i always have high ping in the game why?
hi all, first, merry christmas and thanks for your time!

friend, i have several problems with the game, since i was installed the new version, v1.1.0.4, i counldnt play assaultcube any more, the cause, the ping! my ping goes to high, i start playing with 150 of ping and i finished with 400, and when i want to change the server to play, all of them apear with 600 or 800 of ping, so my question is why ? why this kind of situations only affected me? :S have you got problems too? and i never play with the msn or internet pages open, i restart the modem but the situation turns the same!!! im going to be crazy and i love this game, what i want to do? :S please tell me!

i have a modem asl, fast ethernet, connect to the cpu, its not usb, 3MB,i have windows xp i dont know how to sell it in english, im from argentina, :( but i can talk and write a little english im improving the languaje :)

thx friends!

PE: anwser me please!
Thanks given by:
the fact you are in Argentine could be the cause for your high ping. did you have these problems before hand?
Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 10, 09:46PM)mykegregory Wrote: the fact you are in Argentine could be the cause for your high ping. did you have these problems before hand?

oh yes, but this kinds of problems weren't frecuently, when i used the last version i never had problems, but this time yes i dont know why :S
Thanks given by:
Go here:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Take the test, and tell us the results.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 1084833688.png]
Thanks given by:
O_o You're on Ethernet, and the connection is still that throttled?
Is there anything about your ISP or home network you ought to tell us?
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 10, 12:26AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: O_o You're on Ethernet, and the connection is still that throttled?
Is there anything about your ISP or home network you ought to tell us?

no, i dont think so, i tell you all the information :S
Thanks given by:
Perhaps there's another person on the network lagging your connection?
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 10, 01:12AM)Morsey! Wrote: Perhaps there's another person on the network lagging your connection?

i dont think so, cuz i only have one computer, but it isnt connected to directly to the phone, so i dont know whats the problem...but all this troubles, started when i instaled the new version v1.1.0.4
Thanks given by:
In the server browser, are you connecting to servers that have a red or red/yellow bar?
Thanks given by:
Judging by his story, they all must have red/yellow bars.
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 10, 02:04PM)Gibstick Wrote: In the server browser, are you connecting to servers that have a red or red/yellow bar?

No i didnt, i always conect to the green servers...but when im inside of the game, the ping goes too 400, when i connected with 100
Thanks given by:
I never have any bars. I always wondered why that media was in there...
Thanks given by:
didn't want to make a thread for this so I'll say this here.
I hate the people with 700+ping/laggers that turn into ghosts and teleport and kill you before you can see them re-appear. =/
and nobody ever kicks them.
the game should auto kick anyone with high ping.
Not meant @ you, thread creator :)
Thanks given by:
Hola crislcx creo que te puedo ayudar yo hablo español, debe ser por la distancia pero puedes jugar en servidores de usa como los server de jamz que se llaman Server of Justice y en europa te recomiendo que juegues en los server de TyD que tiene muy buen ping, tambien puedes jugar en españa en los servers llamados Emisarios de la destruccion, ah y en servidores de brasil que estan cerca de argentina, un saludo desde españa
Thanks given by:
CyberKlown28 Wrote:laggers that turn into ghosts and teleport and kill you before you can see them re-appear.
It goes both ways, actually.
Thanks given by:
what do you mean, good sir? <3
Thanks given by:
When a player has high ping, it appears to him and to an observing player, each, that the other is warping.
You can make an attempt at minimizing this effect by experimenting with the values for smoothmove and smoothdist -- but I don't fully understand how those work. Basically (I mean very basically) they tell your client how much to "guess" about a player's position if info hasn't come from them for a while. The up-side to a high number is that you have more time to frag them before they go transparent and salute; the down-side is that when they come out of the lag spike, there's no telling where they could be.
Thanks given by:
haven't seen this "more time to get them" thing :(
servers should auto kick these people T.T
..or have servers just for them.
Thanks given by: