Map Making Help
Hey, I've been trying to make maps for quite some time now. But I've run into some problems. So I'll list them here and see if anyone can help.

My maps always come up with the Map's not made for multiplayer mode or whatever. Even If I load a completely empty map. Any help?

The wall textures that come down from the ceiling won't change.

The skymap won't stay the same. It always changes back to the sunny canyon one or whatever is default. When I want it to be Grave. But when I load the map, it changes back.

Those are my questions, hope someone can help me.

Also, please don't post use there search button, or read the docs!
I've done both of them and got nothing.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 11, 04:00PM)Mikey Wrote: Hey, I've been trying to make maps for quite some time now. But I've run into some problems. So I'll list them here and see if anyone can help.

My maps always come up with the Map's not made for multiplayer mode or whatever. Even If I load a completely empty map. Any help?

The wall textures that come down from the ceiling won't change.

The skymap won't stay the same. It always changes back to the sunny canyon one or whatever is default. When I want it to be Grave. But when I load the map, it changes back.

Those are my questions, hope someone can help me.

Also, please don't post use there search button, or read the docs!
I've done both of them and got nothing.

Thanks in advance.

1. Read about the map quality requisites for 1.1+.
2. Select the upper wall cubes that you want to manipulate the textures on, hold X, look upwards, scroll the mouse wheel.
3. You have to change the skymap in your map's .cfg. If your map does not have a .cfg yet, copy and paste "/config/default_map_settings.cfg" somewhere, and rename it to the name of your map and place this file along with your map in /packages/maps. Edit the .cfg file and uncomment the skymap that you want to use. (e.g. you're looking for the lines with "loadsky" and whichever one you want to use; remove the prefixed double backslashes ("//") from that line, save, start AC and reload your map. The skymap you chose should now be permanent. Theres also bits about this in your map editing docs, see the /docs/ folder.

"Also, please don't post use there search button, or read the docs!"

You would've figured out all the answers to your questions if you had searched the forums/thoroughly read the map editing docs! D:
Thanks given by:
Which search button did you use? There are two that function differently.
Thanks given by:
Sorry about that. . .I was in a really bad mood this morning.

Thank you so much for the help :)

I used the search button in the top right corner
Thanks given by:
Oh! Okay.
Then...
Which search button in the top-right corner?
[Image: 2searches.bmp]
Thanks given by:
o.O whoops. . .The top one. . .

Got a new question. I've followed all of the specifications, but still my maps won't run in multiplayer. Could someone take a look at this map and see what i've done wrong? I'd really like to make maps, but so far, only one has worked. . .
http://www.mediafire.com/?3t44lmzxhz8ub9m
Thanks given by:
For starters, change all of your walls to solid by selecting them and hitting F. Not having much solid in your map makes it an issue.

Here are some pertinent threads brought up by the search:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1298-post...l#pid20517
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2032.html
Thanks given by:
thanks much mate. I'll look into it :)
Thanks given by:
I want to kik someone but there is no field with the text kik player... all the other players can kik someone but i can't why can't i kik someone ? please help
Thanks given by:
How do you play a custom map with bots? :)
can't find that with the search button.
Thanks given by:
Nightmare, just load the map in a bot mode. Like /btdm and such.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 11, 02:29AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Nightmare, just load the map in a bot mode. Like /btdm and such.

<3 thanks. (though after putting in the bot TDM stuff I ended up getting a normal bot DM...)
Thanks given by:
alias btdm [mode 7; map $arg1]
Thanks given by:
ArraParry Wrote:Hey how do you do that thing where it says:

V-Man Wrote and then his quote how do i do this. also how do i start my own server and make a map i have looked on the other assaultcube sites and think my comp may be to old to make a server but when i try to make a map i press "e" to map edit and it doesn't do anything any tips?

Hit the quote this post button on the bottom right of the post you want to quote.

or type [quote=(Person being quoted's username)]Copy other person's quote here [/quote*]
(without the *)
I have no idea what the rest of the message says.
Thanks given by: