Poll: Do you support a AC port for iOS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
81.58%
31 81.58%
No
18.42%
7 18.42%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you want a iOS AC Port?
(28 Nov 10, 12:26AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: So, can Apple brick a jailbroken iPhone or not?

From a technical point of view - yes. In the same way as providers of other smartphones with an own marketplace can do too.

From a legally point of view it is highly doubtful that they would do it. Read this. This is not a general permission for jailbreaking in any country; but this means that it isn't prohibited in general anymore.

To lure as much ppl as possible to this app it makes sense if the port is available in the appstore. If you see here it is possible to port a cube game to iPhone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaB1VeT1dkM

and the link to the appstore: http://itunes.apple.com/app/cube/id292763299?mt=8

and the link of the dev: http://fernlightning.com/doku.php?id=iphone:cube:start
gl
Thanks given by:
Fight the power!
Liberate your phones!
:D
Thanks given by:
hehe... so you guys dont want an AC iOS port?? lol...
Thanks given by:
To hell with the Apple haters!
Thanks given by:
Reading this thread makes me feel like arguing how macs are generally always overpriced and underpowered (http://www.apple.com/nz/why-mac/compare/ <-- note how everything is one or two, or more steps behind what you could build yourself, or buy from a competitor, e.g. dell).

"Oh, but they're shiny?" - Who cares. Get me a spray can and I'll make a shinier one. Also, quite a few competitors have designs that are actually nicer than apples.

"Oh, but it can do cool stuff with graphics and videos?!" - Yay, proprietary software. Isn't that grand. There's alternatives that run on windows and linux.

"Oh, but it's OS based on BSD which is based on Unix, which is like Linux!" - Or you could, idk... install linux or BSD? :P

Only good thing I've seen in apples, is their power plug. It uses magnetics, that's pretty cool.
Thanks given by:
Fukin magnetics,
how do they work?
Thanks given by:
I'd rather see Android support, at least the platform doesn't suck ass.
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 10, 08:12AM)Bullpup Wrote: Fukin magnetics,
how do they work?

As you can see in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adp8eGKpi...re=related

... magnetics hold the power cable onto the computers power socket. No plugs.

Unfortunately for this video, it seems the only thing I liked about macs, is often faulty?
Thanks given by:
JGAN Wrote:hehe... so you guys dont want an AC iOS port?? lol...
Whut! The poll is clearly in favor of porting.
DOOOOO EEEEEEET.
You can make Drakas and RK happy later by porting it to their Linux-kernel-hacked tennis shoes.
Thanks given by:
lol... i feel hated now XD

thanks v-man i will try my best.

APPLE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ironically i dont have an ipod/iphone/ipad because i hate them XD)
Thanks given by:
I should mention that I voted "yes", and by "support" I mean that I will tell you "Good luck!"
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 10, 07:51AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Reading this thread makes me feel like arguing how macs...
Beside the fact that the guys are talking about an iOS port and not about Mac - we all already know that your are a defender of crappy linux :P

I don't know why there is need to do the such discussions over and over again (I heared nearly the all arguments about linux vs windows vs mac OS X vs w/e (or the hardware beneth) already 25 years ago when 4/8/16-bit CPUs have been around). Well, one thing all OS have in common: You like it or you hate it. And if your hard drive crashes it doesn't matter anyway which OS was running it a few minutes before.

Here is a nice video in which everyone can find something to laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBNV50vXzEI
Thanks given by:
Use whatever goddamn operating system you like: Just don't
1) force me to use a specific one
2) expect my support for porting AC to an OS I don't use.

'nuff said.

Just to be clear, this is not directed towards anyone personally.
Thanks given by:
ok thanks for everyones input!!

do you guys have anything against 0.93? we are probably gonna start with that source
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 10, 06:04PM)JGAN Wrote: ok thanks for everyones input!!

do you guys have anything against 0.93? we are probably gonna start with that source

I strongly doubt any veteran would have a problem with 0.93 :P (not trying to create a 'bring back .93' argument or anything ;))
Thanks given by:

which means you need an own masterserver. have this in mind

Thanks given by:
@spamma well that could be controversal, as not many iShit people know about ac :P

@apollo yea thanks for the heads up. looks like im heading for 1.0.4 or 1.1.0.4 the only problem is that 1.1 is still in its beta stage, unlike 1.0.4 which is well refined.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 10, 08:30PM)JGAN Wrote: @spamma well that could be controversal, as not many iShit people know about ac :P

@apollo yea thanks for the heads up. looks like im heading for 1.0.4 or 1.1.0.4 the only problem is that 1.1 is still in its beta stage, unlike 1.0.4 which is well refined.

1.1 has been fully released. The beta (SVN) stages ended when the first installer was released. :)
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 10, 08:30PM)JGAN Wrote: ... unlike 1.0.4 which is well refined.

a rumor
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 10, 08:23PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:

which means you need an own masterserver. have this in mind

Wouldn't they still need a new mastersever? Making this iOS game (even made in 1.1.0.4) would need an own masterserver since mixing the players from the iOS game and the PC game into one mastersever just wouldn't work. I don't mean physically done, but more like PC will just own the iOS player's ass no matter what, and some features are just unavailable for the iOS, while the PC has all it can.

Thanks given by:
Go with 1.1.0.4, unless 1.1.0.5 is released before you do this.
Because
1) Versions before 1.1 have cheat binaries circulating the internet, which doubtless could be made easily available on the same market as your port. Versions after 1.1 have anti-cheat measures included, which will make porting a cheat to AC much more difficult.
2) The latest version is the one supported by the devs and the community.
3) Each new version has fewer bugs than the previous one.

Here's a good point... Would needing a new master server mean that people playing on the port would be unable to play others using PCs?
Thanks given by:
The matter isn't if they need a new masterserver for 1.1.0.4 to prevent pwning (hm?). Also it's not necessary (and probably not possible) to port all features (e.g. map edit capabilities).

It's more important to think about and to create a useful gaming control - if you have to move with three fingers of two hands to create gestures or something else then noone will play this game. So it's strongly recommended to read what iOS users comment about other simulations and especially about the cube port to make it better.
Thanks given by:
the masterserver nor "pwning" isnt the problem. the problem is the size of the app and how well it runs. honestly, 1.1 still has quite a few bugs that im not comfortable working with when 1.0.4 is still being played a lot and is less buggy (no offence to the devs). also, it seems that weapon balance is driving people crazy in 1.1 so until that is fixed, i will be working on 1.0.4. once again, no offence to the devs (they did create this awesome game haha).

@apollo, will work on that interface :S

@to the people voting no, do you have a reason that you would like to share?
Thanks given by:
Honestly, I don't think AC can really be ported to iOS without massive changes. The fact is, the UI, controls and quite likely gameplay would have to be modified to suit touchscreen devices. Just because a game is technically capable, you need to consider how the game has to be played.

Personally, I'd rather work on a game from the ground up to better suit the target media.

For instance, I'm currently working on a RPG engine for Mozilla's GameOn competition. I'd rather make a FPS because that's what I really like, but it's not viable due to limitations, such as the lack of mouse cursor warping (i.e. cursor doesn't leave screen).

The same thing applies to touchscreen devices. The best shooters there are either Wolfenstein3D/DOOM style or on-rails shooters.
Thanks given by:
hmmm... very good point LeeZH!

yes, there will be some massive changes. i dont think the gameplay itself will be changed much outside of keybinds and scripts. the basic principles (movement, strafing, jumping, shooting, etc) should all be able to be retained.

good luck on your game :>
Thanks given by:
Just an...

Update: Currently working on porting appkit files/coding to uikit.
~200,000 errors :@
Thanks given by:
HELL YES!!!
If the whois factor is useless, how about enhancing bots?
Thanks given by:
[Image: 21mbul4.jpg]
Interface proposal:D
You touch the area, you do something (Don't laugh, I photoshop'd it)
Thanks given by:
That's a pretty good idea FleshyPod.
I like your layout but there are some things that I would change:

- For easier 360˚ movement a little circle to move would be a MUST (example here)
- For the "JUMP" button, what about maybe have two alternatives: that button that is already there, and also jump when bringing the iPod swiftly up.
- With the 360˚ movement circle being at the left for the left thumb, make then the buttons for the reloading and firing at the right.
- Bars for the ammo, armor, and health take too much space. Change these little numbers at the top right.
- Change radar to be rectangular, at the top middle between the "show scores" and "menu".
- Maybe make it so no one can talk to each other? Therefore removing the console? I imagine a button that says "Talk" too annoying for a fast-paced game, specially for the iPod. You would have to touch "Talk", then wait for the keyboard to come up, and then type whatever you have to say.
- For changing weapons what about making a finger movement upwards/downwards on the gun.
- Change "fire" to "attack" since with knife you can't shoot and making the text change every time you change to knife is just a harder step for the makers and it may lag the game (I think?).
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 10, 07:09PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Yes.
Port AssaultCube to everything, including your microwave oven.

Lmao I love you<3 xD this made my day

If someone finds out how to hack AC on the iPod they might just be the most epic person alive. Although I highly doubt it's possible. But, if the app is submitted and accepted then they games will begin.

Also, what if you made a iPad app? That sounds more possible :D. Also I'd enjoy playing AC on my iPad :)
Thanks given by: