How would you like to see forum/IRC moderation change?
Undead, please leave out your quick assumptions and listen for once.

I never said, nor implied that laws as a whole were irrelevant. My sole point is that it is never going to make things easier, or more transparent for the average bob when things become more complex like some in here have suggested regarding a changed style of forum moderation. I thought we have already agreed on that actually.

The VAT act was added as an example that is most relevant to me personally, since I have to deal with it daily. No need to assume 'frustration', it's simply my experience and the first thing that came to mind. It's this subtle way you try to belittle your opponents at any given possibility that makes it hard for people to take your arguments seriously, by the way. Not to mention it constantly feels like you were only challenging people for the sake of discussion rather than trying to come to a conclusion. I'm not saying it was your actual intention, but that is how you are being received by a lot of people. Just to let you know.

However, there are plenty of other examples of laws that keep hordes of lawyers and consultants busy. Most likely not because it was crystal clear how those laws have to be applied. Just have a look at your local court house. I hope we can agree on that, especially since I never questioned the use of laws, but the 'readability' of those.

And to clarify something, I actually formulated the discussion in this forum should 'revolve around the game' like that, in order to not exclude the various aspects that come with the game, just like mapping, contests, clan matters and so on. I do know that there's more going on, but the actual development on the coding front.

I don't see what there was to discuss about this any further and think I have made myself pretty clear. In short, we need no excessive moderating rules and processes but have to get rid of those that can't have an argue without constantly offending their opponents.

I'm sort of tired that I always have to make at least three posts until certain people will understand, or more probable will stop to mime they wouldn't understand and derail a simple point of view by dissecting every single sentence, while at the same time completely miss the very point that was made. That is indeed frustrating.

Thanks for reading.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you like to see forum/IRC moderation change? - by Mr.Floppy - 28 May 15, 02:36PM