How to replace .ogg files?
Hey Guys,

So I was messing around with the game files, modding the weapon skins and stuff, and thought I'd try playing around with the sound files. So I converted a few .mp3s to .oggs, and renamed them. However, even after the files have been replaced, the original soundbite still plays, why is this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
~|BHC|Freddiex

EDIT: I'm on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Thanks given by:
Because it is difficult to force Macintosh OS to allow access to system and program files. Ronald_Reagan knows some tricks. ;-)
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 11, 02:56AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Because it is difficult to force Macintosh OS to allow access to system and program files. Ronald_Reagan knows some tricks. ;-)

So there's no way around this issue?

Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 11, 03:01AM)|BHC|Freddiex Wrote:
(22 Jan 11, 02:56AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Because it is difficult to force Macintosh OS to allow access to system and program files. Ronald_Reagan knows some tricks. ;-)

So there's no way around this issue?

There definitely is. We just don't know, but Ronald Reagan (mac user) knows.
Thanks given by:
Wait for him to come here.
Probably just send him a PM, actually.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 11, 03:29AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Wait for him to come here.
Probably just send him a PM, actually.

Have done, thanks for your help!
Thanks given by:
*slightly off topic...what program can i use to convert files to .ogg

free download by the way, i'm skint.
Thanks given by:
http://audacity.sf.net
Thanks given by:
Ronald Reagan is Mac user with knowledge of pro Linux use :o why xD
Thanks given by:
Okay, so he hasn't replied to the PM, does anybody else actually have any ideas as to why it might be happening, cause this is really ticking me off...
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I was out of town.
I am not quite sure of the problem. You need to make sure they are in the exact same location as the original ones. Have you found the original ones? If you want to leave them with the same name, you can, however it is a bit harder.
I have a feeling you aren't putting them in the right place. Right click on your game, and select show package contents, in there go to contents->gamedata->mods->yourmodhere.
You have to make sure your mod is packaged correctly, and that you are using the mod argument at start up. You can read more about this in the docs. If you need more help, use the search function.

Note: I responded on here because this may be a common question.
Thanks given by: