More mastermodes?
I'd like to see more mastermodes added, a command changed and one added, specifically like that:

23:17 < apanda> there should be /forcespec
23:18 <@jamz> For the players on your team who are standing in the doorway?
23:18 < apanda> haha :)
23:18 < apanda> actually for more for matches and maybe laggers on pub
23:18 <@Gibstick> yes
23:22 < apanda> also /forceteam should force people from spec to that team and
we could use mastermode 3 which is like 2 but makes it
impossible for specs to join except by /forceteam
23:22 < apanda> and also keeps the server open for people to join
23:23 < apanda> since they wont disrupt the game
23:23 < apanda> ok keeping it open could be another new mode with #4 :D

If any devs with svn access say they will commit this feature once I develop it, I will try to do so ;) Maybe the closed mastermode #4 can replace the current mastermode #2, so it's less confusing. But #2 has the advantage to be able to restart a match a little more quickly once it has been stopped for the person who dropped out.

Also a /pausegame would be genius.
Thanks given by:
I like your ideas Panda; especially the /pausegame. I think it had been mentioned before but not taken too much into consideration.
Thanks given by:
/pausegame ?
but that would be really functional?
Thanks given by:
^ It would be very functional, so we don't have to yell "PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE" anymore, every time Bukz gets a phone call. Sometimes people run around and stock up on armour/ammo when it's really supposed to be "paused". (9_9)
Thanks given by:
right Gibstick, I did not think of it this way 0.0
but how would that work?
freezing the shots? laggin' players?

I'm really believing this would be a great idea...
Thanks given by:
Why don't you ACTUALY ask Drakas.. he already complied a working /pausegame command onto one of his servers for the AC world cup.. as well as /forcespec..
Thanks given by:
I myself second the idea of being able to join as spectator-only on matches. Would be cool to go "oh, look, a clan match," and go in and watch.
Thanks given by:
I agree with VenteX, it would be like watching a football game. Invite your friends.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 02:38AM)VenteX Wrote: I myself second the idea of being able to join as spectator-only on matches. Would be cool to go "oh, look, a clan match," and go in and watch.

I agree with this, as some of us suck too much to actually play a clan match, or just a good match with friends (hint, hint ehuh, me). Although I'd love the /pausegame command as I often go afk & feel too lazy to go to spectate mode. Also I don't understand completely what you're saying when you say "/forcespec", & "/forceteam".
Thanks given by:
people who will not play the game, will be able to watch.
so, the servers will not need to be blocked.

"Prepare the popcorn, the game will begin!" xD
Thanks given by:
/offtopic I barely got half of what you just said O.o
/ontopic I also think that adding a /mastermode 4 would be good as to have people never to enter the server until /mastermode 0. Before you say, "well /mastermode 1 covers that" I mean even with admin.
Thanks given by:
I'd get confused with all the mastermodes =P, theres mastermode 0 = open, mastermode 1 = private, mastermode 2 = match and i get confused with 1 and 2 all the time >:(
But yeah its a nice idea Panda ;). Would be nice to pause it without Professional n00bs like Hav0c stocking up his health, armor and ammo.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 03:17AM)Hav0c Wrote: Would be nice to pause it without Professional n00bs like Hav0c stocking up his health, armor and ammo.
LOL, nice way to talk about urself in third person :}

Thanks given by:
Drakas made a /forcespec and a /pausegame awhile back for ACWC. It's totally possible, and it should be on the next version.
Thanks given by:
This is a great idea btw. I fully endorse it with all of my endorsing powers.
Thanks given by:
nvm
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 05:57AM)Syntax Wrote: Drakas made a /forcespec and a /pausegame awhile back for ACWC. It's totally possible, and it should be on the next version.

That would be awesome.
Thanks given by:
I already said that way up ^ there syntax D:
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 02:18AM)Gibstick Wrote: ^ It would be very functional, so we don't have to yell "PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE" anymore, every time Bukz gets a phone call. Sometimes people run around and stock up on armour/ammo when it's really supposed to be "paused". (9_9)

Those are the rules of pause, you don't read what they have typed until you are standing on the 50 shield
Thanks given by:
If there's /forceteam, when you join, there should be a 5-10 second delay before you are forced to spawn. But, you can spawn at any time during that delay.
It gives people time to switch weapons before they start playing.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 03:17AM)Hav0c Wrote: i get confused with 1 and 2 all the time >:(

Simple.
  • 1 = Private (players can't [re]connect)
  • 2 = Match (similar to Private, but players who were already in the game can reconnect)

EDIT: Oh and add me to the list of supporters who want to see this in the next release. :D
Thanks given by: