AssaultCube 1.0.4 has DIED
if you still want servers for assaultcube 1.0.4 ......... drop this file (removed by admin). for recovery config crash

mod edit: No really, keep that out of here
Thanks given by:
The 1.0.4 master has now been officially shut-down - we've been saying it's days are numbered for months now and the majority of the dev-team decided shutting it down now was the right thing to do.
Thanks given by:
for me today was the last day of the game in the assault cube,i hope that for others too, for those hundreds of people that have played our favorite AssaultCube and made maps,maps drawn was more than a thousand,namely the possibility of drawing maps i think was so popular assaultcube,(im from russia,sorry for my bad english),everyone who goes into the new version 1.1, 1.2,3,4,5 .. REMEMBER that the situation could be repeated with in vain drawing maps,and your servers simply won't join in the most unexpected moment.. good luck guys! thanks for playing :)
Thanks given by:
1.1 has everything, except for the "feeling". And now the "feeling" is gone. Sad..
Thanks given by:
i knew it <_< the rumors were true D:
Thanks given by:
Farewell, fair-weather friends! :D
Thanks given by:
(10 Nov 10, 11:09PM)titiPT Wrote: 1.1 has everything, except for the "feeling". And now the "feeling" is gone. Sad..

robots will survive .. people do not .., robots do not have creativity, the future for blunt freaks
Thanks given by:
Adapt or die.
Thanks given by:
Or other choice : let pay a new masterserver only for AC 1.0.4 :D
Thanks given by:
Community run masterservers exist. You just gotta look.
Thanks given by:
Good news :)

http://www.ac-news.tk/assaultcube/ac-1-0...shut-down/
Thanks given by:
Did the AC devs ever look at AC 1.0? If you devs havn't noticed, 3/4 of the AC community plays 1.0. And 1/4 of the AC community plays 1.1 and I guarantee that 1/4 plays 1.0 sometimes too. This was a stupid idea. Lots of people are gonna quit AC for this reason.
Thanks given by:
bballn45: Like Gibstick said, "Adapt or die".
Thanks given by:
i dont believe so yes some will quit because they loved 1.0 but most people will just move to 1.1 yes this life...
Thanks given by:
For the people that dislike 1.1, I encourage you to discuss on makke's thread.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 01:08AM)bballn45 Wrote: Did the AC devs ever look at AC 1.0? If you devs havn't noticed, 3/4 of the AC community plays 1.0. And 1/4 of the AC community plays 1.1 and I guarantee that 1/4 plays 1.0 sometimes too. This was a stupid idea. Lots of people are gonna quit AC for this reason.

3/4 to 1/4? Hardly. The majority of players are on 1.1 now. And that was true before the 1.04 masterserver was shut down.
Thanks given by:
I do not understand all the fuss about this. The only detraction because of this is that you don't get your lists updated by the masterserver. And even that can be remedied so easily...

On the other hand, there really are no restrictions to what you can do in 1.04. You want to mess around with all the maps that have been called "crap"? Go right ahead. No one will be there if you don't want them to and no one can do a damn thing about it.

This really should be looked at as a benefit for players who still want to play 1.0. It's a loophole around the current map restrictions which many of you have complained so much about.
Thanks given by:
i want my ac back :S *burst into tears*, on the other hand i do need to practice in 1.1 xD
Thanks given by:
@Zarj: I was talking about before the masterserver. Their aint a living soul on 1.0 anymore.
@jackrock: agreed we want the real AC back. Not that other peice of doggie poop game xD
Thanks given by:
I'm sad. I would not want the servers 1.0 fall.
I gather that during these last months, few people joined the new version.
What saddens me most is not having a choice. =(
Thanks given by:
Good riddance.

Not that I didn't like it, it's just that the only two guns I have any idea how to use were so underpowered... it didn't bother me at all in pubs, but in match scene I did horrible because of this.
Thanks given by:
Yes but just make the shotgun and AR more powerful. Why make guns worse? Just makes it more boring. I would put this into consideration devs. Combine 1.0 and 1.1 together. AR, Carbine and even shotty from 1.1 and then smg and sniper from 1.0. I think if we took the smg and sniper from 1.0, it would make the shotgun less powerful even without changing a thing.
Thanks given by:
Oopsies! :D
Thanks given by:
i just want the sniper the way it was in 1.0 don't touch it again or i will KILL YOU ALL :D
Thanks given by:
This is the begining of the end of good times in AC
I can't beat some players will leave but the excellent gaming is dead
The only thing that keeps me playing is the good players and friends I've made by trolling in this game :(

I wish 1.0.4 MS to be on because it's a different game,1.0.4 is like GOOD game (w/o hackers,I mean gameplay) and 1.1 is like Made in Taiwan (no offense but the non original stuff from taiwan can't be described with a simple word...)

We can take the example of windows,they released Vista as a futurist version like wooow but they failed so bad and the OS was a #%(&"# and people decided to stay with XP,now i really don't care of warning lvl this should be a free opinion forum but this is everywhere free expresion is always censored.
Thanks given by:
agree with Monas. Another example. If I were to buy Modern Warfare 2 from the store and then a few months later, Black Ops comes out(which is amazing). Are they gonna just take down MW2 forever? No they are not. So why take down 1.0?
Thanks given by:
I meant it literally: Either make your own MS or move on to 1.1.0.3 (those are adaptations) or quit (die).
Thanks given by:
Its time to adapt. You cannot stop change, say farewell to 1.0 and hello to 1.1. This 'feeling' you're speaking of is pure bull. The only thing I don't enjoy about 1.1 is those annoying shotgunners running around pounding you in the face with that thing. But the fact that there are barely any hackers makes up for it 10x. Adaption is part of the process people, get with it or be left behind.

Rest in Peace: AssaultCube 1.0.4
Thanks given by:
I think you're +1.0.4 (you didn't play older than that version),so adaption makes no sense in this thread.
Thanks given by:
For all the people using the Call of Duty metaphors... this isn't an Xbox/PS3 game guys. MW2 has its own masterserver. Black Ops has its own masterserver. They are different games. Both are from Call of Duty, but each have their own story, same base, but different style and idea.

The main idea, this isn't Call of Duty. If you want to play 1.0.4 then get someone to make a masterserver and have the time of your life. Since the start of human life, humans haven't liked change.

Most of the people that don't like the game, I must say, hate the game because since the moment you clicked "Download" for 1.1 you were expecting it to be bad. When you played it, you expected it to be bad, so you saw what was bad. If you would have clicked the "Download" button with the hopes of playing a new version that would be fun just as 1.0.4, then no matter the glitches and mistakes of the first 1.1 version, you would've ignored that and noticed the good stuff.
Thanks given by: