Secure name?
I know in Sauerbraten you can "secure" a name that you use for in game... is that just a new feature in Cube2 or is there any way possible to do with with Cube 1 also?
Thanks given by:
well i dont think anyone wants ur name 0.o
usually having respect of fellow acers gets the name
but then getting whitelist helps ;)

much lave
Thanks given by:
I think this would be more hassle than it is worth.
Thanks given by:
ok, let me clarify...It's not because I have a problem with people copying my name. I hardly ever have that problem. It was just a general question because I know a lot of people are name copiers, and I think it would be nice knowing that while you aren't playing no one is copying your name for sure!
Thanks given by:
I demand that Unarmed gets secured to one person only! Make people type in a real name already.
xD
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 09:10PM)JB|JustinBieber Wrote: I know in Sauerbraten you can "secure" a name that you use for in game... is that just a new feature in Cube2 or is there any way possible to do with with Cube 1 also?

It's not a feature of Sauer, it's just a few modded servers that have this capability.
Thanks given by:
the crypto/auth-code was backported a while ago, there are plans to get the community using this system - the speed, extent/scale and even some of the infrastructure details haven't been decided on really though; it's all waiting till after the v1.1.0.5/6 releases to step forward.
Thanks given by:
Interesting stuff flowtron... :o
Thanks given by:
Exactly how much backporting is going on here flowtron? :)
Thanks given by:
Viper: 3.14 backport-units worth.
Thanks given by:
WTH? I didn't think code could ever be written that could take that much backporti...mmmmmmm...piiiiii *drools*
Thanks given by:
Bukz found the million...can you?
Thanks given by: