[Beta] New Playermodels
Hey guys,

The beta stage of the playermodels I'm working on is finaly finshed.

[Image: previewgu.jpg]

You can download it here.

There are still some flaws, like the feet are in the ground sometimes and some seams are visible.

If you see some bugs or something, please post it here.

Feedback I always apreciated :)

To-do so far:
- Red/blue Bandanas at the arms
- Improve the animation (no more feet in the ground)
Thanks given by:
THIS IS SO SEXY.
Thanks given by:
one bug , you can't gib these models:)
Thanks given by:
Looks too "skinny" to me.
Thanks given by:
Good work, quite a modding accomplishment to make a functional player model.
Thanks given by:
Site does not work for me
Thanks given by:
There is a little green arrow with "Download" next to it. I have a adblocker, so I'm not that pissed of this site ^^
Thanks given by:
I like how you can see real faces instead of just gas masks all the time.
Also, I'm not sure exactly how this works, but is it possible to put the bandannas so that they will only be there if you have colored vests enabled? just an idea, i don't know if/how it will work.

EDIT: now I have to get your USMC hand skins too :)
Thanks given by:
"Good job, team!"
<3
Thanks given by:
i like the models, one suggestion > add helm in soldiers, and maybe some accessories(textures), like elbow pads, bags for storing cartridges... more detais, but, good work : )
Thanks given by:
Well... if .png skins would be possible I could give just some of them a helmet and not each :/

Elbow pads and a backpack could be possible :)
Thanks given by:
What I find pretty amazing is how you stretched and squished the skin around on those waist-packs to fit the stretching of the uv-map.
I have never seen anyone do this. You should uv your faces so they are even in pixel density and as un-stretched as possible, wich in this case would mean to have some seams at least (wich occur on the object in reality anyways, so no biggie for skinning). The way you did it makes no sense, only makes skinning harder - also, you are distributing the most space to the least visible faces (on the back of these packs).

Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 02:40PM)makkE Wrote: pretty amazing

+10 for irony

But yes, I really messed it up with the packs.
Thanks given by:
Amazing work!!!

I am not an expert, but I think it is a high quality work.
It would be interesting to check the effect of mixing the models (using yours and the officials).
Thanks given by:
BTW,
Use mdltrans 0 8 27
(for both model and vweaps)

The last value is the height, so feet won't sink in anymore.

It will also center it inside the hitbox (x and y values), though I am not sure if it still works that way in 1.1.4 and svn. Brahma? (I used a client that still had dbghbox, 1100 I think) - no idea if these are still valid.
Thanks given by:
Will this only be playable in modes that aren't team based? Or are they decipherable already? I ask because it looks great and I wanna use it! :)
Thanks given by:
I tried to make them different so you can use them in teammodes.
Maybe it's just because I made them, but I can differ them ._.
Thanks given by:
Great as always, a_slow_old_man! Loving the CLA skins!

[offtopic] What MD3 exporter do you use? The one I have doesn't seem to work [/offtopic]
Thanks given by:
I use the Blender 2.43 md3 exporter :)

But I think everything is alright with your blender, there are a lot of things you can mess up ^^
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 10:57AM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: I tried to make them different so you can use them in teammodes.
Maybe it's just because I made them, but I can differ them ._.

That's probably it. I tried to play with them, and in the heat of battle I couldn't tell them apart fast enough (especially at distance). I think bandannas on the arm might not be enough either, but I'm not sure what else can be added while still keeping their realism.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 04:43PM)Brahma Wrote: Amazing work!!!

I am not an expert, but I think it is a high quality work.
It would be interesting to check the effect of mixing the models (using yours and the officials).

DO EEEEETT
Thanks given by:
Man, i love those heads. Love the clothing too, but their arms are too skinny :( nothing else
Thanks given by:
I like that your upload site is in German, Mods für den Sieg :D
Thanks given by:
(Lachen aus laut)
Thanks given by:
lachend auf dem boden roll
Thanks given by:
eine_langsame_alte_mann
Thanks given by:
*ein_langsamer_alter_mann ;)
Thanks given by:
ja ja mein Deutsch ist nicht die beste :)
Thanks given by:
pff, who needs genders on anything but nouns?
Thanks given by:
schöne arbeit von der art und weise
Thanks given by: