Scripting Questions
I just looked at the scripting thread, and I am impressed to say the least. It look like it'd be alot of fun to make all of those, but I have no idea where to start.

Soooo, can someone tell me
What language is used?
Where to put them when you make/get them? (in the autoexec?)
Where can I learn the language? (don't answer if it's c++ or something well known)

I've done some small menu editing and stuff, but I have no idea where to start with actually writing scripts. . .

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else. . .
Thanks given by:
It uses a special scripting language specific to cube engine games called "CubeScript". The original game "cube 1" had the first implementation of it AFAIK. It was quite basic back then but has had many advancements throughout the years.

Here are some good links to check out if you're a beginner trying to figure out wth is going on with all that mumbo jumbo :P

AssaultCube Reference (list of cubescript commands)
AssaultCube CubeScript Tutorial
CubeScript @ AC Wiki
AC CubeScript Documentation

Read through that and start playing around with your first basic scripts! :D
Thanks given by:
Thankies much mate :D
Thanks given by:
I am very disappointed in you Bukz. You can ask real time in IRC: #cubescript @gamesurge.net
You can connect here if you so wish.
We will be happy to help :)
Thanks given by:
I think Cube 1 didn't even have semicolons in CubeScript, because I've seen code that looked like
bind E [(&& (edittoggle) (fullbright))]
Thanks given by:
Which is bad code, because there is no closing )...
Just sayin.
Thanks given by:
):::
Thanks given by:
Semicolons are more or less a (sometimes redundant) way to explicitly state that you are bringing the current command to a close.
If a command has all its arguments filled (or completely encapsulated in square brackets or parentheses), it doesn't need a semicolon.
A hard return functions nearly the same way as a semicolon, except that it is not treated as an actual character.
Just sayin.
Thanks given by: