To all hi-skill players
As you might know, i'm one of the hi-skill server admins.
This happened to me today:

When i got to the server player X and player Y were having a fight, i told them to stop acting like that.

Player X said that he was getting the demo and that he was going to report player Y.

Then player Z starts teamkilling. I kick him. He comes back and he restarts teamkilling. After being warned, i banned him (he killed the flag holder more than once, it was THTF).

Player X then started saying that i was abusing my powers and that he was going to report me too.

Then player R, a friend of mine, enters the server, and starts saying that i'm a good admin, etc. At one point player X admits that he was wrong, but then he says "fuck you" to player R.

I kick him.

*He comes back, but doesn't matter".

Latter on, i was in a server where 2 of Tgs players were pwning cla, whose score was below 100. If i recall correctly they had 300(+-) score each.

I forced one of them, and then he starts to bitch about it, and he changes back to rsfv: I kick him.

Guys, PLEASE TRUST THE ADMIN. Don't, like he did after he returned, say: "why didn't you shuffle?". I repplied: by shuffling i disturb everyone, and shuffles are useless". He then said: "well, you disturbed me".

Seriously, i don't care about disturbing you. I am very sorry for the incovenience, but all i care about is making the game a fair one.

titi
The intervinients (probably not the correct way to spell this) know who they are.
Thanks given by:
well, this has also happened in most ways to me..

With about 7-2 votes or so voting off douze ctf,i admin f1'd and a tgs player instanly called it admin abuse..
though, thats not to say that after i had to explain, he understood what i did was right, and we continued playing(please note, i'm not attacking the tgs clan,neither is titi, this is just what happened)

some maps are not suitable for playing in 14 player servers, some people are not suitable in servers with people who care about playing, the admins are trying to make the games as fun and plesant as possible
there will always be mistakes made by admins and players acusing admins, thats just how it is..

Thanks given by:
Exactly, i just hope that some players begin to understand that our role is to make the game FAIR, not to give them the most points.
I know that this isn't the most correct place to post this (hi-skill.us whould be more correct), but i feel this is a general AC problem.
Thanks given by:
I was there. I won't say who, but I was involved.

Just for the sake of everyone, instead of arguing with the admin that you disagree, just trust him and be aware we do things for a reason. If you think he did something extremely outrageous, don't start a flame war at the server where you should be playing, not writing walls of text of how your feelings got hurt. Instead, come and make a topic on the hi-skill page for your report and get it sorted out.

We have admin to help the game be fairer, if you were disturbed, then we're sorry for the drag, but we do what is necessary to make the game as fun as possible for everyone.

The other day I was in the same server as well, and there was a clearly amateur player that most probably had never played an FPS in his life. During the pub match he kept doing friendly fire at me and other teammates, so I simply just kept looking at his name on the map to avoid him, but since depot was the map being played, there weren't many options to where to go, so it came to the point that when he killed me, by then I was already quite irritated.

I kicked him and another player started saying to me that I had just kicked his friend and that he was teaching him since he was a newcomer and I shouldn't have kicked him. I told him that he should teach him who to shoot before he got blacklisted, and he kept saying he was his friend and shouldn't have been kicked.

Man, first of all, how can I know he was your friend. Second, do you think that if your friend was carglass or andrew feng I wouldn't kick him because I didn't want to hurt your feelings? I did what was best for the players, and sometimes when you do that you can't satisfy everyone.

What you should've done is simply ask why I kicked him since he was "your friend". Then I would answer he tk'ed, and that should've been the end of the conversation.

That person knows who he is, I'm just trying to get this opinion around so people can understand why admins do these kinds of stuff. There is no bad blood, just hopefully you will understand next time :)
Thanks given by:
Teamfixing like you described is retarded. Also, is there any way we devise a way to stop everyone from ruining perfectly good games by cutting them short to play ac_shine, OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
Thanks given by:
Cactus: You mean when there is ac_shine being played and someone votes ac_shine again halfway through the game?
Thanks given by:
I'll admit completely, I was the jacka** in that situation.
I attempted to resolve it with you. I did resolve it with Ciclon, if you ask him you'll find that. And I already apologized to you and to him.

About the other person, who I will not name. He has many times come onto servers, claimed admin, banned or kicked a player, and left. If he stays I question that, and he usually kicks or even bans me as well, saying "Again DEKiMA, stop." (This is before either one of say anything to each other, other than my asking for a reason for his actions.) Of course I'm going to question his judgment.

That's how it started, with that unnamed admin and I "feuding."

Again, as I said before, I have no problem with you or Cicolon anymore. I apologized and we're cool now. Or at least I thought we were, but now I wonder.
Thanks given by:
This could all be avoided if AC, had Cod2's way of dealing with teamkillers.
Thanks given by:
Arrrrr, I would like so say to people complaining about douze, just please stop complaining about it. This is an example but I may hate shine but that gets VOTED all the time and it always gets F1 but no-one complains about that because they are good at that map.

Anyways I thought AC was a *FAST PLAYED* game....... It gets really frusttrating when people say this mode is stupid and stuff like that :(

TBH I hate depot but do you see me complaining about it. I may say this map is stupid but I just play the map and get over it. Like just people need to get used to maps that are quite popular (power,shine,douze,mines,depot).

This is just my opinion and I just think people should just stop getting annoyed because a map gets picked that they don't like.......

Makes me feel most of the AC players are very unflexible.
Thanks given by:
ok im wit xenon on this ive seen many players vote maps like shine or power all the time and when we vote douze you guys complain to us?
omg its map if u dont like it deal with it or plz leave just dont complain to others that the map sucks since other players like it and about the
the admin stuff idk because i was not there so yeah....
Thanks given by:
(09 Oct 10, 10:26PM)titiPT Wrote: Latter on, i was in a server where 2 of Tgs players were pwning cla, whose score was below 100. If i recall correctly they had 300(+-) score each.

I forced one of them, and then he starts to bitch about it, and he changes back to rsfv: I kick him.

Guys, PLEASE TRUST THE ADMIN. Don't, like he did after he returned, say: "why didn't you shuffle?". I repplied: by shuffling i disturb everyone, and shuffles are useless". He then said: "well, you disturbed me".

Seriously, i don't care about disturbing you. I am very sorry for the incovenience, but all i care about is making the game a fair one.

titi
The intervinients (probably not the correct way to spell this) know who they are.

I will come out and say that it was me who was kicked. I didn't understand at first your reason for the force team but later did. I am sorry for doubting the admins. You are an admin on hi skill for a reason and I should respect that. Again I apologize and I will try not to do it again.
Thanks given by:
Good job coming forward and apologizing guys, respect for you :)
Made me realize AC probably has one of the most mature gaming communities I've known, but as with ANY game...the bigger it gets the more types of playres you'll run into :S
Thanks given by:
usesnipez & lucky:
How is that associated with this thread's objective?

Nevertheless; to answer your concerns, I agree people shouldn't be whining about other maps and at least be trying new things, if they just simply can't bear playing the map, joining another server is the best solution instead of disturbing other players with your snivels. Someone votes a map, and people decide for themselves if they want to play it or not. If the vote passes and you happen to despise the map and have no interest in playing then leave, for life goes on.
Thanks given by:
the reason people complain about douze is it is not suitable for a hi skill server, which normally has + 10 players.(IMHO)
there was a reason there was a fixed maprot before and that was to stop this happening, but it is sad that 1 clan seems to be the main cause of it..though they have done nothing wrong in a sense(as i say again, not an attack on tgs)

maybe back to a fixed map rot, that would be less fun
maybe only allow certain maps to be voted, suitable for team flag games with lots of players(map pack etc)
or a guideline to admin..

the bottom line is, if enough people vote a map, thats the one played, stop complaining.
Thanks given by:
@Dekima, i accepted your apology and i have no problems against you. I just didn't like your reaction to Ciclon.

@Droid, apology accepted, it goes to show that you are a mature player that learns from his mistakes. Wish you and your clan the best.
Thanks given by:
@yata, I know your not attacking us but many players vote the map. We may of started people liking this but lots of other people like the map. Most of the time I can walk in and vote douze (i normally don't :P) and most people would press F1 as most people like it. As yata said, if the megority say F1 then that means your playing that map.

@Wolf, I totally agree, if you do not like the map or mode don't play it. =]
Thanks given by:
I can't not notice the offtopic, but anyways: people want to vote a map, let them. The majority always wins.
Thanks given by:
YAYAYA im the "R"(its true)
Thanks given by:
Lol @ciclon, thanks for the support.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 10, 10:21AM)titiPT Wrote: @Dekima, i accepted your apology and i have no problems against you. I just didn't like your reaction to Ciclon.

@Droid, apology accepted, it goes to show that you are a mature player that learns from his mistakes. Wish you and your clan the best.

I just thought he was trying to egg me on again, and at first I didn't believe him when he said he wasn't. That was all. But later on I realized he wasn't.

If the purpose of this thread has been met, can it be closed? We're getting a lot of offtopic replies.
Thanks given by: