[Mode] Zombies! v3.1
Zombies! A new single player mode scripted by X-Ray_Dog.

Preview of v3.1:
[Image: 2dsr2ht.jpg]

You have been abducted by aliens in belief that you are the stronger alphamale. The aliens have dropped you off in a realistic playing environment and wish to see how long you could stand off their failed experiments, which have turned into zombies solely focused on killing you. It is your job to fend off the zombies without dieing. If you survive all of their tedious rounds, they will release you back into freedom. Its a fight for survival, are you the alphamale?

Download v3.1 from Akimbo

Please give me feedback!

Full game mode descriptions are in the readme.

To be continually updated. Created and tested in v1.1.0.4, works in SVN as well.

Updates

v3.1 updates include:
~Fixed a glitch where playing a previous bot game could ruin a zombie game
~Fixed the on start spamming in the console
~Added a check for a connection to a server
~Removed the showing of the menu on game quit

v3.0 updates include:
~Full stats page for each game mode including frags and levels with a reset and total amount of kills and levels completed
~Built in timer gives you a live remaining round time as 0:40, 0:20 and claim your last kill at 0:05 remaining
~Settings page
~Displays how many zombies you have killed so far at each round end
~View your stats without stopping the game
~Quick change your sensitivity without ending the game
~Clears all but statistical and setting related aliases on quit
~Restores your binds to whatever you had last (still blanks them during play)

Settings page including:
~Showing extra instructions window
~Control whether you see the remaining time or not
~Define your set amount of levels
~Display raw number values live in the form of spam
~Stop the recording of live statistics
Thanks given by:
sounds cool
Thanks given by:
Awesome!
i love how there is a backstory to this gamemode. Creative.
This should be in 1.1.0.5 1.1.1 update. lol
Thanks given by:
:) I will try it
Thanks given by:
Sounds good.
One thing though...if it removes your binds, would it be possible to have it make a copy of your saved.cfg and autoexec.cfg files?
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 11, 01:35PM)Frogulis Wrote: Sounds good.
One thing though...if it removes your binds, would it be possible to have it make a copy of your saved.cfg and autoexec.cfg files?

It only affects a few of your ac key binds, not all of them. Read the readme for the list of keys that get changed. It later restores the affected binds to their default. Basically it only affects your command input keys such as /. I will look into different ways to change them so it saves any modifications you may have on them.

Thanks given by:
Sounds fun. Can't wait to play it :D
Thanks given by:
Akimbo was giving me problems.... yeah

Well it will be on there shortly with a new game mode!

The first post will be updated when this happens.
Thanks given by:
menuiten "If you die, the game ends." -1

Only one problem so far, but I haven't even started playing.

LOL. I get to round 22 and Aristotles spawns behind me and kills me with his SMG.
Thanks given by:
It's already been done in the AC SVN. Already in the next version.
Thanks given by:
New game mode has been introduced in my already updated zombies version!

Refer to the first post to get the latest version!

Team survival has been added to Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch. Its just like Team Deathmatch, but this time, if your teammates die, then the game ends. Read the Readme!

@Orynge: What exactly?
Thanks given by:
Quadropolis
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 11, 06:18PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: @Orynge: What exactly?

I'm saying that "Bot Survival" is going to be in the next version of AC. :P
Thanks given by:
This is great stuff X-Ray_Dog, very refreshing to see a cubescript newcomer coming out with something so big! :D

Keep on practicing and I expect to see future versions of this baby < 300 lines easily! :)
Thanks given by:
Good call. Many of your script's actions can be consolidated as subroutines taking an argument. I bet this could be condensed into 70 lines or less. :D A good exercise for the brain's efficiency centers!
Thanks given by:
I don't get the thing with the zombie pets. If they die you die?? Then what are you to do?
Thanks given by:
Very cool. Well done!
(Funny story, at first I thought the "zombies" would have only knives, and then one shot at me! That was a surprise).
Thanks given by:
Ok i played it and it was cool :D if you had player skins and different not names eg experiment /zombie #1 and maps that were zombie themed then it would be awesome. I think i saw some of those things somewhere
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 11, 12:51AM)V-Man Wrote: Good call. Many of your script's actions can be consolidated as subroutines taking an argument. I bet this could be condensed into 70 lines or less. :D A good exercise for the brain's efficiency centers!

Er-herm, centres*
Thanks given by:
Both are correct, Hunstman. Just a matter of where you live.
Thanks given by:
and which language you speak. English, Australian English, New Zealand English, Canadian English, American...(see what I did there?;););) )
BACK ONTO TEH TOPICZ
Thanks given by:
Found it: http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=528
And the other zombie mod from sourceforge: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6052365/ZombieAC.zip
I got you covered :D
Thanks given by:
You don't think I abandoned this did you? lol. A few updates: I tried to incorporate a_slow_old_man's zombiemod into my script but failed. His mod still works but not the way I expected. I have been rather busy lately so I hope to get back to rewriting the script better and to get/use zombie textures to make a more realistic game. Just like his mod, the zombies are based off of the pre-existing bot mods. So for the future, I am looking to make it a smaller file with hopefully new mods (Black Ops zombie music lol). Jk on that last part, that would be copyright infringement. Anyways, still looking for new ideas so please post them. I love to eat trolls. I don't plan on any immediate release of anything special because of my schedule but anything is possible. My first post still has the most current version available for download. Thanks for the support guys!
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 11, 08:18AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: You don't think I abandoned this did you? lol. A few updates: I tried to incorporate a_slow_old_man's zombiemod into my script but failed. His mod still works but not the way I expected. I have been rather busy lately so I hope to get back to rewriting the script better and to get/use zombie textures to make a more realistic game. Just like his mod, the zombies are based off of the pre-existing bot mods. So for the future, I am looking to make it a smaller file with hopefully new mods (Black Ops zombie music lol). Jk on that last part, that would be copyright infringement. Anyways, still looking for new ideas so please post them. I love to eat trolls. I don't plan on any immediate release of anything special because of my schedule but anything is possible. My first post still has the most current version available for download. Thanks for the support guys!

You missed a month by one day. Oh well. Sounds great!
Thanks given by:
v2.0 is now out! Whats new includes:

~Much shorter script (about 1/6 the original size!)
~Set bot game levels and play time
~30 default rounds which can be changed to any number of your liking!
~Now comes with Zombie skins ready for you to install.
~Much easier to modify the script
~On ESC now verifies if you want to quit
~When you lose a round, it now tells you which round you made it too.
~Misc bug fixes and updates

Download it from Akimbo!
Thanks given by:
Did you use the skins i gave you :-D
Thanks given by:
This is awesome!!! Nice job :D
Thanks given by:
v2.1 is out, Please check the first post :)

Download: http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=1018
Thanks given by:
So sexy. I'll take 5.
Thanks given by:
Luvin it ;)
Thanks given by: