How many Players can play at maximum?
Hi,

how many Players can play at maximum? And can we play in LAN vs. Bots? How many different teams are possible in a LAN-Game?

Will assault cube be a free game in the future? And thx for the game!

Thank you

Pascal
Thanks given by:
Assault cube is free. Don't get scammed into buying it
Thanks given by:
i think that you can host an unlimited number of players in a LAN server, but only 20 in an online server. I havent found a way to play in LAN vs. bots, nor have a found a way to make more than 2 teams in LAN.
Thanks given by:
1) Theoretically, one server can host up to 256 players (AFAIK you can set the max. player number in the maprot.cfg) . However, if you want your server to register on the online masterserver (which is not necessary for a LAN server), it must have no more than 20 slots, as JGAN said.
2) As far as we can see today, AC will always remain free.
3) No, you can't play with bots in multiplayer.
4) max. 2 teams, as everywhere
Thanks given by:
(21 Nov 10, 06:37PM)tempest Wrote: 4) max. 2 teams, as everywhere
Woah, that gave me this uber cool thought of a game with 4 teams, RED/BLUE/GREEN/YELLOW :D
Thanks given by:
I wish we could choose how many teams there were. That would awesome
Thanks given by:
4 team ctf xD
CAOS HAHAHAHAH
Thanks given by:
(21 Nov 10, 06:37PM)tempest Wrote: 3) No, you can't play with bots in multiplayer.

Not yet! ^_^
Thanks given by:
30 player online servers would be AWESOME. Yee generation of debauchery and korruption hath never been given the chance to experience true awesomeness in it's purest form! Guaranteed it is a ploy to suppress having any fun on dust2 :).
Thanks given by:
WE WANT DUST2 BACK.
Thanks given by:
(21 Nov 10, 03:51PM)o0Pascal0o Wrote: Will assault cube be a free game in the future? And thx for the game!

Hi. AssaultCube is FREE. If you have paid someone for this game, they are scamming you. Please let me know where you brought the game so we can ensure others aren't scammed into buying what is a free download.

Thx.
Thanks given by:
max public server size is 20
max private server size is 256
Thanks given by:
imagine 256 people in 1 game. teabaggers galore!
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 10, 01:07PM)mykegregory Wrote: imagine 256 people in 1 game. teabaggers galore!
I agree. The game would be much fun with all the lag <3
Thanks given by:
If you have more than 20 friends handy, come to de.mysick.tk 3030 aka mysde.asrv.tk 3030 - it should have room.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 10, 02:32AM)DES|V-Man Wrote:
(21 Nov 10, 06:37PM)tempest Wrote: 3) No, you can't play with bots in multiplayer.

Not yet! ^_^
yes you can
Thanks given by:
O RLY?
Modded server?
Edit: no sarcasm, I'm wondering sincerely.
Thanks given by:
Did I miss something, or are you missing you sarcasm tags?
Thanks given by:
Seriously? HAX?
Thanks given by:
I think there have been modified servers that allow for bot multiplayer that have been used before.
Ofc, said bots are still the dumb bots that we have always known.
Thanks given by:
We're counting on you, Zarj! ^_^
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 12:54AM)U|Zarj Wrote: I think there have been modified servers that allow for bot multiplayer that have been used before.
Ofc, said bots are still the dumb bots that we have always known.

BOTS RULE!! Zarj when are you making a map for me to call a piece of shit, because you can't map without money for a motivation?

Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 03:37AM)MorganKell Wrote: BOTS RULE!! Zarj when are you making a map for me to call a piece of shit, because you can't map without money for a motivation?

You are quite mistaken, the bots are quite dumb...
And I'm sorry, what does this have to do with anything? And when have I ever mapped for money (or even not for money, for that matter)?
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 07:31AM)U|Zarj Wrote:
(25 Nov 10, 03:37AM)MorganKell Wrote: BOTS RULE!! Zarj when are you making a map for me to call a piece of shit, because you can't map without money for a motivation?

You are quite mistaken, the bots are quite dumb...
And I'm sorry, what does this have to do with anything? And when have I ever mapped for money (or even not for money, for that matter)?

Guy must have a loose fuse or something.
Thanks given by:
Now that's great news.
Thanks given by:
imagine all the servers being full because the bots want to play. lol</stupid thought>
Thanks given by:
Well, a nice feature would be to have the server full of bots until someone joins, and then the bots are replaced by real people one by one. This way you can join a server with very few real players and still have a great game.
Thanks given by:
There should be a way to differentiate between non-human players on the servers, should the feature should ever come, obviously. For ladder (& script) purposes.
Thanks given by:
Oh yes, absolutely.
Probably cn -1 or something like that.
Thanks given by:
or IP 0.0.0.0 (since AFAIK ladders use the IP to identify players with the same name)
Thanks given by: