Demos unwatchable
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but anyway... Every now and then after I've downloaded a demo, it wont play. What it says is:
|FOX|Thrawn called a vote: load map [email protected]_2011.02.03_2148 in mode DEMO
vote passed
could not read demo "demos\[email protected]_2011.02.03_2148.dmo"
I tried redownloading the demo from the server, and it didn't help. I even tried deleting the .dmo file from my demos and downloading it from the server again, but that didn't work either.
Is this a problem with the demo itself? or is it a problem with my client?
This does not happen very often, but it is a potential problem. I mean, what if I need to get a demo of... say a hacker or something, and I get the demo, but it doesn't work. Although it's unlikely to happen, if it did, a hacker could potentially get away with hacking... D:
Here are the demos I have that don't work.
http://rapidshare.com/files/446088995/DM...6_1803.dmo
http://rapidshare.com/files/446089072/TD...3_2148.dmo
http://rapidshare.com/files/446089169/TO...3_1348.dmo
Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated
Thanks given by:
First send the demo to someone else and see if it's the file itself, then if it's not the file check your client, or maybe even reinstall it
Thanks given by:
Those 3 files are corrupted. Their headers are missing entirely at least; the available data seems garbled though too - only portions of one of the files actually looked like demo-data to me.
Thanks given by:
$ gzip -S .dmo -d TOSOK_123_2010.12.03_1348.dmo
gzip: TOSOK_123_2010.12.03_1348.dmo: not in gzip format

Quite so.
Thanks given by:
Well, I deleted that one demo like I said and redownloaded it from the server, so does that mean its a problem with the server? (The one I redownloaded was the one on the rifle@camper map)
The other 2 demos I don't remember what server i got them on, it was a while ago, but that last one, I took a SC of the scores, so i do know what server it was. So, if this is a server problem, should I contact the server owner then?
I do have the server name and ip in the SC, but I wasnt sure if I should post it openly...

Oh, something else: my client has been acting strangely, I think I need to reinstall AC, my hud settings got all messed up, and now my crosshair is gone... and also when I go to the video settings menu, I get the message in the console:
unknown alias lookup: gfxqualityalias
unknown command: $gfxqualityalias
But, I just downloaded a demo from a different server, and it worked fine, so if this was a problem with my client, then wouldn't that demo not work? Then again, I'm no expert.
Thanks given by:
unknown alias lookup: gfxqualityalias
unknown command: $gfxqualityalia
I get to.
Not only going to video settings but if im in game and go to the menu.
Thanks given by:
@demos: probably a server problem - that "x5.1" cropped up in another thread - since you downloaded it twice, unless you know of someone who got it just fine.

@aliases: reset your configuration settings (available from menu), or just move your saved.cfg to a safe location (out of the way, if you like into the Trashcan) before restarting the game - everything will be back to original settings, so if you've tweaked it all to your liking you had best have that saved.cfg from before as a backup (Trashcan not such a good idea after all) - there you can look up your previous settings.
Thanks given by: