Game is like a " broken mirror "
So today I got my Windows 7 Home Premium. I also installed AC. Before I ran the game, I installed my Nvidia drivers and also Gamer OSD. When I opened the game, the screen is like a broken mirror. I changed the settings low as possible but It didn't help.

Any one know what's the problem?
Thanks given by:
Broken mirror? Can you get a screenshot if it?
If it looks like this:
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk290...rent=5.jpg
you could try /recalc or mergestrips 0 fixed it for me.
Thanks given by:
Disable vsync.
Thanks given by:
Well thanks for responds. I tried those commands, Thorite but it didn't help. Also, my game doesn't quite look like that as it is in that screenshot you linked.

@Mael: I checked that my vsync, it's disabled.
Thanks given by:
Okay, looks like this problem is in every game. I tried to play Doom 3 and this same thing came. The screen is like " flickering " or something like that. It's not stable.
Thanks given by:
screenie, graphics card info pl0x
Thanks given by:
If that meant you want my graphic card info: Nvidia ENGTS250 1G
Thanks given by:
Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

I was going to say you should try fiddling with minlod and lighterror, but if it's a problem in other games, it probably won't fix it.
Thanks given by:
Offtopic: Doom 3 fucking owns. I haven't played it in too long :D

Ontopic: V-Man he mentioned on IRC that in Linux AssaultCube works. That makes me think it's a driver issue (because I can't run AC on Windows but can/do on Linux) but I'm no expert. Your thoughts?
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 01:00PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

I was going to say you should try fiddling with minlod and lighterror, but if it's a problem in other games, it probably won't fix it.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Here I should do it, but I don't know which product and product series I should pick?
Thanks given by:
You should download manufacturer specific drivers. NVidia chipset drivers should be the last resort. Who actually makes your card? Go to their website and get those drivers, not NVidia. They might not be the absolute latest and greatest NVidia drivers but they should be the latest drivers that are designed to work with your card. While you're at it, actually check that your card is supported in Windows 7.

Check that there aren't separate 32bit and 64bit drivers, and if there are make sure you're using the appropriate ones.

Stop using crap like GameBooster or whatever the hell is it. Things like that almost never work as well as you think anyway. Get the card working first, then add $#|t later on.

edit: I should have added that if it's an onboard graphics chipset (perhaps with an ASUS motherboard per chance? which explains why you're using obscure "boosting" cr@p) then you need to go to the motherboard manfacturers website).

P.S. If it is onboard graphics then disable it and get a real graphics card. :)
Thanks given by:
But I had Windows 7 before and the same problem were, but I don't remember any more how I fix it. So I know It can work, I just don't remember how...

EDIT: And Nvidia GTS 250 is a " real " graphic card, not an onboard card.
Thanks given by:
Update Direct X?
Thanks given by:
Okay I updated Direct X and now FPS isn't low anymore but screen is still fucked up.
Thanks given by:
Don't know if this will really help but it won't hurt. Run Direct X Diagnostics (dxdiag.exe).

If only your card were like a G6.

Out of ideas for now, sorry.
Thanks given by:
I installed OpenGL 4.1 support and it works! Thanks everyone, you can close this.
Thanks given by:
Out of curiosity, what prompted you to install OpenGL?
Thanks given by:
It just came to my mind.
Thanks given by:
I was curious because I don't think I've ever had to manually install OpenGL, but then perhaps an application has always installed the latest version for me. Don't really know. Anyway, make a note to yourself for when/if this happens again. ;)
Thanks given by: