To all AKIMBO users...
[Image: image6fr2.jpg]

All AKIMBO users please read this carefully...

From quite some time now people have been uploading their stuff straight onto the AKIMBO Vault... This is a very bad move and we will here explain why.

The AKIMBO Vault is merely a place where all material is stored and although it is handy for downloads (147,239 of them since it's creation) we strongly suggest using the AKIMBO Forum to show off your new creations to the community.

By doing so as soon as you've upload your map, mod or whatever it will show up on the main page here, it also is where you are going to get comments and feedbacks from.
Furthermore our search engine only browses the Forum and not the Vault thus if you don't want your material drowned within the mass of files stored and go unnoticed please read our New Simplified Guide on how to use AKIMBO in an efficient way.

One last thing, Generals and Captains (admins and mods) would greatly appreciate that Soldiers comply to very basic packaging rules as it will give us more time to test out incoming new material, comment on them and reply to requests rather than spending it fixing packagings and oversized screenshots, zipping .rar files and so on...

Thank you very much,
The AKIMBO Team
For any query join us on AKIMBO's irc

PS: Translations of the Basic and Packaging Rules will soon be available in different languages, needless to mention that any kind of help on this matter will be welcomed.
RePS: By the time I wrote this post downloads went up to 147,254 XD
Thanks given by:
Do you need someone for the german translation? Or has it already been done?

Dementium4ever
Thanks given by:
Good job Cleaner :)
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 11, 01:50PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Do you need someone for the german translation? Or has it already been done?
Dementium4ever
It hasn't and we'd be glad if you could sort that one out for us mate.
Thanks in advance ;)

EDIT: So far we have then

German by Dementium4ever
Italian by Andrez|ACDC
French by DES|Cleaner
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, that's a honor for me :D
I'll send it to you tommorow...Aer, do you need any other translations?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 11, 08:38PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Oh yeah, that's a honor for me :D
I'll send it to you tommorow...Aer, do you need any other translations?
We will do with these for a start and if more comes they will be added.

Thanks given by:
With the translation do you mean this whole page or only the "Packaging Rules"?

I'd be happy to help with the Spanish translation if needed.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 11, 11:04PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: With the translation do you mean this whole page or only the "Packaging Rules"?

I'd be happy to help with the Spanish translation if needed.
Yes Wolf it indeed means this whole page, glad to see all you folks coming forward to help... Maybe one day we'll even have it in Burmese or Swahili :D

Thanks given by:
Finally seeing this post. :)

I'll help expand these guidelines for packaging onto the wiki. I'll try to expand this page to include all general package info if it turns out there is no other page containing that data.
Thanks given by:
Ok, german translation.....done :)
Can I send it in a .odt file to you cleaner?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 11, 01:09PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Ok, german translation.....done :)
Can I send it in a .odt file to you cleaner?
Yep no worries, thanks a lot.

Thanks given by:
You got a PM :D
Thanks given by:
Translation in Spanish sent, Cleaner.
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much guys... That makes now:

German by Dementium4ever
Italian by Andrez|ACDC
French by DES|Cleaner
Spanish by |BC|Wolf
Thanks given by:
So, what do you need else? I know someone who could do a poturtugese translation..
But I've to ask him first. Interested ? :D
Thanks given by:
I guess Portuguese would be the least concern, with all the Brazilians here (although some might not call that "real" Portuguese :D)
Thanks given by:
Yeah! I intended to say something about Portuguese in my previous post but then it skipped my mind for some reason...
Thanks given by:
About half the players in AC speak Portuguese so it would be really helpful to have a translation...
Thanks given by:
I can translate it in to RR speak. I can also attempt french, but I'm sure the current french is over my head XD
Thanks given by:
@Cleaner:
Should I re-upload my stuff in the Akimbo forum? Or should I just leave them alone and fix my evil ways for the future?
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 11, 10:52PM)V-Man Wrote: @Cleaner:Should I re-upload my stuff in the Akimbo forum? Or should I just leave them alone and fix my evil ways for the future?
Well, it's really down to you mate, you actually are the only one who offered to do so and I appreciate that move.
I think it would be a good idea and here is a hint on how make it way easier for you...
You do not need to re-upload it at all, on the vault's main page click on your tag V-Man or DES|V-Man and a list of all what you've uploaded in the vault will show up... (21 files)
On each file simply use the edit feature and copy/paste the screenshots and file location links onto the related post you've newly created on the forum, simple as that.
I guess there is no need to do it for stuff that aren't compatible with the new version of the game.

Hope to see plenty more of your brilliant work mate :D

Stats: There has been a total of 148,985 downloads
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2wei80x.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I noticed, excellent!

btw, I've added a link to tools.cfg to posts requiring it :D

Stats: There has been a total of 149,198 downloads
Thanks given by:
Aer, why did you upload it again?

PS: Hey Cleaner, is this guy in your Avatar from S.T.A.L.K.E.R, or from Metro? :D (I just love Stalker, so I'd say this guy looks a bit more from Metro)
Thanks given by:
OMG V-Man spammed akimbo!!! :p

BTW: i started to translate the mr.floppy's guide (ages ago) but i think i'll need some helps cause it's very long lol
Thanks given by:
@ExodusS: What's your native language? I could help you :D
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 11, 05:45PM).ExodusS* Wrote: OMG V-Man spammed akimbo!!! :p

He asked for it. XD
Thanks given by:
Nah don't try :p

(french)
Thanks given by:
@ Dementium4ever, none of those, it's an original artwork and btw V-Man material has not been re-uploaded it has simply been added onto the forum for the reasons mentioned in the first post.

@ .ExosusS*, je peux m'en occuper, dis-moi quelle parties il reste à faire.

Stats: There has been a total of 149,354 downloads
Thanks given by:
Mon francaise est tres tres mauvaise, alors...
Mais je comprends que cleaner a dit :D

But, B2T:
@Cleaner: Naah, I didn't knew this, sorry.

And, um, when the translations are finished, will there be a "choose your language" page, or is Akimbo.in dedecting the language automatically throug the IP-Adress?
Thanks given by: