The Official Weapon Balance Thread!
I want a massive crosshair for the sniper rifle, like in cod, or the pistol to be more usable. Against any weapon the pistol is useless, unless akimbo. For the sake of bad ass, make it so if a shotgun does an instant kill it would gib, which would be so fun to jump into people from a high tower and have them in bits!
Thanks given by:
Actually, the pistol is really effective in the Sniper + Pistol or Shotgun + Pistol combination, but it used rarely when the primary weapon is the Assault Rifle or SMG.
Thanks given by:
yeah i have been using the pistol more often now after starting to use the assault rifle. i actually find the assault rifle a lot more use full on not "official" maps where mid ranges are more common (not those "superheadshotcityV4goodversion" pieces of crap which are just sniper havens that make me frustrated, but maps like "battle for Normandy" which feature simple, mid range combat.) i really want the AR to have less recoil, or to just do away with that two stage recoil thing and have one stage, seeing as most of the spammers would gravitate to the SMG because of the high rate of fire.
Thanks given by:
Just cuz you fire something automatic does not mean you are spamming.
Spamming gets you nowhere..and its nothing to be afraid of regarding weapon balance.
Thanks given by:
Any of you guys see the new weapon? Its called combat pistol. Can't believe there adding so 2 new weapons...
Thanks given by:
Just testing, highly experimental. Maybe not for 1.1 yet...
Thanks given by:
No keep it! I love it :)
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 06:59PM)KN!F3 Wrote: Assault Rifle- The reason smgs are extremely powerful and seem to be overused is lag. That's right. I said it. Lag. If someone just sprays bullets in someone's direction and the other person hides, the server and player lag will make those bullets still hit even after the target has ducked away. The reason is the firing speed of the smg outlags the speed of an ar and in comparison, the ar doesn't seem to kill as fast even though its only miliseconds of difference. This should be compensated for as assault rifle bullets are slower and dont "lag damage" as well after enemies have ran the corner.

Thanks for reading my thoughts,
Peace, KN!F3

Can any dev confirm how much is this affecting? I had that sense but never questioned myself further.

Is any doc with the detailed facts about weapons?

Thank you
Funky Hamster
Thanks given by:
really have forgot much about ac and just cant remember about this matter now.

does this game uses antilag system? if it does it would partially even low and high pingers no matter what's the difference betwen one and another. the only problem would remain on the last example of players which die behind corners, but after that wont be a reason to complain.
Thanks given by:
To tell you the truth I have no problem with any of the guns in this game.
Thanks given by:
What i hate with the SMG in the new version is the spread.
All sudden good aim is useless.
And who got time to burst in a fast paced game with small maps ?
No matter how good i aim the bullets will fly everywhere.
I can deal with a little lower damage as long as they hurt.

SMG has become what the AR was in 1.0.4, useless well except for flagrunning.
Sadly i only like the SMG cuz of the action it brings and the nices moves you can make with it.
I was 70% of the reason i played the game as the options are to boring for a player like me.
And no i cant adapt, cuz the joy is not there no matter how much i play.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 10, 03:40PM)SplatZ Wrote: Any of you guys see the new weapon? Its called combat pistol. Can't believe there adding so 2 new weapons...

(10 Jul 10, 03:51PM)makkE Wrote: Just testing, highly experimental. Maybe not for 1.1 yet...

So, there's not many guns to implement - we have fast shooting, light caliber gun, slow shooting high caliber gun, sniper, shotgun, single shooting rifle, semi-automatic pistol. Only 3 shot burst gun, auto shotgun, and high caliber high recoil pistol left :)

I think the weapon balance is now good, new carbine is very powerfull, maybe slower ROF for it a little?
Thanks given by:
I think the SMG and Sniper should have stayed the exact same as they were in 1.0.4, The AR in 1.1 imo is awesome, its the only gun i can actually enjoy in 1.1 The shotgun just annoys me in 1.1 because it seems more powerful and 3/4 of every server is using it. I think the carbine is perfect... i just need to practice with it
Thanks given by:
i prefer the 1.0.4 smg and sniper in compare to the 1.1 AR! The sg is a bit overpowered!
Without changes from smg and sniper, the AR isnt beatable for Pro-players.
Thanks given by:
Elite that's BS. The sniper can still own easily by good headshotting and good teamplay. (Ever played depot against MyS pro snipers in 1.1?) The SMG can own AR on close range very easily too. I would even say the AR is handicapped a lot by the superlong reload time and lowish bullet count, so waltzing in alone vs. 2 good people with AR only is VERY hard, almost impossible while I used to be able to do it with SMG or sniper in 1.0 often.
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 10, 03:45PM)Panda Wrote: MyS pro snipers

lol
--------------
in other news: after much play test, i believe that 1.0 AR with 20 bullets is a balanced AR.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I think the weapon balance is now good, new carbine is very powerfull, maybe slower ROF for it a little?

I enjoy the beat it produces whilst picking people off at a distance, which suggests it does need to be slowed a little.
Thanks given by:
i havent tried 1.1.0.3 Multiplayers, but in 1.1.0.1 the AR is definetely to strong against smg. Well, with sniper i dont care if i need 1 or 2 pistol shots , i kill him anyway.

The 1.1.0.1 AR feels like the 1.0.4 smg , smaller magazine, but far more damage, it so easy to aim and to kill.
I prefer old-recoils , for me the old smg recoil, was very low, but the new is nearly like 0 or better said is 0, a weapon without doesnt make that fun like on 1.0.4.

@Panda : If you see the long reload time as an handicap, than LOL. The AR is already overpowered.
Thanks given by:
1> What weapon do you love and why?
2> Which weapon frustrates you and makes you want more out of it?
3> Which weapon do you feel needs toning down?

1> I love sniper/knife cause :
-what more beautifull to headshot
-what more awesome to knife someone
Even if the sniper bullet is now at 80 i think its anouth.
80hp/bullet isn't the real problem.
2 pistol hit isn't the real problem.
kevlar and helmets are reals problems for sniper/knifer/pistol.
-3 sniper's bullet to kill an enemy (wtf)
-4 knife hit to kill an enemy (wtf again)
-3,4,5 pistol's bullet more the sniper's bullet (around 60% accuracy , good luck)

About the knife :
I don't think a kevlar can protect someone vs a knife , and its the same thing for head (does a helmet protect from knife headshot? i don't think)

2> The SMG frustrate me a little cause of the accuracy.
I understand the going down when you spray with.
But why the 1rst bullet don't shot on the midle of your crosshair?

3> Shotguns needs toning down?
Shotguns have more power on AC officials maps (not on larges maps with larges corners like ac_iceroad for example) than the carabine.
For example , shotguns are kings on maps like ac_arid ac_mines ac_elevation.
What more horrible to be splated by a shotgun when you are at sniper or knife?
If couldn't say it without test

[Image: 20100911.jpg]

On this screenshot , Apollo had a shotgun too.

I canged my name to Mr.X.
It's not an inapropriate nickname (apollo had the admin and if i had an inapropriate nickname...) but i had troll name (its called like this on this forum : Troll rules)
Thanks given by:
Hmm that's another issue when it comes to balancing Sniper. In organized team play, a good sniper paired with someone using AR/SMG usually means near-instant death for any opponents over ANY range, short or long.
For pubs and on maps that are a bit more pickup-heavy...Sniper isn't so good.
Thanks given by:
I'm a sniper and i think the Sniper is anouth good.
To resume :
-the kevlar is too mutch good.
-the shotgun have too mutch power.
Thanks given by: