Can't open Assault Cube
I'm using an old PC with win 2000.
Every time when i want to open Assault Cube, a window flashes up and says: \AssaultCube_v1.1.0.3\bin_win32\ac_client.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I have this problem since the 1.1.0.3 update.

Can you please help me?
Thanks given by:
Obviously, AC no longer works on Windows versions < XP. That's a really old OS you have there.
Protip: if you don't want to buy a new Windows version (or if you don't want to buy a new computer just for a new OS) help yourself to some Linux distribution.
Thanks given by:
Check if the folder actually exists, ie. if it was installed to the correct location. As well, go into the bin_win32 folder and rename "DbgHelp_RemoveThisPartIfOnWin98.DLL" to the appropriate name "DbghHelp.DLL", just to see what happens.
Thanks given by:
(28 Oct 10, 06:57PM)Mullermilch Wrote: I'm using an old PC with win 2000.
Every time when i want to open Assault Cube, a window flashes up and says: \AssaultCube_v1.1.0.3\bin_win32\ac_client.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I have this problem since the 1.1.0.3 update.

Can you please help me?

This is my prob also man...
It can't be fixed (so far can't), we need new PC's.
Thanks given by:
Wait, really? What changed in the code so that only the newer NTs recognize AC?
Thanks given by:
The new windows binaries were compiled with Visual Studio 2010. I guess that's why.
Thanks given by:
Use this temporary fix please: http://test.bcfh.eu/AC_1.1.0.3_fixed.zip

Yes, using VS2010 (Ultimate) caused the problem. Knowing now about this problem I will continue using VS2008 (Professional).
Thanks given by:
D:
Micro$oft is a cold, hard b****.
Thanks given by: