ACKA servers, do they deserve to be in masterserver?
Slightly off topic from the original post, but oh well. This has been my problem since 1.2 was in the working. There are a select number of maps, namely "old classics" that won't either meet the requirements or won't get converted, or both. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for the map requirements, 100% actually. My issue here is forcing every single map for previous versions to go through a conversion. That has always seemed like a huge waste of time for most mappers. There is 0 chance I will sit there and run conversion after conversion after conversion to get unfinished maps, maps that were to be updated, maps that didn't make it as big (but still enjoy), and various others that could fall into some sort of category. Now, I do know the reasoning behind doing so, I'm aware of that much. But once again, not everyone was thought of during an update. What about the people that don't happen on the forum often, they are left in the dark on old maps and fail to understand why these maps are broken (matter of a fact, this just happened to someone that had been here awhile that never bothered to take up mapping, I ended up fixing a bunch of files for them so they could play them again). The conversion is a broken system that only thinks about similar packaging and not the people out there doing the work to go in said packaging. That's always been a bother of mine in this version and it will continue to be regardless of whatever self-sided opinion you try to justify the conversion. You be selective of course and not everyone or even every dev.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACKA servers, do they deserve to be in masterserver? - by Pi_Halo - 05 May 15, 12:17PM