Server Permissions
I am sad to say that i just ragequit a game, but i feel my rage was well placed. It was a CTF game, and one team was completely crushing the other. I was, of course, on the losing team, so i was already a little grumpy. However, what made me mad enough to quit was when i tried to shuffle teams; I didn't have enough permissions to bring that up for voting. Same result for autoteam.
So tell me: are there any good reasons to disable most permissions? A few i can understand, like when a TDM only server doesn't allow you to set mode&map. But why not allow people to shuffle teams? Is there something obvious that i am missing, or is it just stupid server admins?
Thanks given by:
Server will/should auto-shuffle.
When this is suppose to be done i have no idea about, and i do see games that should have been shuffled but server dosent.
Thanks given by:
If autoteam is incapable of producing fair teams reliably, what about an optional mercy rule? If the difference between scores exceeds a value in a timeframe, and after x automated autoteams and/or y successful shuffles, the game is ended early.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 02:41AM)Mael Wrote: If autoteam is incapable of producing fair teams reliably, what about an optional mercy rule? If the difference between scores exceeds a value in a timeframe, and after x automated autoteams and/or y successful shuffles, the game is ended early.

Interesting concept. I like it.

Offtopic: What do the symbols in your user title mean? I can make out what might be two threes.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Offtopic: What do the symbols in your user title mean? I can make out what might be two threes.

off-topic again- i think its a penguin

Thanks given by:
Edit: For those of you who do know what it is, please do not say. I'd like to see the responses.
Thanks given by:
I should remember the exact value, but I do not have the source here now... but the server silently auto-shuffles if one team reaches approx. twice the score of the other. But this only happens with autoteam on. If autoteam is off, you can change teams at will... so, everybody can move to the stronger team :P
Thanks given by:
A squid?
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 01:27AM)Lantry Wrote: ...why not allow people to shuffle teams?
There are too many players who think that a game is unfair when their opponents are leading by three flags after five minutes. The solution, if you think the teams are grossly unfair, is to stop, look at the score table, pick a player who looks like a good candidate and /forceteam him/her. If the vote doesn't pass, leave the game. The players you're playing with obviously aren't interested in playing fair.
Don't automatically go for the player with the most flags/kills; see if there's a player who's joined recently who has a good ratio or is a name you know as being a good player. A good player will relish the opportunity to try and level the scores, and maybe even ask the other players to F1 the vote.
In my experience, unfair teams rarely continue into a second game anyway, and often reverse completely.

Maelquiz: I always assumed it was a pair of scissors. The funny thing is, it looks different at work and at home, despite being similar setups.
Thanks given by:
Maelquiz: Damn you! :D Umm... B. A penguin. Final answer.
Thanks given by:
End the game early? :/
I can see why that'd make sense, but something about the concept just doesn't sit right with me. Like winning would be punished by an early end. But not exactly that.

(that's obviously a rocket.)
Thanks given by:
It could be a rocket if you look at it one way but that is not what I intended it to be.
Thanks given by:
Some servers are benevolent and another not, you must find what fit you, if your feeling is right the server will have more players and will be showing direction to others.

But instead of setting rules and borders of such competition in this game often happens some authorities need to demonstrate power, so you must accept what they cook you. But it is just life.
Thanks given by:
@Mael: It looks like bomberman or some little Nintendo creature. :)

I have to confess, I sypathesize with the original poster. I don't understand when users block a vote to try to balance an otherwise imbalanced game, or worse the server doesn't even allow you to try. I don't mind being outplayed but being outplayed because I'm outgunned usually isn't fun.
Thanks given by:
░░<○<三三>-
definitely a warhammer.

...or maybe a fish???
Thanks given by: