member levels?
I think it would be cool if there was a xp system in AC so you could level up, etc.

Whats your opinion on this?
Thanks given by:
Okay, let's just put all those resentments besides and be a little constructive.
1) There are already so-called ladders. Check out http://hi-skill.us and http://ladder.tearyoudown.com
2) If by "levelling up" you mean "get more weapons": AC is built to have few weapons. Also, those "more weapons" would need to be done first.
3) How do you imagine a global system could work if there is no way to reliably identify people?
Thanks given by:
Some seem to think this community consists of idiots which haven't ever seen another game and are mentally stuck in 1995...

I feel kind'a offended by such guys.
Thanks given by:
XP and levels belong in RPGs, not in FPS.
Thanks given by:
A system like this could work for AC but it must be a player contribution and not a feature of the download. Meaning, if you want ranks you should host the ladder and stats yourself and allow server owners to contribute statistics if they choose to, but without modifying or adding to the source. That way, players may participate if they like or not if they don't.

Furthermore, servers that contribute to this ladder could have a connect password listed in the description to prevent players from accidentally participating.

There's a great deal of opposition to this idea but I think this is one of the few features popular in commercial games that would work well if it was done appropriately. That being said, I won't be the one to host such stats but I'd certainly participate.
Thanks given by:
Well, thanks for the replies.

I think a online scores/levels system would be quite cool. But by the sounds of things on here, everyone hates the idea except the few who have the guts to speak against the majority.

BTW - I am not stuck in 1995

And that link is where i got the idea from for the levels system :)
Thanks given by:
Ok mikaldinho we do not all just follow the majority. We like the idea of not having a score/levels system because then that allows us to think what we want about our selfs and not having others look at us and going "Oh look he is still level 3! WOW HE SUCKS!"

Plus if they dont like the way AC is being run then they have the choice of not playing but they still do. Tempest is right if you wish to be scored there is the Hi-Skill servers and the {TyD} ladder servers which will score you.
Thanks given by:
The people who can make this, but don't want to do it don't have to do it and the people who want this and can make it have done it already (ladders). The only thing you can ask now is for them to tweak it to your liking (ask nicely!).
Thanks given by:
The idea is: You start the game and compete with everyone on the same level. You skill is all that matters, not how long and often you have played and collected some weird points. This, to me is a fundamental point of FPS games - they are a test of skill, not a test of online time wasted.

To an extent, there already are "levels" - by that players with more experience (real experience, not "points") will naturally play the game better than a newbie. If you want to level up, it's all up to you and your skill/talent.

The fact that there are FPS games out there that feature levelling doesn't mean every FPS has to have it. To me, it's a fad, and it will hopefully die soon.
Thanks given by:
This whole "get more stuff the longer you play" thingy doesn't make any sense to me at all, not even in MMORPGs. Of course, the reason why that's implemented in those games is that they usually employ a pay-per-month system, so the longer they keep you playing the more money they make (just why are people dumb enough to fall for that?) But in a buy-once-then-play-freely FPS, and now even in an open-source game...
Thanks given by:
IMHO, level ups should be in actual skills, not abstract numbers. That's why I love simple FPS games like AC. :D

(Except true RPG games, where level limitations can be useful in restricting the player from progressing too fast)
Thanks given by:
mmm the fact is: u can changenick when u want.
how to do level thing so? based on IP? or everytime someone changenick, it restart from 0?
Thanks given by:
Apparently that's how the current ladders work. :-P
Thanks given by:
Keep the game simple, please. And like makkE said, levels/XP belong to other crap, not certainly FPS.
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube would need a massive re-haul if this was ever going to work.

And if the devs don't want it, it'll never happen.
Thanks given by: