still see their flag caps, frags and other points next to their name - but the team keeps the score if the player goes anywhere.

With this, we could introduce TDM games with frag limits, TOSOK games keep track of frag scores in an accurate manner - not having a player leaving the server and the whole team's score changing, or the aforementioned scenario where a flag scorer changes teams and impacts on the team's score.

Perhaps nobody cares about their contribution to the team because there is no real way of telling how your team is going, just how each player in your team is going collectively.
That being said, if there were team scores - there would be much more teamwork in pubs because there is a sense your whole team is actually a team, not just a free for all with people you get a penalty for killing.
Thanks given by:
Admin-Edit: removed totally spam-y quoting of entire post above. Don't do it, please.
Lol. Like a public match mode. :/
Thanks given by:
I think there should be an added column, the added column being player flags. Have the normal TEAM flags which will keep the total flags made on that team and have the PLAYER flags be a total of flags that player has captured. ( having the player flags column next to the player would be better than next to the TEAM flags, be less confusing for some )

Note: the Player flags would not have a total at the top like the Team flags would, as the player flags are for that player and shouldnt be counted withthe other player flags.
Thanks given by:
Team Frags / Flags posted more visible(bigger or raised or bold), and permanent for a sense of team accomplishment - Awesome!
Frag / Flag / Score limit games - Awesome!

I recommend using a different word for individual flags for less confusion. Probably a Verb or Adverb, since that is the action itself, while team "FLAGS" is a noun, as it is a stable 'object'...
"Goals" - 2 (you made it to the goal twice) (or just abbrev. flags to FLs or flgs? or make the team flags obviously diff. like CLA FLAGS all caps)

i really like this. f1 f1. Points for distance you carry the flag, if you drop it and a teammate scores after the last 30 cubes :D . Health/ammo penalty for TKing (would be funny to have less or no ammo after TKing). (random) Player piercing sniper rounds :D kill streaks ! More points for killing the enemy team's top player.

I have no idea how you'd make defending a player count points. Proximity sensors for the player with the flag + bonus points for all teammates who deal out damage within the radius and/or to enemies who are within the radius?

more ways to encourage team cooperation! f1
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 11, 04:37PM)titiPT Wrote:

Why?

i can taste a bit of sarcasm in Brahma's sentence.
Thanks given by: