Filenames
Quote:[04:04] <quinnw> Why should I have to sit here for an hour writing a shell script to remove the MODE_MAP_ from the filenameL
[04:05] <quinnw> Who decided that it would be a good idea to smack that on the front of the filename? ***shudder***

Please put the mode and map at the end in a future release if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I would really like to browse my server's demos by date... not <cringe>mode</cringe>.
Thanks given by:
Yes, this revision should be undone; I see no reason to name stuff by modes tbh. Well, of course, unless the community requested it.
Thanks given by:
I don't think it's acceptable to insult people on this forum, Brahma.
Thanks given by:
edited
Thanks given by:
Lol... Triple post spam for the lose.
Thanks given by:
Rolf
Thanks given by:
Why not simply sort them by "Date modified"?

[offtopic]
(15 Jan 11, 04:41AM)Theo_RJ* Wrote: Rolf

Rofl.

[/offtopic]
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 11, 07:54AM)Fate Wrote: Why not simply sort them by "Date modified"?
Because that's useless. It would be the time modified (as in downloaded in this case) not time created.
Thanks given by:
Oh of course, spoke too soon. I stand corrected. lol
Thanks given by:
Uhm. Actually - that was the idea behind the tweakage IIRC. Since the timestamp of the file already holds the information another front-runner helps sorting by other aspects.
We can definitely have some options - possibly even a free format-string (read: you decide what goes into the filename yourself).
The time downloaded and the time created will almost always be as near to identical as makes no difference .. always, unless you constantly go onto servers and download backlogs of demos. If you mean downloaded from a site, rather than in-game - then renaming becomes an issue, but doesn't it always!?!
As I said - I'll make sure we have options to individualize the naming convention.
Thanks given by:
(Just noticed I never responded.)

Very nice. Thanks!
Thanks given by: