Rate our Website!!!
hey fellow cubers!
so *rAgE* has been around for 3 months now :D and i would like to see how we are doing from the view of outsiders. on a scale of 1-5 (5 being best), could you guys:

*Rate our website
*Rate our servers
*Rate our activity level (ingame)

thanks!
*rAgE*borat
Thanks given by:
If you honestly want to know my opinion here it is:

-Site a 2: It needs to be more clean. Try using MyBB or Wordpress. Forumotion is cool for a clan and all but its really not that good of a host. Very sloppy, uncoordinated. A tip: Avoid using caps or increase letter size. Like that "Happy Halloween" post. But try to use proper English use hyphens, apostrophes, and capitalize letters where they're suppose to be.

-Servers a 4: Pretty good. Don't know much about servers, so can't give you bad scores or a perfect one.

-Activity a 1: Now this isn't necessarily a score of how active your clan members are but this is a score of how many members you have. You have way to many members. And I mean wayyy too many. I believe you are noob-cruiting. I believe its typical for a new clan like you guys. But man, too many members. Time to make some serious cuts. Some of your members aren't even that skillful. Some of them are mean, disrespectful and completely immature. Make some cuts to as low as about 7-10 members. That means kick 20 members. Make your cuts wisely.

In my book you guys aren't any fun to play with. Only a fraction of your members are active. And a fraction of those members are even nice. You should get this clan thing pat down fast JGAN.
Thanks given by:
I totally agree with ghost
Thanks given by:
I don't remember being disrespected by any *rAgE* members, but each time I go to a rAgE server, there are disrespectful people there.
Thanks given by:
Ya the servers are full of trolls and belly-achers. I went on their today and as soon as I started playing some guy TKed me and said "Wow why the ^#%$ did you jump in front of me?".

=_=
Thanks given by:
XD
jumping in front of people's fire is a bad habit of mine, so I'd just have to agree with that bloke.
Thanks given by:
Lol thats the point...I didnt jump out in front of him. I was following a enemy when he jumped trough a doorway landing behind me. o.o

Eh sorry for topic drift lol :D
Thanks given by:
lawl. thanks for the input everyone :D

@ghost, you are the only one who actually answered the questions XD we started making cuts a few days ago so right now we are at 9 members :S but we never even had 20 members to kick. the most members we ever had was 15 so i dont really get what you are saying... haha also, i enjoy random bs in my blog because it amuses me. haha but i guess i should cut that out. do you have any recommendations on how to make sure people are active ingame?

@maj.hillis & v-man just report them. anywhere. but please include evidence ;) fyi, n00bs exist so deal with it. you will be called *******, ********, *********, *****, *******, *********, *******, and a lot more. its hard to control them. check your own servers :P
Thanks given by:
Every time I do, they run in terror.
*shrug*
Thanks given by:
Quote:Rate our website

Looks good but i agree with ghost about fontsize.

Quote:Rate our server

Good servers, no lag for me :) but too many idiots and not enough admin :(

Quote:Rate our activity level

tbh i've only ever seen you around Borat, maybe 1 or 2 more but cant remember who.
Thanks given by:
Haha JGAN, I refuse to believe you made cuts. Considering you had a huge amount of members in such a short period of time. Maybe its best if you abandon this clan and join a more professional one. Then maybe give a shot of making one...

As for your members, train them to become more mature and respectful if not, your clan will lose all the respect you have earned. Very little respect, but still, respect.

What can you do about your inactive members? Nothing. You cannot just noob-cruite members like you're doing now. Pick skillful, mature, and active people. I seriously think you should take my idea in the above paragraph into consideration.

Don't take any of this personally. I am also learning to run a clan. But you seriously have to hurry up on and catch up.
Thanks given by:
@billybob thanks man. yea inactivity is pissing me off :/ and im working on finding more trustworthy admins... you wanna be one? :D i will also reconsider how the website is set up. thanks :)

@ghost where are you looking for the members? because we seriously only have 8 members right now O_o concerning respect, i am trying to do my best. they all seem to be good when we first meet them, ya know how it is. :P and we dont noob-cruite. at least i dont think so :S thanks for the advice though!
Thanks given by:
1, 1, 1 your clan is really disorganized get it together before putting yourself out like that.
Thanks given by:
@elite prove?
Thanks given by:
Projection.
Thanks given by:
haha v-man ok so... i think i understand XD
Thanks given by:
@JGAN Yea m8 PM me a pass and i'll admin on your servers, i play on them quite a lot :)
Thanks given by:
Yes, you need more trustworthy admins. I'm looking at your site.

Oh, another thing about your site. You might want to make a more professional one. Try installing MyBB and/or WordPress.

Thanks given by:
Better yet, get a better host altogether, though webs will do for a simple AC clan. Wordpress isn't really needed - you can use static HTML (ye simple) for the clan roster and bios, with myBB or SMF for the forums.
Thanks given by:
@all ack zymic can be a pain in the ass, ya know? i use it to run a personal website, and i have heard lots of bad stuff on myBB. i think webs is good for me, though we will see. thanks :D

@billybob ok will do asap gotta let the server owners know :S
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 10, 01:26AM)Ghost Wrote: Try installing MyBB and/or WordPress.

I don't understand those, I had them for a few years on my pc :S
Thanks given by:
You can get better forums with, like Gibstick mentioned: myBB, phpBB, Vanilla, and many others. But you have to know some more things since you have to download them into your computer and install them and that kind of stuff.

But seeing that you couldn't understand Wordpress and myBB, I would encourage you to try Forumotion or Freeforums. These are forum-making websites where you only need to make an account and a forum, and everything else involving making the forum look good, is up to you.
Thanks given by:
Yes, anything including forumotion is better than Webs. \:D
Thanks given by:
Website -- 3.5 (simplistic design and '90s-style counter on the top of the page keep it from being a 4.5 or 5)

Servers -- 4 (As I mentioned, only rude people keeping it from being a 5)

Activity -- 3 (I haven't met most of the clan members in forum or in-game, but the ones I have met I give a 5!)
Thanks given by:
Website - 2. unorganised, style isnt that nice imo.
Servers - 3.5. same as vman, no lag problems, just need admins.
Activity - 3. can't give much judgement as i rarely am on ac bar hi-skill pubs on 1.0 and inters and cms.
Thanks given by:
yay we arent too bad... :D thanks

@people ranting on webs forums stuff: i am probably gonna try freeforums. looks nice :3

@people ranting on no admins: ack. will send more very soon so keep a look out :D

@v-man: '90s-style counter? lol ok never heard that before... but thanks for the input :) i like it though haha

@morsey is the font an issue? or how is it unorganized... pestering you for details lol
Thanks given by:
I think what Morse means is how you go into the site and the big, colored, italic words start poking on your eyes. You have to make sure the website is pleasing to the eye.

Here are some examples from different forum clans that imo, look nice and please the eyes:
http://forum.tearyoudown.com/
http://beyondcompare.org/
http://one.zeelot.webfactional.com/news.php
Thanks given by:
@wolf: hmmm... i see what you mean... xP thanks i am going to really change the website now haha
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 10, 04:39AM)JGAN Wrote: @morsey is the font an issue? or how is it unorganized... pestering you for details lol

Well there is no real theme to the site, It just has random colours anywhere, The banner needs a change. However, I like the side links, general structure and has fairly good activity. So in short, pick a theme and stick to it.
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 10, 09:12AM)Morsey! Wrote: So in short, pick a theme and stick to it.
LOL
ive lost track of how many themes the NR site has had
JGAN: make sure you only get people who you know are going to do the right thing and will play
1 way to check if players are active in game are to tell them to play on ladder servers of woop or tyd ladders, then you can check there 'times played' online. But i suggest you make members use an irc channel to chat and be on stand by for clan matches and inters

Thanks given by: