server issue (i do know how to port foward or at least i think im doing it right
ok so i have been spending 2 days straight working on my server i turned off my firewall because someone said to do that but it still will not work. if it helps i have a dlink dir 655 router
images no longer needed
thanks whoever can help! :D
Thanks given by:
The first screenshot looks good. Remember those ports.

Then, it's smarter setting up the server via configuration; click on server.bat instead of server_autoconfigured.bat in you Ac folder, and then edit the servercmdline.txt to match your
Prerequisites (don't forget to use the correct switch to point the server port to the one you forwarded).

Troubleshoot: Check that your PC ip is same as the one forwarded to.
Forward 1 port only and point the switch in the swervercmdline.txt to it (Ac creates port+1 for info).
if you don't turn your firewall on, you will be hacked in a matter of minutes!
Thanks given by:
(23 May 11, 08:49PM)SiL3nT Wrote: The first screenshot looks good. Remember those ports.

Then, it's smarter setting up the server via configuration; click on server.bat instead of server_autoconfigured.bat in you Ac folder, and then edit the servercmdline.txt to match your
Prerequisites (don't forget to use the correct switch to point the server port to the one you forwarded).

Troubleshoot: Check that your PC ip is same as the one forwarded to.
Forward 1 port only and point the switch in the swervercmdline.txt to it (Ac creates port+1 for info).
if you don't turn your firewall on, you will be hacked in a matter of minutes!
thanks for the firewall suggestion! :) but is the server.bat the thing next to server wizard if yes how do i do it like im in the servercmdline.txt but i dont understand what to change or where?
Thanks given by:
Turn your firewall back on.
Thanks given by:
i did thank you!
Thanks given by:
haha, I missed that part. XD
Move along, don't worry about me.
Thanks given by:
i changed soemthing in the cmd line but it will not let me save it
Thanks given by:
What's your OS? Make sure you have read/write permission.
Thanks given by:
windows vista and i know i do o.o
it says im not admin but i am :/
ok i got it but when i joined my server it says i cant disconnect meaning no one can join it why??
i got it to work guys!! but i dont get how to change the description
Thanks given by:
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandli...rverswitch
Description/name for server, use -n
Thanks given by:
ok ig ot everything but an issue when i try to send maps to my server (even as admin) it says it cant upload it anyone help?
LAST question! lol disregard my question above!!!
how do i do a map rotation i tried everything and still cant get it
Thanks given by:
1) Go to your config folder in the AC directory.

2) Find maprot.cfg

3) Using the format provided in that .cfg file create your very own maprot.

If I can be bothered I'll try to create a tutorial of some helpful server administration thingys.

EDIT: One thing i really like about you is that you didn't make a thread for each individual question. Thats efficiency there. :D
Thanks given by: