How to set /fog 1024 for all maps?
I hate fog. It is annoying to type /fog 1024 on every map. Is there a way to disable it globally?

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Go in-game and type

/addOnLoadAlways [fog 1024]
Thanks given by:
type it once and enter, when you go to a new map push t and up on the arrow keys and it goes though your history of types stuff, I find it easy. it work for every thing

nvm Gibstick beat me to the punch
Thanks given by:
Why have i only just found out about this?
* MykeGregory facepalms
Ihave been using the sniper since 1.0.4 and now i know how to increase visibility.

[off topic]
does this effect AFFECT FPS?
[/off topic]

EDIT: grammar changes
Thanks given by:
thats what I was thinking, theirs only one way to find out
Thanks given by:
Some people say it takes resources to render fog, and that disabling it will give you a framerate boost. However, on my old machine, I got a higher framerate with more fog. I guess it's comparable to "viewing distance".
Thanks given by:
I assume it's because it's easy to render a mass of indistinct fog but takes more resources to do defined lines of the distant objects.
Thanks given by:
The more fog you render, the sooner you can drop stuff that's further away. Fog has always been used to shorten draw distance and thus to help performance (anyone remember Turok ;)

Myke: It affects FPS, yes - less fog, less fps. It doesn't "effect" it. What's so hard about those two words ?? :/ That whole affect/effect thing is a pest. Fucking learn your own language, will you?

Thanks given by:
It's obvious why people prefer to have fog 1024 on every map, it provides the best visibility, the FPS argument is just an excuse. :P

As a mapper, I think if fog is defined in the map's configuration (.cfg) file, that clients should not be able to set their own fog for that map, but since there are no restrictions in place (currently) it's ok.
Thanks given by: CharlyMurphie
[2]: Did not know that! Added to my autoexec ;)
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 01:22AM)makkE Wrote: Myke: It affects FPS, yes - less fog, less fps. It doesn't "effect" it. What's so hard about those two words ?? :/ That whole affect/effect thing is a pest. Fucking learn your own language, will you?

you know what i mean [sarcasm] and sorry i'm not 100% gramaticaly correct. [/sarcasm]
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 01:22AM)makkE Wrote: It doesn't "effect" it. What's so hard about those two words ?? :/ That whole affect/effect thing is a pest. Fucking learn your own language, will you?
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
Read it. Adhere to it. Stay alive.
Thanks given by:
Heh sorry folks, that was a bit over the top. My apologies. It just makes me so mad sometimes.
Thanks given by:
The Oatmeal is the most pleasant way of ranting by proxy. Use that when you feel the grammar veins in your head bursting, makkE. ;-)
Thanks given by:
[mod edit: censored]

;_;
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 02:58PM)tempest Wrote:
(18 Feb 11, 01:22AM)makkE Wrote: It doesn't "effect" it. What's so hard about those two words ?? :/ That whole affect/effect thing is a pest. Fucking learn your own language, will you?
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
Read it. Adhere to it. Stay alive.

My delegation concurs with your solution. My country makes a motion to compel everyone to bookmark this link, and to close this session.
P.S. Just came from MUN, not my fault!
Thanks given by: