New Game
I would like to make a new game, almost the same as AssaultCube and I would like some dev's to help me. I am thinking of a shooter with certain types of command lines and different aiming types and such sorts of game modes and weapons. Please post if you would like to help me do this. Thank you if you do.

-Tyler
Also I will check in daily to see if you shall help me do so or not.
Thanks given by:
Can you code? What are the plans for this game?
Thanks given by:
Well, I don't understand much of the thing used to code... Hence dev's help

and the plans are to have like a mode there its tosok/ctf as one, making it so editing where mapmodels are already clipped, throwing knife, aimer for sniper like on assault rifle, ect.
Thanks given by:
With all due respect mate, how and why would the devs help you make another game when they are having already enough game working time on this game. You are saying you have no idea about coding, and you're wishing that the devs do everything for you.

This sounds to me like an AC version but with new features that you want there to be like the knife throwing and the AR sniper.
Thanks given by:
Luc@s already made insta mode mods, maybe he can help you. The scope for AR and throwing knife sound nice, etc.
Thanks given by:
I would suggest starting from small. Start with something like FPS Creator, and start learning to code. After that, slowly start making FPS's until you have enough experience to make a game if of course, help from others :)
Thanks given by:
Alright, thanks. I will figure out coding before I do anything else about this. I'll learn the coding basics then like you said, advance after that then making a working model game. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Tyler, I don't think you have any idea how big the source code for AC is...
AC's source (this is just the code, nevermind stuff like the textures, maps, mapmodels, etc) takes up roughly 2 MB. 1 single 46 KB file in the source (menus.cpp) is is 1428 lines. This means the source code for AC is something like 57 000 lines.

Just thought I should let you know this if you are interested in making something "similar" to AC.
Thanks given by:
Well, I am using a simple program that makes the codes and crap like that but I add anything (mapmodels, weapons, pickups, flags, spawns) anything like that.
Thanks given by:
I think eihrul works with game development (professionally)... so maybe you should contact him.
In a "for free" style, you really need to learn code if you want to do a complete game for you.
Thanks given by:
alright
Also, Gibstick, I tried the AC game uninstall and re-downloading it but that failed. I can't even open it now. When I double-click or right-click and open, it says and I quote, "Win32 is not a valid application..." then I hit ok and it just closes...
Thanks given by:
Take a screenshot and post it in your other thread. Are you sure the shortcut is correct?
Thanks given by:
How do I post a screenshot?
Thanks given by:
Use the snipping tool or press PrintScreen, then paste into an image editing program (paint for ex.) and save. Upload to an image hosting site (imageshack.us for ex).
Thanks given by:
http://img64.imageshack.us/f/useing.png/

http://img213.imageshack.us/f/useing2.png/
Thanks given by:
If you are on a limited account try installing to another location and using no home dir at all.
Thanks given by:
I already did that, still nthing.
Thanks given by:
1. Does the AC client binary have a proper size?
2. Does it have an icon?
3. Are permissions denied to the "everyone" group (Security Tab)
4. Is your computer infected?

Run cmd
cd \Program Files\AssaultCube_1.1.0.3\bin_win32\
cacls /g <YourUserName>:f ac_client.exe
cacls /g everyone:f ac_client.exe

If it is a permission problem, that will give it full control and should run.
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 10, 03:35AM)eynstyne Wrote: 1. Does the AC client binary have a proper size?
2. Does it have an icon?
3. Are permissions denied to the "everyone" group (Security Tab)
4. Is your computer infected?

Run cmd
cd \Program Files\AssaultCube_1.1.0.3\bin_win32\
cacls /g <YourUserName>:f ac_client.exe
cacls /g everyone:f ac_client.exe

If it is a permission problem, that will give it full control and should run.

Well, it isn't 1-4.
But I forgot what cmd, cd, and cals are...
Thanks given by:
I'll write the whole goddamn game if you pay me enough

:D

But seriously, learn to code for yourself and possibly attract modders/'for fun'-kinda coders who would be willing to help once you've a foundation. Btw, I'd suggest a different free engine, lol. Looking at AC's source code won't guide you much either
Thanks given by:
I know what to do to learn code now, I still want to get AC up and running again though.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 10, 02:43AM)Tyler Wrote: and the plans are to have like a mode there its tosok/ctf as one,

Insta CTF = Sauerbraten :) but i get the point it's kinda funny that game play

Thanks given by:
Well, I made the scripts and coding but I need a client which I couldn't do.
Thanks given by:
knowing what "cmd," "cd," "cacls," "rm," "sudo," and about 50 more probably will help you a good deal in coding...

cmd-command prompt
cd-goto/find directory
cacls-yes/no
rm-remove
sudo-root
mkdir-create directory
ftp-file transfer protocol
bat-batch file
echo-repeat text
print-repeat text (python)
#!/bin/sh-shell script for linux and stuff
exe-executable

those are only a few of the basic commands for scripting and self-executable files THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD. if you want to start learning how to code, start out with basic stuff, like shell/batch scripts, html, and maybe python. i probably could list about 20 more in a shitload of languages from memory if you want me too

* JGAN ponders seriously learning coding :D
Thanks given by:
Tyler I heard your are trying to make a game.....I know nothing about that but i can help with maps on that if it is like AC
Thanks given by:
alright...
Thanks given by: