Multiple servers?
is there anyway to make more then 1 server on 1 computer?
Thanks given by:
You can make more than one server by changing the ports +2 at a time. (Switch: -f)
Thanks given by:
Yeah do like 28765 and 28766 for ports those will set you up good. And yeah when it says server switch or sumething like that then just put -f
Thanks given by:
Simple. Make two servercmdlines, name each according to their servers, open appropriate ports, duplicate the batch file and point everything in the batches to the appropriate files via the switches. More info can be found in the docs.
Thanks given by:
also i was wondering if its allowed to play maps that is re edited from the offical maps?
Thanks given by:
Not really. Unless the "re-editor" got permission from the creator of the original map (which is very unlikely), then you can.

Actually...
Listen to the Brahma
[Image: arrow-down.gif]
Thanks given by:
No one is allowed to change any map except it's own creator. If you put edited official maps in a server, your server will be eventually blocked.
Thanks given by:
so how do i get rid of it in my server?
Thanks given by:
with a SAL-T3 nade.

they should be in the packages->maps->servermaps->incoming folder. just delete them.
Thanks given by:
(06 Oct 10, 11:58PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Not really. Unless the "re-editor" got permission from the creator of the original map (which is very unlikely), then you can.

Actually...
Listen to the Brahma
[Image: arrow-down.gif]
(06 Oct 10, 11:59PM)Brahma Wrote: No one is allowed to change any map except it's own creator. If you put edited official maps in a server, your server will be eventually blocked.

The zlib license doesn't apply to the official maps? I knew that media isn't covered under the same license, but surely... :/

EDIT: I ask because ac_toxic is the only official map that has a stated license. Copyright <year> <author> isn't a legal license is it? I've always seen Copyright <year> <author> as "don't use it, don't talk about it, don't find out it exists" kind of an all (public domain without a copyright notice) or nothing (with a copyright notice and nothing else.)

EDIT: EDIT: Without permission that is otherwise given, of course. I just realized that otherwise what I was saying made no sense.
Thanks given by:
It is only partially a matter of licence (imo). It is mainly a matter of "respecting the work of other artists". It is not easy to create a good map... you need skill and patience. Usually, good maps take weeks to be done. When you get an official map and modify it, you are disrespecting the artwork done there.
Thanks given by:
Mhm and that's so true. I've tried making maps so many times, but I suck.

However attribution and ownership are to different things. One can have both without a copyright, and if you make media for an OS game, wouldn't the true spirit be to ask others to improve and modify it as they see fit?

Uh, I'm not trying to argue. I just know that when I make something with no copyright I want others to assume it's kopimi or public domain. So I think that (no offense to you) the authors, if they are able, should answer Ash's question. Otherwise I would tend to follow your advice in this situation, but really only considering the possibility of his/her server being blacklisted.

EDIT: Haha... you'd have to know me to understand my opinion there. I don't think it's a very common one.
Thanks given by:
I understand your point... i took a look at dekima.com

I think you are right about "attribution and ownership"... If you modify a map, we will not put our "lawyers" over you... but the art sense persists, and it is a matter of respect and cooperation.

The main issue which disrupt any cooperation over map modding, imho, it is that art cannot be improved because it does not follow a clear pattern/purpose... it is more like feeling than reasoning... a good map for you can be an awful map to other guy. Anyway, the maps are the babies of the mappers... do not touch in their babies or they will hate you forever...
Thanks given by:
Correct :) As Palin would say, don't touch the momma bear's babies! Lol@ Palin...

Offtopic- However dekima.com hasn't been updated in many months and needs taken down. I've just been too lazy to do so.
Thanks given by:
The long and short of it is, if you have a server running modified versions of official maps, your server will be blacklisted and you will most likely also be blacklisted, so don't do it.
Thanks given by:
is am i allow to keep the map because my friend makkE made desert and he re edited it?
Thanks given by:
Viva La Fascista!! Give credit where credit is due, ask the creator if you can modify it, or the Fascistas will be on you like Zarj's trigger finger on his mod cannon!
Thanks given by:
I guess coming back to this thread, are we talking editing ac_desert and calling it ac_desert on your server? Or calling it ac_desert-mod on your server?
Thanks given by: