AC ports
I'm still trying to learn java (first programming lang!), so, in the meantime, I'd really like to see people make some AC ports. 3|)][7:
Woops, I put it offtopic. I guess this could go in general.
Thanks given by:
high skill games are suited only for mouse and keyboard, ports have no purpose for a game like this.

no flame please
Thanks given by:
Assault Cube 3D for Nintendo 3DS!!! $40.00

Thanks given by:
will there be a port for my NES????
Thanks given by:
Or my SNES?
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 11, 01:11AM)Foo Wrote: ports have no purpose for a game like this.

I agree with Foo about this-- it sounds like it'd be pretty neat to port AssaultCube over to Xbox 360/PS3/Wii/3DS/PSP/my toaster, but between the logistics (creating a stable, reliable masterserver, et al.), the controls (cue debate on keyboard + mouse vs. controller), and the sheer time investment for each individual port targeted at each individual architecture... it's not that practical. Besides, AssaultCube is built around being a PC shooter, and it's already cross-platform across Windows, Mac, and *nix boxes.

Tl;dr: I will never play AssaultCube without mah mouse and keyboard :P
Thanks given by:
Tell that to all the CoD masters out there, Foo and Bar. Can we get it packaged? And this tread moved? Portassaultcube would be the only one needing a separate masterserver, anyway.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 11, 10:28PM)hamolton Wrote: First, a one that's not a port. We really need to package AC. This would give us some "marketing", and some people just like packages. We could ask The Debian Games Packaging Team, Although They say they can't do cube because of, well, you can see.. As an alternative, we could Package it ourselves.
At least a debian/ubuntu package already exists, and its most notable feature is that it's usually outdated.

(02 Jun 11, 10:28PM)hamolton Wrote: XNA for Xbox 360
OpenGL on a microsoft console? I lol'd.

I really don't get why people want everything on consoles. It usually just destroys the game. Read what CoD1 players have to say about MW or BF2 players about Bad Company, that'll teach you.

[/flame]

Thanks given by:
you never defined where the flame started :P
Teh package is on 1.0.4.
^^^^^^^^^NNNNNEEEEEDDDDSSS TTOOOO B UPDATED!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^
^So mature
Thanks given by:
Most of the consoles you mentioned isn´t even being able to support opengl 2.0

half of the guys who replied here are programming, so they really know how much effort it is to develop a game such this one (and porting is even harder ...)
Thanks given by:
Porting the whole engine over is like....

William Shakespeare Wrote:Whilt though lift up Olympus?
Thanks given by:
ooo can u mak me a potr for mai TI-89?
Thanks given by:
Aw wellz. cube is on iPwn, that's a start, amirite? PS3 has some variant of OpenGL|ES, and Wii, I dunno. Sigh.
Thanks given by:
Custom keybinds and scripts will be more or less lost in any port of this game, unless extensive workarounds are made to allow for it. It's what convinced me to give up my dream of porting AC to PSP. :(
Thanks given by: