Poll: Do you think Marijuana should be legalised?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
7 63.64%
No
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should Marijuana be legalised?
So I'm pretty bored right now, and I was watching tv and I saw something about there being a vote in California to legalise Cannabis and thought why not make a thread about this?
I myself can see why and why it shouldn't be made legal and I am torn between the two but what are your views?
Thanks given by:
In Brazil, I say no.
It causes lung cancer, destroys your brain, and makes you alienated.
About drugs, we already have alcohol around here... and it already causes enough prejudice to the drunk lives.

Idk about other countries (different cultures can handle this in a different way).
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 10, 11:28PM)Brahma Wrote: It causes lung cancer

Apparently not: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...01729.html. I thought Marijuana caused lung cancer too but I googled it just now to make sure because there's so many myths surrounding drugs.
Thanks given by:
You do know about 75% of links on google hold fake information..right? And Yes, I believe it shouldn't be legalized. I think anything that brings you out of your regular state or in a state of 'high' should be banned. And I think it does give you lung cancer... Another thing about California, yes its legalized there but only for medical purposes (correct me if I'm wrong.) Certain people who play assaultcube coughadamcough smoke Marijuana...
Thanks given by:
I personally think it should only be legally available as a prescription drug.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 10, 11:59PM)Ghost Wrote: You do know about 75% of links on google hold fake information..right?
Uh...
Ftw

Anyways, I rather Marijuana be legalized than tobacco. But, as the phrase goes, "when pigs fly".
Thanks given by:
For one side, the drug traffic would be over, but for the other side, weed does a lot of damage for the body . Maybe it could be legalized but like in Argentina, where it can be smoked just a "personal" portion. If you were caught with LOTS of weed, make a plantation in your garden, or other things like that you get busted.
Thanks given by:
@ghost and brahma. it doesnt give you lung cancer and has been proven to not cause brain damage. Read your facts before believing government propaganda. also 400,000 deaths a year from alcohol and 0 from weed in history. ok
Thanks given by:
I suppose I'm kinda of neutral.
I think it's fair to let people use it if they so choose, but if it's legalized I can see it getting way out of hand.

Hopefully its legalization would make its use less of a taboo. Half my friends are stoners and the other half is the adamant anti-drug type, so maybe if it wasn't such a big deal they could actually get along.

Also: IBTL
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 10, 02:34AM)adam Wrote: @ghost and brahma. it doesnt give you lung cancer and has been proven to not cause brain damage. Read your facts before believing government propaganda. also 400,000 deaths a year from alcohol and 0 from weed in history. ok

I think 0 have been on record because no-one dies from smoking too much weed. Now if someone to smoke weed and be in the state of 'high' and go driving down a busy interstate. What would happen?
Thanks given by:
yeah but people who do that are idiots.
Thanks given by:
It causes lung cancer... and it is about 6 times stronger than common tobacco.
I am not talking about internet bullshit or senseless arguments of drug apologists... I am talking about scientific articles from respected sources.

But this discussion is useless, because even in the scientific media there are junkies defending the use of this shit.

Also, this is the wrong place for this, since this forum is filled with children (so, it is difficult to tell about "my experience over the years", because it is a null concept here).

Thanks given by:
Should be legalized. People should be smart enough to control how many doses of pot they take. If they want to kill themselves by taking it and doing insane things then they are just hurting their own relatives, friends, and themselves. It would also stop drug traffic, even though unfortunately the narcotics' market make a big part of many countries in the world. In my opinion, it would make more sense for there to be a law for smoking being illegal than weed being illegal at all.

I somewhat agree with adam. It's true it can't kill you, but it can take away your motivation of life; hence committing suicide or some psychotic bullcrap, and it destroys your brain cells.
Thanks given by:
the fact that tobacco companies are allowed to spray a bunch of toxic chemicals onto a plant thats known to cause cancer and sell it but weed remains illegal shows how corrupt america really is. this issue should be plain and clear and simply about freedom? i think every drug should be legal. drug money funds so much fucked up shit. and the cia and mexican military control the flow of drugs across the boarder.
Thanks given by:
insideJOB, this isn't just for the USA. You have to know your audience. Brahma is from brazil, Wolf is from Brazil as well? Plenty are from Australia.
Anyways, with legality comes the pattern of demand. Meaning toxic chemicals.
I think this debate should cite its sources ;)
Thanks given by:
Obviously, yes. The only reason we hold marijuana to be a taboo, in the United States, at least, is because the use of it was rather uncommon. If our forefathers had smoked the ganja rather than basked in their inebriation, we would all be having far different experiences with the law (:P). It has been proven time and time again that drugs such as alcohol/hard liquor are just that - hard; a hard drug. As Adam stated, one cannot overdose on marijuana. Also, marijuana more or less makes one more prone to react, as time seems to go slower and the senses heighten (although this is more so dependent on the strain).

"...it can take away your motivation of life; hence committing suicide or some psychotic bullcrap, and it destroys your brain cells." - Untrue. It is not a 'downer', nor an 'upper', it is simply a hallucinogen. The tales of 'loss of motivation' are most likely from those who are psychologically addicted, which, in most cases, one can be weened off of. Also, why would doctors prescribe marijuana to those suffering from mental issues, including/especially depression if it were to result in suicide of the recipient? lol.

And everything, more or less, destroys your brain cells - time, for instance.

In my opinion, it should simply be as it currently is/will be in California (commencing Jan. 1st, '11), in that it will be decriminalized, and only stockpiling and having possession of large amounts aforementioned hallucinogen will result in serious consequences. The 'war on drugs' in America is a joke and a waste of money.

Sources: None, because if you all can't bear to cite anything, I won't either. Just going from personal experience, a user of said drug, a sufferer of social anxiety and a person who has dealt with those in mental states that can be ameliorated with a simple pipe and $5 worth of illegal materials.
Thanks given by:
Haha, fair enough Impakt'd.
I'll get around to venturing back to my school years again...
Thanks given by:
I don't think this is suitable on a gaming forum were young adults may be reading.
Thanks given by: